Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If It's Only A Game, You Lost Me

3- The First Time

by FairytaleFiction 1 review

What kind of boy wants to be with a blind girl anyway?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-02-14 - Updated: 2012-02-14 - 2711 words

2Original
(Frank's POV)



I'd never really fallen asleep. Instead I'd listened to Isabella breathing beside me until she fell asleep. Now as I stared down at her beautiful face I found myself thinking of how it would be to walk in a world and see nothing. She couldn't even see her own reflection. I wasn't sure if that would be a gift or a curse in our world. So many people were so obsessed with looks. All of the teenage girls at our school were absolutely obsessed. I didn't want Isabella to be able to look at her perfect reflection and pick it apart... She didn't deserve her beauty to fall apart like that.

I heard a sudden knock on my door and jumped up, hoping the noise wouldn't wake Isabella up. "Coming." I called out, opening my bedroom door with a violent force that startled my mother.

She peered behind me at my bed, "Another girl Frank?" She asked, sighing heavily.

I shrugged, "What can I say?"

"Say you'll stop and mean it this time. How many girls have you slept with?" My mother shook her head, "Maybe I should be home more... It's just hard with work..." She looked exhausted.

Isabella's voice interrupted whatever it was I'd been about to say. "Frank?" She asked, sounding disoriented.

"Well, might as well introduce us." My Mother said, sounding frustrated. I had a great mom. The best. She just... didn't like the girls I chose to sleep with. Hell, I didn't even like them. That's why it never went beyond sex but I couldn't tell my Mom that. It would sound even worse than my... experimenting excuse.

I glanced at my Mom, "Just be nice." I begged in a quiet voice.

"When am I not?" My mom asked, waiting for me to introduce her.

Isabella had now sat up on my bed. I watched as her fingers moved to the edge of the bed and she stood, "Frank?" She asked again, having not heard me speaking from the doorway.

"I'm right here." I informed her, stepping in to my room. "So, Isabella... I wanted you to meet my mother." I awkwardly said. I'd never introduced anyone to my mother. I mean, there was Gerard and Mikey... but they were my best friends. I'd definitely never introduced a girl to my Mother.

"Oh, how lovely. Is she home now?" Isabella asked, glancing towards my wall instead of the door.

My mother looked confused, as expected. "Yeah, my mom is here right now. Mom, meet Isabella. She's new to school." I said, shooting my mom a pleading look. I didn't want her to say something stupid though I'd already said plenty to Isabella that had probably insulted her in some way.

"Hello." Isabella said, unsure as to where she should look. She smiled in a friendly way, "Frank's been very kind. He's been helping me around school." Isabella explained.

"That's... such an unexpected surprise." My mother said, smiling in return. "I'm Olivia. It's great to meet you Isabella."

Isabella bit her lip, keeping her smile friendly. I cut in, nervously clearing my throat. "Isabella, did you want to stay for dinner?"

My mom's eyes widened in further surprise.

"That'd be wonderful. Thank you Frank." Isabella responded. "Is that okay with you Mrs. Iero?"

My mom smiled, "Just call me Olivia dear and of course it's fine. What would you kids like?"

I grinned, "How about Isabella and I cook for you?"

Isabella's face lit up, "That would be fun!"

"Sure." My Mom said, "Could I talk to you for a moment first Frank?"

"Sure Mom." She walked out in to the hallway, "I'll be right back Isabella!"

"Okay." Isabella responded, yawning. She still looked sleepy. It was actually kind of... adorable.

"What's up Mom?" I asked, walking out to meet My mom.

"What is this?" She asked, looking somewhat excited.

"Huh?" I was confused. Maybe I should have slept after all. Usually I could keep up a little better. Where had my brain gone?

"This girl- You..." She grinned, "You didn't sleep with her, did you?"

"Nah." I shrugged, "Not yet." I added.

She groaned, "Don't be a little prick like your dad was Frank. If you like her and just want to hang out... You know that's a teenage boy thing too, right? You don't always have to be in bed with a girl."

I loved how straight forward my mom could be. Once I started sleeping around she let me know every single night how much I was fucking up. It didn't make me hate her. No, I knew she was right but it was fun. I didn't want to give that up. I didn't want to give up being single. "I don't know Isabella too well."

"Well, I know that look." She said, grinning.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, "Isabella and I are going to go cook. She's blind, not stupid. No idiotic jokes please."

She walked away giggling. I didn't understand her. I wasn't acting like I liked Isabella, was I? No, I was just her... school chauffeur.



I walked back in to my bedroom, talking a second to just look at Isabella. She was sitting on my bed, smiling happily. Could anything bring this girl down? I hoped to never find out. Finally I made my presence known, stepping in to my bedroom... being sure to stomp a little.

Isabella's smile widened, "So, what are we cooking?"



***



"Don't!" Isabella cried out, laughing as the powder hit her face. "Frank!"

"What?" I asked, innocently. "You said you needed flour."

"In the bowl, not on me!" Isabella laughed again, wiping the powder from her face. She had that along with chocolate chips and sugar all over her face, clinging to her hair, stained on to her clothing. "Dinner went better than this." Isabella pouted.

I laughed, "Dinner was spaghetti. Not exactly difficult to make." I leaned over, licking a chocolate chip off of her cheek.

She nearly fell over laughing, "Frank, don't lick me!"

"But you taste like unmade cookies!" I argued.

Isabella grabbed the bag of flour, emptying it in my direction. I laughed as I was covered in white powder which puffed up, covering the kitchen tables and floor. "Mom's gonna kill me." I said, laughing.

"I'll buy her another bag of flour." Isabella said, pouting like a child. "But you made me do it."

A snap went off, temporarily blinding me. "Moommmm!" I groaned.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Isabella called out, thinking we were in trouble.

My mom started laughing, doubling over as she took in the scene. "I always knew Frank was a terrible cook but... I never knew just how bad. You do know the ingredients go in to a bowl and not on to the floor, right Frank?" She asked, winking at me.

I fake glared at her, "I think the cookies will have to wait for next time."

Isabella suddenly tensed, "What time is it?"

"It's..." I pulled my cell phone out, "It's 7:30. Need to get home now?" I asked, hoping I hadn't kept her too late.

Isabella nodded, "Yeah, sorry. I should get going."

"No problem. Let me grab my keys." I replied, heading to my bedroom.

I paused next to my bed, pulling the drawing Isabella had given me from my pants pocket. I set it on my bedside table, admiring it. It was like everything she did was beautiful. It didn't have to be perfect. The imperfections were what made the drawing so perfect. I grabbed my keys, heading to the kitchen.

Once I reached the kitchen I saw that my mother was wiping flour off of Isabella. She sighed, "You're still kind of messy. Did you need to shower before you left?" She asked.

Isabella shook her head, smiling as she always did. "No, I can shower at home. Thank you for dinner!"

"Thanks for cooking with Frank. He always needs help." My mom joked, hugging Isabella.

I rolled my eyes, "Thanks Mom." My hand found Isabella's. I watched as My mom's eyes became glued to our intertwined hands. God, I'd have so much explaining to do... Either that or my mom was bound to go on and on about my supposed feelings towards Isabella.

Together Isabella and I walked from my house to my car. Before I opened the door for her I stopped, "Tonight was fun." I told her, wondering where the cliche words had come from.

"I agree. Your Mom is really nice and your house... Well, I couldn't really see it but it felt really comfortable. Thanks for showing me to-" I cut her off, feeling like a dick suddenly.

"To one class? I promise I'll show you the rest tomorrow." I said, just realizing I had only shown her one class before making her skip with me.

"Does that mean you'll actually stay at school all day tomorrow?" Isabella asked, grinning.

"That's exactly what it means. Guess I'll have to take a giant nap tonight so that I won't need one tomorrow... during class." I said, laughing.

"Don't worry. If I hear snoring I'll throw something. I'm just the blind girl. The teacher will think it was an accident." Isabella said.

"Thought you were going for the 'normal' girl thing?" I asked.

"Well, I can't pretend to not be blind forever. I mean, people are going to notice. It's kind of obvious when I run in to things, can't read the board... etc, etc..." She explained. "I still want to do things for myself but you were right earlier..."

"Wait, I was right?" I teased.

She laughed, "Yeah. You were right when you said you were just a teenager. I'm just a teenager too. I guess I need to stop focusing on what I can't do and more on what I can do. It's not all about being unable to do things."

I didn't respond. Instead I leaned down, pressing my lips against Isabella's. They were soft, just as I'd expected. She opened her lips in mild surprise but I still said nothing, instead opening the door for her so that I could take her home.





***



(Isabella's POV)



Frank's car stopped and I stared uselessly out the window, knowing we had reached the address I'd given him. The taste of Frank's lips were still stained to my own. I didn't want to touch them for fear of losing the feeling. I'd never been kissed before Frank. It had been... nice, like this entire day.

"Wow. Your house is huge." Frank commented.

"I'm sure it's not nearly as nice as yours despite it's size." I stated, honestly. His house felt... warm. My house had never felt warm, not to me anyway.

"No way. I'm poor Bella. This isn't poor, it's nice." Frank said.

"Bella?" I repeated, smiling.

"... yeah." Frank chuckled, "Would you prefer I not call you that?"

"No, I like it." I assured him.

"Good." Frank said, "So, pick you up for school tomorrow?"

"If you want." I agreed.

"I'd like to. Want me to walk you to your door?"

"I don't need help to my door." I stated, slightly offended. Only slightly though.

"I wasn't saying you needed help." Frank said, "I was attempting to be a gentleman. Isn't that what one does after stealing what I'd guess was your first kiss?" Frank asked. I could hear the smile in his voice.

I shook my head, "I think I'll take this walk alone. Goodnight Frank." I opened his car door, bubbles building in my stomach.

"Sleep well Bella." Frank said, staying in place as I exited his car.

The walk seemed long but then I finally reached the door and pulled it open. I knew my parents would be angry. I'd lied to Frank when I told him I didn't have to be home. I was supposed to be home at 3:30, five minutes after the bus reached the corner next to my house. I didn't care though. I wanted to spend time with Frank. I was seventeen years old. I hated being treated like a small child. My parents were probably the biggest offenders when it came to confusing my disability with another... To them I was Deaf, dumb, blind, etc.

"I'm home!" I called out, keeping my tone light as I closed the door behind me. In all reality I was terrified. I was always terrified when it came to confronting my parents. They always reacted in a way I didn't expect so I just stopped expecting... Now I just waited.

"Isabella!" My father's voice loudly greeted my ears, "Where have you been young lady?"

"Who dropped you off?" My Mother's shrill voice came next, "Who was that?"

"I just lost track of time." I said, trying to keep calm. "He's just a friend. He's been helping me at school and-"

"At school, eh?" My Father asked, "The school called. You only went to one class today."

Oops. "Yeah, well... He was showing me some things off campus and-"

"What would those things be?" My Mother asked, accusations lying beneath her tone. I didn't like that.

"We went out to eat." I said, in a flat tone.

"I don't recall telling you that you could go out with a boy." My Father said. I could just feel his glare eating through me.

"I'm sorry." Apologies never meant anything but they sounded nice, right?

"Isabella, do I need to pull you out of this stupid public school?" My Father asked. "It was a stupid idea anyway. Why would you want to-"

"No!" I cut him off, desperate to continue my schooling in a normal place. I didn't want someone following me around, making sure I didn't make a single mistake. Life wasn't like that. I didn't need the constant help. I didn't need to be the school freak and in private schools... being the school freak was so much worse than it could ever be in a public school. "I- Just give me another chance. I'm sorry. I won't mess up tomorrow, okay?" I begged, finding myself horrified with the idea of never hearing Frank's voice again.

"I don't want to find out that you're whoring yourself out to this boy..." My Father said, sounding disgusted. "What kind of boy wants to be with a blind girl anyway? Is he some freak?"

I felt my heart sink at the words. Why would Frank even want to be my friend? I wasn't even worth that. "He's just- He's just a nice guy." I didn't know what else to say.

I stumbled as my Father grabbed on to my hair, "That better be all he is." He growled in to my ear.

"Can I go now?" I asked, voice just above a whisper. I hated when things got violent.

That was the wrong question to ask though. I felt a sharp sting across my eye as I fell to the ground. "Drop the attitude. You may go now. Oh, and clean that shit off of you... whatever it is. You look ridiculous." My Father said, his footsteps echoing down the hallway. I stayed in place, aware of the fact that my mother was still in the room with me.

"Oh darling." My mother's hand closed around my arm as she pulled me to my feet.

I threw on a smile, shaking my head. "I'm going to my room." I didn't want to talk to her. She always tried to play 'nice' when my Father was done hitting me. It was always the same shit. I wanted something different. I sometimes thought that maybe... Just maybe, it wouldn't hurt as much if they just told me they didn't love me. To hear they loved me and then have them hurt me? That was just terrible.

But then it came, "Remember, we love you Isabella. We just want the best for you."

"Thanks Mom." Was all I could choke out.





**



(So, I went with the cliche problems at home thing... and cliche cooking scene. Sorry. I just really wanted to write something really sweet before she came home to her parents. Tell me what you think? This chapter was a bit difficult to write. I just couldn't seem to type as easily. Sorry if things came out a bit forced.)
Sign up to rate and review this story