Categories > Original > Romance > The Hetalia Fluffy Collection

Russia: "Sunflowers"

by KaokenKitten 1 review

Faith has a dream about an old memory when she was young with her best friend, Russia. Then she gets one of the world's most unexpected surprises.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-02-20 - Updated: 2012-02-20 - 2532 words

0Unrated
The Dye manor; a home located somewhere in the bright, warm heart of Canada on a hill that peaks over the Forest of Prosperity. Only two living creatures live within the manor, and only one of them guard the house to defend the territory. No one knows that this house even exists, nor is anyone really permitted to step foot within 100 feet of the house, only because Canada himself made the law just for the mysterious woman who lives within the manor. The house was built in that exact spot for a specific reason, because a memory was made there with an old friend that made her a promise, but seems to have failed to keep it. So she built a house there, waiting for him to return for her.
The moon shines ever so brightly, looking larger than life as the stars glimmer around it like fireflies. On the balcony that stood out far, a tall, slender woman with long brown hair that levitated gracefully in the wind and blue-golden eyes stood there, with an instrument in her hand. It was porcelain, and almost silvery. It was a flute, the same flute her sister played many years ago. It was the same flute her sister gave her those many years ago. And every night, around the same time, even in the rain, even in the hail, the woman would stand out there with flute in playing position, playing any song that came to her mind. And on the occasion, she'd use her voice instead. She'd write her own songs and sing them to the forest or the moon. Even in the daytime, she'd wait out on the balcony, just waiting for that old plane to come flying back to her so she can see her best friend once more... even if it had to be for a second, she'd be in bliss.
After moments of music in the silent forest night that came from the beautiful instrument, a large adult tiger that stood behind the woman let out a roar to tell the animals of the day that the music is done, so they can go to sleep after their nightly lullaby. The woman put the instrument out of playing position, and turned to walk back inside the house and to her room so she can fall asleep next to her only friend, a Siberian tiger that she and her childhood saved one Russian winter day when they were at least nine. And since then, the tiger that is most known as "Inge" has been living with the woman as her pet and her guardian, acting almost like an older brother ever since she taught him to speak.
"Inge..." the woman said. "Do you ever think he'll come back for us?" she asked, packing her flute in a black case that read "Academy" on it.
Inge jumped onto the bed and looked at her. "Of course he will, Faith," the feline replied. "why wouldn't he?"
Faith placed the case on the top of a shelf. "Because he forgot, Inge... it's been ten years. What other explanation is there? He died and I never found out?"
The tiger laid down on the bed. "He's the most feared man in the world, Faith. Of course he's got so little time on his hands."
She nodded and joined him. She cuddled up to the tiger and hugged him tight. "Remember when we first found you in the woods with your leg caught in that bear trap?"
He nodded. "Yeah. He found me and called you over. I was separated from my mother as we were migrating and she didn't notice."
"When we were back at his mansion, he watched me rock you to sleep in my arms as if you were my baby. You were sleeping in my arms, and he sat beside me and said, "Oon day you and I vill have our own family, da? You vill be doing ze same ting vith our own baby. And she vill 'ave ze beauty of her mozer." When he said that, he gave me a kiss on the cheek before he was pulled away by his little sister, Belarus, who became jealous of our relationship." Faith started to sob at the memory. "It's got to be one of the most precious memories I have with him, and I wish to make more with him."
Inge moved his head to face her. He began to gently lick her tears away and placed one of his paws on her shoulder, hugging her like a teddy bear. "And it'll come true. If it doesn't, I'll eat my own foot."
Faith giggled and hugged him tightly. "It will. It will. I know it will. He's going to come back, he's got to."
Inge smiled. "That's the Faith I know. I wish I could see that happiness coming from you a lot more often."
"I'll try my best," she replied. "now let's go to sleep. It's getting late."
The tiger nodded. "Goodnight." He purred.
"Goodnight."

In Her Dream... ♥

The sun shone brightly all throughout the forest, sunflowers in the field responding to the light that glimmered all around her as she sat under the big old willow tree. She was twelve years old. It was her last memory with him before he jumped in the plane and left for a new place. She was sitting under the tree with her sketchpad and her pencil, letting her imagination draw out her picture like it was nothing. And on that picture, there was the oak tree, and the three of them. Him, Inge and herself. They were all cuddled under the tree, Inge in her arms and his arms were wrapped around her. It was like a family portrait since each of them, except Inge who was cuddled into Faith was staring up at her. She drew the picture for him, since he was leaving that day, so he could put it up on his wall and everytime he'd look at it, he'd smile because he'd remember her.
"He's going to love this," she said. "Right Ingy?" She looked down on her left, where the small tiger laid on his back. He looked up at the picture and purred, nodding. Faith giggled at the tiger and rubbed his belly. "He's going to come back because we're going to grow up and be a family like he said."
"You've got zat right," said a boy's voice on her right.
Faith dropped everything and got up, attacking the boy with a hug. "Russia!" she greeted. "I drew you something!" She let go of him, and picked up her sketchbook, shoving it in his face.
Russia chuckled and took the sketchpad, his face turning from happiness to amazement. "Vow!" he exclaimed. "Zis is amazing! You drew us?"
She nodded. "You bet! I want you to keep it so that everytime you look at it, you'll be reminded that I told you that I'll be waiting for you to come back for us. And when you come back, I'll be ten times prettier so you'll have no other choice but to fall in love with me all over again." she said childishly, almost sounding like she was ten."
Russia chuckle and patted your head. "I promise I'll come back for you both. Ve vill be togezer forever vunce I come back, cauze zen I'll take you home vith me. You and I vill get married and make a family... it'll be joost for us two, and no one, and I mean no one vill get in ze way of it." He took her hands in his and stared down at her.
"Promise me it'll happen..." she said.
He smiled and kissed her forehead. "I promise. Now, I have somezing for you too." He took her hands and made her cover her eyes. "No peeking!" As she giggled, he bent down behind the tree and picked up a large, bright sun flower. He held it out between them. "You can look now."
She uncovered her eyes and saw the large flower. She smiled and took it, staring at it as if it was some sort of treasure. "Thank you, Russia..." she looked up at him with a smile glued to her face. She threw her arms around Russia. "I'm going to miss you a lot..."
Russia returned the hug. "I miss you already..." he retreated a little from her, but only to look at her. Her eyes were tearing up, and one escaped and fell down her cheek. He wiped it away and cupped her cheeks. "Faith I... I... I--"
"RUSSIA!" called Belarus, who stood at the bottom of the hill by the plane. "Big brozer! Eetz time to go big brozer!!"
Russia looked at Faith with a look as if saying, "Don't let me go..."
"Russia..." she muttered. "I'm going to miss you..."
Russia nodded and kissed her forehead. "I miss you already..."
"RUSSIA LET'S GO!" Screamed Belarus.
Russia picked up the notebook, attempting to rip out the page.
"Take the whole thing. I want you to have my greatest work..." insisted Faith.
He nodded, and watched her as he backed down the hill. Soon enough he was in the plane taking off. On the inside, he was watching her through the window as she waved goodbye.
She was balling her eyes out, gripping the sunflower tightly in her hand. She opened her mouth to yell something, but nothing would come out... so she continued waving.

In The Morning... ♥

The sun shone in through the balcony and into her eyes. The dry, crusty feeling on her blue eyes told her that she was crying in her sleep again. She sighed and yawned, sat up and stretched. "Good morning, Ingy." She groaned, a little weary.
Inge roared out a yawn. "Did you have the same dream again?" he asked, licking her cheek as a greeting.
She nodded. "Like every other night."
Inge sighed. "Come. Let's go get some breakfast." he suggested, getting up and jumping off the bed.
Faith smiled and got off the bed, grabbing her sweater and covering herself in the warmth. She followed Inge down the stairs when she thought she heard something outside. "Hm?" she hummed.
Inge looked back up at her. "Are you okay? What is it?"
Faith shook her head. "Nothing. Head downstairs without me, I'll be there in a minute." She hurried back up the stairs antd sped walked to the balcony, throwing back the doors and running to the ledge. "Hello?" she called out. "is someone there?" She waited, and looked around out in the field but saw nothing. She sighed and shook her head. "Stop getting your hopes up, Faith... he's not coming back..." She closed the balcony doors back up and sighed, then made her way down the stairs to catch up with Inge. Reaching the kitchen, Inge is circling the door. "What are you doing?" she chuckled.
"Something's not right... something feels different." he replied.
She scratched the back of his ear. "We're in the middle of no where. Nothing could've possibly changed." she said. With those words, she kind of hurt herself. She really did want things to change, she wanted to have her life back. But she had no way of escaping her home, and had no motivation to leave anyways. "Now what do you want for breakfast?"
Inge followed her into the kitchen. "Surprise me."
About an hour afterwards, Inge was lying on the bed twitching his ear as Faith was fixing herself up in the bathroom. She curled her hair, and put it up in a ponytail. She was wearing her white lace dress and white string flats. Of course, she has no where to go, but she still likes to make herself look pretty for herself. She couldn't help but feel like running outside and enjoying the fresh air, and this was rather different for her. She hadn't felt that giddy since she was twelve... that was ten years ago.
As she walked into her room, she sat on her bed next to Inge. She scratched behind his ear and he started purring like a kitten.
"Inge, stay here for a few minutes, okay? Feel free to have a cat nap if you want." She said.
He looked up at her funny. "Are you okay?" he asked.
She nodded. "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"
He rested his head on his paws. "I don't have any argument with that." He mumbled, closing his eyes.
"Good boy." she said, getting up and running down the stairs. Just as she got to the bottom of the steps, there was knock at the door. Startled, she's nervous to open the door. She looked around a bit, and sighed. Her hands shaky, she reached for the door knob. She got a grasp of it, and turned it. She opened the door and the light was let it. She took it all in, but she saw no one. She walked out, and looked down...
Sunflowers. she stared down at them for moments, shock on her face she picked the bundle up and smelt them. "Sunflowers died out around here a while ago..." she said. She looked to her right. No one's there. She nervously looked over to her left, and almost had a heart attack.
"You veren't kidding ven you said you'd grow up to be ten times prettier..." Russia said. He leaned against the wall, smiling at her. He had to have grown two more feet taller than her, but then again, she could've been overreacting. His hair was still silver, and his eyes still that beautiful violet. "I promised I'd come back."
She backed up against the wall. Speechless. "Holy lord please tell me this isn't a dream..." she said to herself.
He smiled. "It's not a dream. I've come back to you and Inge." He stood up straight and walked towards her. Before he could do anything more, he found himself lying on the ground with Faith pounding her fists on his chest.
"Where the hell have you been?! I almost gave up on you so many times! I thought you'd never come back!" She screamed, her face dripping tears. She stopped herself for a moment, gripping onto Russia's shirt.
"Faith I'm... I'm so so--" Russia spoke before he was interrupted with a passionate kiss. He sat there for a second before he wrapped his arms around her and kissed back with an equal amount of feeling she was giving him.
She retreated for a second, for breath. She looked down on him, staring at his purple eyes. "I missed you more than you can imagine, Russia... I've been waiting for ten fucking years for you to come back..."
He wiped a tear away from her cheeks. "I'm still going to take you home viz me. Ve're going to have a family, like I promised. She'll be beautiful, just like her mozer."
She looked down on him, leaning down to kiss him when...
"Russia?!" Exclaimed Inge. "I knew something felt different!" the tiger pounced playfully onto both of them, cuddling them.
Russia chuckled. "A big happy family." he smiled. "Reunited."
Sign up to rate and review this story