Categories > Books > Harry Potter > American at Hogwarts

Christmas Eve

by hufflepuffgirl 0 reviews

The boys try to figure out what Alex got them

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-02-20 - Updated: 2012-02-20 - 353 words

0Unrated
A few nights later it was Christmas Eve and Alex had hurriedly sent out all the gifts she had bought, minus the ones for the Marauders. Since Lily, Alice, and Frank were all at Lily’s and Dumbledore and Minnie at Hogwarts, it made it easy to send out the gifts she had bought them. As the group was getting ready for bed, the boys were pestering Alex as to what she had got them.
“Is it a waffle?” Peter asked, and Alex shook her head.
“A bird?”
Again Alex shook her head.
“I’m not going to tell you, even if you guess correctly you know.”
James tried to pull puppy dog eyes on her but Alex pulled them right back at him, and hers were a little more convincing. She stuck out her bottom lip slightly, made her large blue eyes get larger and she looked up at James with watery eyes as she spoke.
“James, you don’t want to ruin the surprise, do you? You’ll ruin Christmas if you make me tell you!” She whimpered, and James caved instantly.
“I promise not to ask again.”
The other three chorused their promise and Alex smirked.
“Good, because it was getting really annoying.”
James cursed under his breath at falling for her trick and Alex laughed.
“You need to remember how well I can manipulate people.”
James nodded and bid everyone goodnight and Sirius and Peter followed suit. Alex and Remus were left sitting on the couch together.
“Are you excited about Christmas?” Remus asked, and Alex shrugged.
“I don’t know, I’ve never really had a good Christmas. I never know what to expect.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well my parents were constantly fighting and things were kind of rough.”
“That’s awful.”
“Yeah but I’m used to it so don’t worry.” Alex told him sadly.
Remus looked over at her and sighed before standing up.
“Well I’m exhausted, so I think I’ll head to bed. Good night!”
“Night!” Alex replied.
Alex got lost in her own thoughts and sleep soon drifted over her.
Sign up to rate and review this story