Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon A Time

The Journey

by Marmite74 3 reviews

Mikey and Gerard meet some new friends on their journey... and we hear some of Frank's thoughts. Also, there's some trouble on the bridge to the tower that the Prince is kept in.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-02-20 - Updated: 2012-02-21 - 2436 words

1Original
Yo xD I seriously wanted to write this earlier on but today was the last day of half term… meaning I had to do ALL my homework last minute. YAY for Geography coursework! Then there was the taking out my piercings (sniff sniff) because my school are stupid fucktards who don’t let us wear them. I HAVE A TIP FOR YOU PEOPLE. If you like putting badges on your blazer/cardigan whatevs… put on like LOADS of them… I’m talking 10-11… the teacher’s most likely will not wanna wait for you to take them all off again… so you’ll get away with it xD Works for me :D Anyway, on with the story!

Sun streamed through the trees of the great forest, the great oaks branches swaying softly in the delicate wind. A light, sandy path led through the middle, carrying two weary brothers on their journey to a distant tower to rescue the great Frank Iero and return him to their Queen.

“Y’know, Gerard. This isn’t all that bad really.” Mikey said, biting into an apple.

Gerard scowled at him. “Not that bad? Mikey… we’re gonna get eaten by a dragon!”

Mikey frowned slightly before sighing. “I’m just trying to make the best of a bad situation.” He mumbled, throwing the core of the apple onto the stony floor.

“There is no best of this situation. Even if we do miraculously defeat this dragon… I bet Prince Iero will be a right spoiled brat.” Mikey’s brother moaned, hitching the bag he was carrying higher onto his shoulder.

“You don’t know that… and what’s it to us anyway. He’s the one who has to marry Queen Nestor, not you. If he’s as spoiled as you seem to think he’ll be, they’ll be perfect for each other.” The younger boy pointed out.

“Yeah wel-“ Gerard suddenly came to a halt, and tilted his head. “Did you hear that?”

Mikey’s eyes widened. “Now is not the time to play a practical joke on your brother, Gerard!” He cried.

“I’m not! I seriously heard something…” Stepping forward, Gerard called into the air. “Is someone there?”

Mikey clutched onto his arm. “Gerard. I’m scared.”

“I demand you tell me who is there!” Gerard called in a diva-ish manner. He huffed and placed a hand on his hip. “This isn’t even the slightest bit funny! I have you know I am-“

Gerard shrieked as he was suddenly covered in freezing water, and a chorus of laughter could be heard as two men came out from behind some bushes, high-fiving and slapping each other on the back.

“What the fuck did you just do!? Do you have any idea who I am?” Gerard fumed, wiping the water from his eyes.

The man with sandy hair and sparkling blue eyes just smirked at him. “Come on then, who are ya’?” He asked cockily.

His nonchalant attitude did not help Gerard’s current diva state he was in. “I am on a quest to defeat a mighty dragon and rescue a young prince for the great Queen Nestor and-“

“Queen Nestor?” The other man spoke, his wild, curly hair shaking as he spat the Queen’s name.
“You know her?” Mikey squeaked from behind his sopping wet brother.

“Know her? She’s the reason we’re here. On the outskirts of nothing. Banished us from her shitty kingdom without a second thought.” The sandy haired man muttered angrily, kicking a few rocks on the dusty road.

“Banished you? Why?” Mikey asked curiously, coming out from behind Gerard and approaching the two men. Gerard stayed where he was, scowling and muttering about how unjust his life was.

The two men looked at each other. “Basically… we love to play practical jokes, right?” The one with the afro said, grinning at Gerard.

“Yeah. We noticed.” The older man spat.

“So… one day we were bored. Like seriously cut off your arm and eat it bored.” He continued. “So we snuck into the Royal gardens.” Mikey gasped.

“Me and Ray got shitloads of bleach and poured it into a shape around the grass.” Sandy-hair smirked.

Mikey assumed Ray was the guy with the afro. “You did what!? What kind of shape?”

The two men looked at each other again and grinned. “A penis.”

“You drew a penis on Queen Nestor’s royal gardens! You guys must have a death wish or something.” Mikey shook his head, smiling.

“Nah. We just like to have fun… but when she found out it was us, she told us we had one day to up and leave and never return.” Ray said, sounding a little upset. “But hey, no worries… what’s your names then?”

“I’m Mikey and this is my brother Gerard.” Mikey said, reaching out to shake their hands.

“I’m Ray, this is Bob. Sorry about the water, man. Couldn’t resist.” Gerard just scowled
again. “So… fancy getting yourself a young prince, ay?” Ray winked at the raven-haired man.

Gerard blushed. “He’s not for me… I mean… I’m not going… the Queen wishes to marry him.” He stuttered.

“Then why doesn’t she bloody well rescue him herself?” Bob muttered, rolling his eyes.

“I don’t know… but I’m kinda shitting bricks about it… considering I have to fight a bloody dragon to get to him!” Gerard cried, sitting down next to the three men on the side of the road with a sigh.

Ray and Bob looked at each other again, it was like they were twins. They nodded. “Hey… we could help?” Ray offered.

Gerard looked up surprised. “Why would you wanna do that?” He asked suspiciously.

“Bit of an adventure isn’t it? What else have we got to do. We’re bored of everything… and to be honest, each other. We want some new company.” Bob explained.

It was Gerard and Mikey’s turn to look at each other. Mikey smiled. “You any good at fighting dragons then?”

-

The four walked for two days, talking, laughing and getting to know each other. Gerard was still being moody but as Ray and Bob came to learn, it was just his personality.
The burning sun had set and night had come. The night sky was clear and free of clouds and stars, the weather hot and sticky causing diva Gerard to retire to bed early leaving the other three men by the fire.

“Come on then, Mikey. Gerard. What’s the deal?” Bob suddenly asked.

Mikey sat back and yawned. “What do you wanna know?”

“Well… he’s gay right?” Ray stated. Mikey’s eyes went wide and he sat up straight.

“Uhm… n…no… what m…makes you say that…?” He asked, cheeks burning red, trying to look casual.

Bob and Ray raised their eyebrows. “Look, we’re not gonna judge. He can fuck whoever he wants to fuck… we’re just curious. He’s very disconnected… like he can’t trust anyone. Whenever we ask you guys about your homes and family he goes quiet and moody.”

The young boy looked in the direction of where Gerard was sleeping, lying in their makeshift tent. He sighed. “You may as well know. Yes, Gerard is gay. He… he didn’t have the best school life… y’know… because of his sexuality. It made him wary of new people. He’s a great guy… he just doesn’t let people close to him. If he does… he thinks he’ll get hurt.” Mikey explained sadly.

Bob gave him a friendly pat on the back. “It makes me so mad when assholes in high school mess up the rest of your life. Shame really… I bet he’s a right catch.”

Mikey laughed. “Yeah… it kinda sucks for me… when we go out together both men and women both throw themselves at him and leave me stranded… that’s before he opens his mouth and he says something bitter. He deliberately does it so they aren’t attracted to him, so he doesn’t get attached to them.”

There was a silence as the three men thought about the man sleeping.

“To Gerard.” Ray said suddenly, raising his wooden cup of water.

“To Gerard.”

-

It took the rest of the week before the new friends finally spotted the gloomy castle in the distance, containing the mysterious Frank Iero. As scared as the boys were getting at facing the dragon they were all very interested to see what the young Prince would be like. Gerard was still convinced he’d be as bad and spoiled as the Queen, but the others weren’t so sure. Seeing the towers that loomed over the grassy fields in front of them made the journey come to a halt, as they all stood, staring in awe.

Across a giant ravine a crumbling, stone castle stood out proudly. Although the sun shone brightly over the rest of the land, a dark cloud loomed over the highest tower of the monument. The rope bridge that led across the ravine was uneven and broken, swaying in the wind that whipped through the travellers hair.

“Wow…” Mikey breathed, staring at the great building.

“You can say that again.” Ray whistled quietly. “Dayum… little Frankie's parents really splashed out.”

Gerard visibly gulped. Yeah, the others had agreed to help him… but this was still his mission. He had to face the dragon, and he had to rescue Frank. “We er… we better get uhm…” He didn’t seem to be able to get the words out, and Mikey put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“It’ll be alright bro. I promise.” He whispered quietly.

“Y…yeah. Let’s… let’s go?” Gerard swallowed and began walking forward, his gaze not moving from the highest tower.

-

Frank Iero sat by his window and sighed. He was fed up. Fed up of the castle. Fed up with his parents. Fed up with not being rescued… but above all, fed up with his life. Ever since his 16th birthday his parents had thrown him into a dark, lonely tower in the middle of nowhere, in hope he would be rescued by the love of his life. This however, was yet to happen. Three years he’d been confined and not a single soul had been to attempt his rescue. Frank leaned as far as he could from the barred arch and felt the breeze flow through his short hair. How he longed to be outside again and meet new people. He missed his old home and the feel of grass beneath his feet. The joy he felt on a warm day when he would lounge by the pool in his parents home and eat his weight in junk food. The young boy sighed again.

‘I guess I’ll just have to keep waiting.’

-

“So… anyone wanna go first?” Gerard shouted over the ripping wind, as he stood at the beginning of the rickety bridge. The three looked at him with raised eyebrows. “No? Right…” The young man took a deep breath and looked to the tower with a determined glance. “Frank Iero… you better be fucking pretty.” He said, more to himself as he stepped forward onto the rope and wood.

“Be careful Gerard!” Mikey called.

“No.” Gerard muttered under his breath as he kept taking small, steady steps across the bridge.
Once halfway across, the other three began to follow in Gerard’s path, gingerly taking tiny steps towards their goal, and not once looking down. The boys seemed to get the hang of walking, stopping when the bridge swung, and then starting again. Gerard was stepping off the death-trap when he heard a cry. Spinning round he watched in horror as Mikey held with one hand onto a plank of wood, the gap in the bridge clear.

“Mikey!” Gerard screamed into the wind.

“No body move!” Ray roared and Bob came to a standstill. “Everybody just stay… exactly where they are.” He said quieter. “Mikey… slowly give me your left hand.”

Mikey whimpered and Gerard had to resist the urge to push Bob out the way and run down the bridge to help him… but that would just mean more danger for Mikey, so he put all his trust into Ray.

“Come on, Mikes… just lift your hand into mine and I’ll lift you up.” Ray said gently, reaching his hand down to the swinging boy.

Mikey looked behind him and almost whimpered again. He lifted his hand to grab onto Ray’s.

“That’s it! Don’t look down, okay?” Ray told him taking the clammy hand in his. Pulling with all his might Ray realised that he had this young boy’s life in his hands. He could imagine the frantic, terrified expression on Gerard’s face and he became determined to raise the boy to safety. He focused all his attention of lifting Mikey, really slowly. Mikey was high enough to take his right hand off the bridge and grab onto Ray’s shoulder. Gerard let out a sigh of extreme relief and grabbed onto the closest thing to him, which was Bob and hugged him tight. Bob just patted him awkwardly on the back. Once Mikey and Ray had got off the bridge and were to safety, Gerard charged over to his brother and clung to him like a life support.

“Don’t you ever, ever do that to me again.” He said into Mikey’s shoulder.

Mikey laughed shakily. “I’ll try not to.”

Gerard stood holding his brother for a few minutes, just needing to check he was in fact, still alive before letting go and walking over to Ray. The two stared at each other for a few seconds before Gerard grasped him in a tight, bro hug.

“Thank you. Thank you so fucking much.” He whispered into his ear.
Ray smiled. “Anytime, man.”

Bob coughed. “Come on then. We’ve got a Prince to rescue!”

Eh. Not a lot happened in this chapter… well I feel that way… but I have to go bed now because it’s 1am and I have school tomorrow. You can most probably expect an update tomorrow. My mum randomly asked me: Are you writing one of your weird stories again? And I was like… Yeah why? And she goes… because you’re asking really odd questions xD Yeah.. sorry again that it’s not that interesting but tomorrow, the boys and Frank meet! xD
Sign up to rate and review this story