Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give 'Em Hell Kid

Chapter 9

by TheatreGeek 2 reviews

Hayley sees Mr Way's apartment and feels all strange.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-02-21 - Updated: 2012-02-21 - 806 words

1Insightful
“Are you cold?” He said, glancing sideways at me. One hand left the steering wheel and scrabbled about next to him. Eventually he produced a small blanket and passed it to me. “ Here, put this round you, it’ll help.” He smiled as I took it, and I smiled back, “ thanks sir.” I said, pulling the fluffy material over my shoulders.
We pulled up outside a tall apartment building, grubby but nowhere near as bad as some I’d seen. I tugged open the car door and got outside, leaving the blanket on the seat. “follow me, my apartment’s on the third floor.” He beckoned me over to the elevator and pressed the number 3 button. My stomach zoomed as the elevator rose. The door pinged and slid open, and Mr Way walked out, me following close behind. He slid this key into the lock and kicked the bottom of the door. After a bit of kicking, the door shot open. “Shit.” He cursed quietly, “ sorry Hayley, I shouldn’t have said that.” I shook my head, suppressing a giggle. “It’s fine. Don’t worry about it.” He grinned back and gestured to the apartment through the open door. “ Go on in, sorry about the mess…make yourself at home, I’ll just go and get something to clean your head up.” He closed the door and headed into the little kitchen. My eyes wandered around the little room. It was beautiful, a cracked brown leather sofa was on the right hand side, paper and notebooks littered the coffee table. The carpet was a light brown colour, and the walls were cream. Coffee mugs were in little clusters on the floor amongst the sheets of paper and pencils. Even more paper was blue-tacked to the walls, all containing quick sketches, the pencil strokes so beautifully gentle in some parts and strong in others. I walked slowly over to one of the sheets of paper and gingerly reached out to touch it. As my fingertips traced one of the lines, my teacher appeared behind me holding a small bowl and a cloth. “Hey, come here, I’ll clean up that cut on your head.” I turned and went over to him. He patted the space on the sofa next to him and I sat down, trying to stop my heart from bursting through my chest. “I feel so stupid. I can’t believe I fell flat on my face. “ I said, laughing. He laughed along with me, “ hey, no worries. I’ve done worse, trust me.” He dipped the cloth into the bowl of water and wrung it out. His pale fingers carefully reached out, moving my hair out of the way, making me flinch at his touch. Holding my hair back, he carefully dabbed at my cut with the cloth. It stung, but I could bear it.
“All cleaned up now. You look right as rain now.” He smiled, flashing his little white teeth at me, removing his hand from my head, letting my hair fall back into place. I blushed as our eyes met and looked away quickly. “ Thank you sir. That was really nice of you.”
“Don’t mention it. It’s the least I could do.” He screwed the cloth up in his hand and carried it back into the kitchen along with the dish. I really didn’t want to go home and do my homework. I didn’t want to leave this beautiful apartment and its untidiness, but I knew I had to. “Erm…sir?”
“yeah?” he called through.
“I’d better get going, sorry.” I hated saying those words, every cell in my body was screaming “No!” , but I forced myself to stand up.
“oh sure. I’ll get my keys.” He dashed out and grabbed the metal devices from where he’d dropped them on the coffee table before. He held open the door for me, locking it again and stepping inside the lift again.
We pulled up outside my house once more, dad’s car still not in the driveway. I turned to Mr Way and thanked him one again. “Hayley, whilst we’re not in school, you can call me by my proper name. It’s Gerard.” He blushed a little as he said his name, and looked really sweet, though I hated to admit it. “okay, sure. Bye…Gerard.” I giggled stupidly, and got out of the car, walking carefully this time to prevent another face-planting episode. As I stepped through my front gate, I broke into a weird little run. I shot a quick little wave at Mr Way and unlocked my front door, slipping inside quickly. I leant against the door, breathing shallowly. I didn’t know why I felt so…weird inside. I just did. I couldn’t help it at all.
Sign up to rate and review this story