Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Disputed Past

by Lady_Erinyes 2 reviews

AU Harry Potter is known as a criminal in Little Whinging, did you ever wonder what exactly he did to gain such an epithet?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-06-27 - Updated: 2006-06-27 - 1036 words

-1Boring
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, If I was foolish enough to claim something that wasn't my own than perhaps I should be sued, but since I'm not claiming Harry Potter or any Harry Potter affiliated thing you can't sue me even if you wanted to!

Summary: AU Harry Potter is known as a criminal in Little Whinging, did you ever wonder what exactly he did to gain such an epithet?

Disputed Past

Chapter one

All alone in a house at number 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey, a boy sat beside his small bedroom window as the rain streamed down outside accompanied by the occasional flash of lightning or rumble of thunder. This boy looked rather sad and melancholy, not that anyone in the town could care less about that.


The boys name was Harry James Potter, a rather mundane name if you considered his past, fabricated or truthful, although he was usually known to the town of Little Whinging as boy, freak, hey you, or any number of rather derogatory nicknames or epithets.


To the small town of Little Whinging Harry James Potter was a known criminal, who attended St Brutus' secure centre for incurably criminal boys. Shipped of every September, if not earlier only to return to his loving, helpful relatives house at the beginning of summer, where he proceeded to scrounge off his relatives care, complaining whenever they asked him to do a simple thing, getting unusual visitors at all hours and keeping an owl of all things, at least this is how it appeared to the neighbours.


Harry James Potter was in reality a wizard, punished and hunted for things he couldn't control, not that he accepted this as he seemed to think a lot of himself, apparently people being hurt was all his fault, now to accept some form of guilt is acceptable or expected even, but to say that everything that happened was his own fault? Who could possibly be quite that powerful, seems as if this wizard believed himself to be omnipotent, not that that is relevant in anyway to my story.


The neighbours, along with everyone else in Little Whinging used to watch the boy as he came home every summer seemingly depressed over one thing or another, most assumed it was the fact he was in his relatives care and couldn't get rid of them, but had to live with them all summer, this in fact did not improve his standing with the inhabitants of the town, rather his reputation, or what was left of it, got worse, add that to the fact it appeared as if the boy didn't even care what people thought about him and his station in the town dropped to the lowest level.


Children were constantly warned to stay away from the boy as he would only led them into danger, or possibly even attack them, the boy was even used as a threat during the year to ensure good behaviour, as if you were bad and didn't listen to your parent, guardians or caregivers, then when summer came no one would protect you from the plague that is Harry Potter. There was a motion once, in the town council, to ban him from the park and any other public place he might come across children, as he always seemed to watch them, this motion failed because it was against his rights, even if he was a criminal to ban him from any public place, not that the council didn't try. Along with the children, shopkeepers were always wary of the summer when the boy was around; you never knew what he was going to do.


It was odd because in appearance Harry James Potter seemed innocent enough, messy black hair that seemed as if it didn't know what a comb or brush was for it surely had never seen one, this of course aided his appalling reputation. He was rather short for his age, not too short but certainly not tall, giving him a younger appearance. His eyes were hidden behind thick, black framed glasses, often thought to be the stereotypical glasses of a nerd, not in Little Whinging though; no they were the glasses of a troublesome child. A lightning bolt shaped scar on his forehead, making him stand out from the other children, teenagers and adults of the town. His eyes, now they were the one thing in his appearance that betrayed how guilty he really was, emerald eyes gradually getting more and more jaded, as he faced continuous hardships in his life, or engaged in more criminal activity loosing the small amount of innocence he ever had, according to the townsfolk. The boy's eyes were dangerous, jaded and seemed to look within your very soul, or see through you at any rate, as if searching for something.


Now you may wonder how Harry James Potter got such a reputation as a trouble maker, his relatives did indeed spread word when he left after the summer of his eleventh birthday, that he was attending St Brutus', but why would a small town, with nosy neighbours believe such a thing? Surely if Harry Potter was to be sent of to a criminal school he must have engaged in criminal activity, and to have the town believe he engaged in such activity they had to have seen it, so the question is ...


What exactly did Harry James Potter do to the people of Little Whinging to make them believe it was tangible for him to be sent to a school for the incurably criminal? For surely to be deemed incurably criminal someone must have tried to cure him of his unlawful behaviour previously, no? So what unlawful behaviour did the child of the wizard, Harry James Potter's past commit?

A/N
That was just an odd idea that popped into my head the other say so I decided to write it down, if anyone wants me to keep writing something, you might have to tell me what to write, I may just leave it like this though, it depends I guess.
Anyways reviews and such would be nice, I'm not going to coerce you but I would like you for it.
Sign up to rate and review this story