Categories > TV > Criminal Minds > How Old Are You?

The Nothingness Inside of Me

by theonewingedangel 0 reviews

Dr. Sparrow wants to be accepted but could Morgan's anger prevent that?

Category: Criminal Minds - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2012-03-10 - Updated: 2012-03-11 - 891 words

0Unrated
Hotch hung up the phone, putting it away. As he did so, he turned to Seaver and Reid, "So we have full clearance to the Viper Room?"
Seaver answered, "Yes. Along with security tape clearance."
Morgan's SUV parked and the three got out. None of them were smiling and Hotch knew why. At least, he thought he did.
"Something new came up," Morgan said to the team. "Apparently, he's getting the girl's drugged then hanging them."
Reid's eyebrows knitted together, "Why weren't we told?"
Prentiss replied, "No one knew. Dr. Sparrow found it out."
Sparrow slightly blushed from the reconition. She obviously was unsecure about herself. Any halfway decent profiler could tell, Hotch noticed. For a moment, he wondered if she could handle the job, but deciding so, he spoke.
"That's useful to know." Hotch got out his phone once again and dialed Garcia. "Garcia?" He asked as she answered to phone.
Garcia, in her usual light hearted manner, answered, "It is I. What knowledge can I bestow upon you today?"
Rossi asked, getting interupted, "Have you--?"
"Gotten the list of people who have gone to the club recently? Yep."
Hotch tried to ask, "And the--?"
"Phone call lists? Yes and both are coming your way."
Seaver smiled and asked, "What would we do without you?"
"Not be so sucsessful, you would be," Garcia laughed.
Reid smiled and said, "Can you crossreference the lists for people who have bought seductive drugs lately?"
"Is there anything I cannot do? Don't answer that. I'll get cracking. Bye bye bye!" She said, hanging up.
Morgan looked at Hotch and asked, "So what do we do now?"
"Look around and wait."
Later on that day, Morgan called Garcia, staying away from the rest of the team. He usually didn't call her if it didn't go with the case, but this was an exception. He had to know before his brain exploded and his friends noticed. Prentiss and the man who worked at the morgue had already noticed. No doubt Sparrow knew. Probably the others also. Something about her mad him mad. He didn't know why and he was determined to find out.
"Hey, can you look something up for me?" Morgan asked into the phone.
"Can birds sing?" she asked lightly.
The dark man looked both ways before crossing the street and answering. "Look up Dr. Sparrow. I want to know what she's involved in."
He heard her, the keys of her computer clacking along with her typing. "Um... Not much is coming up... Was a professor at University of Arizona for half a year. Didn't go to elementary school. Ah, here's something juicy..."
"What is it?" He asked, thinking of the worst, but hoping for the best.
"Her age."
Sparrow glanced around her apartment. The room still had several boxes, none of them had been hers. It had all been things that Rossi had gave her, as a housewarming gift, he had said. The books weren't in the book shelf yet. She reminded herself that she needed to fix the house, so it was a home. For the first time in a while, Sparrow felt content. Then, the door was knocked. She walked over to it, not really knowing who to expect. She hadn't called anyone and, for all she could think of, Rossi was the only one who knew her address. She opened the door slowly, suprised to see Derek Morgan standing outside her house.
"Oh!" she exclaimed, "Hello, Agent Morgan."
Morgan, who wasn't looking at the young girl, looked instead inside as he spoke, "Can I come in?"
Sparrow, paralyzed by the suprise, suddenly nodded her head, "Um... yeah. Sorry about the mess. I just moved in."
The man seemed not impressed. "Uh-huh. Listen," he said, finally looking at her, "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for snapping at you."
"It's okay..."
The room fell into an awkward silence. Sparrow tried not to squirm under the heat of his faked apology. She knew it was fake. She hadn't gotten a PhD in Psychology just to have bragging rights.
"Can I ask you something?" Morgan asked.
So that was what he was here for. Her guard was raised as she bit back a rude comment.
"Okay...?"
"How old are you?"
Sparrow hadn't been expecting that question. Anything else, she was ready for, but not this. So she started to say the line Rossi told her to say.
"That's--"
He interupted her, "Don't say the same thing as you already did. Just tell me the truth."
"I can't," she whimpered.
"Why not?"
Suddenly, her confidence was restored and her voice grew louder with each word she spoke, "Because!"
Morgan's voice also rose, "Just tell me why!"
Before she knew it, she was yelling at him, "Because I don't want to end up on the streets again! I don't want to be told that I can't do anything because of my age! Without my age, I'm someone. With it, I have NOTHING! I am not going to give everything up just so you can have the satisfaction of knowing how old I am!"
"I--"
But, she was too angry to be reasoned with. "Leave."
"Wait--"
"Leave!"
Sparrow shoved him to the door and watched as he left. Instantly, the anger left her and she felt empty, not feeling the content she had before.
Sign up to rate and review this story