Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Broken Romances

Chapter twelve

by SleepyMonkey 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-10 - Updated: 2012-03-11 - 2668 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank's POV

Cherry's out of surgery, out of hospital and back home finally. It was only three weeks but they were the worst of my life.
She's still pretty fragile, the stitches in her tongue and lips haven't come out yet but at least she didn't drown in her own blood like they feared.
At least she's still intact.
I told them she'd make it though, the nurses told me otherwise, but she did. She's here, right now and I haven't let her out of my sight since except for shower/toilet breaks and stuff like getting dressed- but even then I'm close by, in the room while she's in the en-suite etc.
Some people may call this obsessive behavior but when you've never loved anyone before, especially like this, it gets to you and she doesn't mind, she feels safe.

Its about midnight, we sit cross-legged on the sofa, facing each other, my hands linked around her waist,
'Remember when we met-?' she asked
'Of course baby'
'You had dreadlocks'
'Yes, I did'
'Why'd you cut your hair baby?' Cherry asked me as we continued staring at eachother. We've done this so many times I can read her expression and know what she's going to say even before she says it,
'I dunno. Its better short' I tell her shrugging softly.
'I liked your dreads though', she said running her fingers through my short black hair, then down the back of my neck and knots them there to rest.
'Why? They smelt like weed and cigarettes!' I say
'That's what I liked about them' she giggles sweetly
I laughed with her and then kissed her softly,
'I love you' I tell her, she smiles between kisses and breathes back 'I love you Frankie'
'You know baby, I've still got weed'
She laughed and smiled,
'Yeah? I've got a bong' she winks, now I understand what Ley-Anne means when she says "the Cherry wink"
I smile back and we go upstairs.
We got high and everything was suddenly more colorful and bright! I've been high before but this, this was trippy.
We just kept giggling and running up and down the stairs, don't ask why.
I was so stoned at one point I lay on the couch and just sat there, half asleep but still so awake, smiling. Gerard told me I looked really creepy when he and Ley-Anne came in.

After the hype died down a bit and we were ready for bed (at five am) we climbed back upstairs to the room.

Since the accident we've even been sharing a bed, always cuddled up like in the hospital when I refused to go home to sleep, when I refused to leave her.
'You saved my life'
she tells me this every night without fail,
'No, I didn't'
'You did'
'I let you down'
'Hows that?'
'I promised I wouldn't leave and I did'
'But I asked you to' she says coming out of the bathroom buttoning up her pj shirt,
'But Gerard should've gone'
'It would've been worse if it was him, you're easier to talk to'
'How did you know... What she was going to do?'
'Twin connections'
'Really?'
'No. I know Ley-Anne, I knew she was hurting and she wanted to do something to stop that feeling. I know that every time she sees mine or Gerards scars she'll tingle, I can feel it too. When she cut, my wrist went cold and I couldn't move it, and thats the last I remember other than choking on blood'
It's always the same conversation, over and over, every night.
And every night she gives me a little more detail.
'I still didn't save your life'
She shakes her head and crawls in bed next to me and snuggles up to my chest as I wrap my arm around her.
'You know, since the accident I think my insomnia has been cured' she tells me quietly
'Really?'
'Yeah I can sleep easy'
'Maybe because youre with me'
'Thats a possibility. I like hearing another heart beat, the warmth of another body, I don't like being alone'
'I know baby' I say kissing her head
'Im never leaving'
'Promise?' she asks looking up to meet my gaze
'I promise'

Bandits POV

Frank saved me, and for that I owe my life to him.
The one person who actually legit listens and pays attention when I speak for long enough to know I'm allergic to most medicines, my own sister didn't think of it but I'm sure there were worse things going through her mind.
After they ran more tests on my barely conscious body and I stopped having seizures, I woke up and things from there become clearer.
They decided I was well enough to go home and I was surprised to see my prom dress wasn't in the bag,
'Am I meant to wear this home? I don't have my clothes' I said pointing to the hospital gown,
'Baby, Ley-Anne took your dress to the dry-cleaners because it was drenched in blood. She and Gerard bought us both clothes' Frank told me sweetly
'Why didn't you change?'
'I didn't want to leave you'
I smiled weakly, he was just about the only person who could make me smile anymore.
He was still holding my hand, he never let go...
He held me steady as my body swayed, dizzy spells were side effects but I think I was just hungry,
'Im alright baby' I told him
'Sure?'
'Yeah' I lied,
I went to the bathroom to change and when I came out Frank did the same, while he was in there I decided to tie up my hair and I felt around in the bag Ley-Anne brought for my glasses but they weren't there, my phone, cigarettes and lighter were though.
I slid my phone into my back pocket and I held my cigarettes and lighter, I sat on the bed shakily and waited for Frank.
He came out looking refreshed, the only thing was he needed to shave but I like it when he has a little stubble, it's cute.
He wrapped his arm around my waist and as soon as we got outside we both lit our cigarettes,
'Oh god'
'What? What's wrong?' he asked wearily
'No, this is so good'
He laughed and I smiled again.
For two weeks Frank made sure the only time I left his sight was to go to the bathroom, take a shower or change- I was okay with that. I hated being alone but I wasn't big on the idea of him only acting this way because he wanted to make sure i was okay. Like, I was fine but I didn't want him to fuss over me, you know?

After two or three weeks of everyone watching my every move wearily me and Frank were alone.
We sat cross-legged on the couch, faces just inches apart from each other.
'Why'd you cut your hair?' when I met Frank he had dark brown, thick dreadlocks that smelt faintly like weed and cigarette smoke, I loved it.
'I dunno, it's better this way' he tells me as I run my fingers through his short black hair and my hands cup together as they rest at the back of his neck
'I liked your dreads though...'
'Why?! They smelt like weed and cigarettes'
'That's what I liked about them' I giggled
He kisses me softly and we ended up getting stoned together, I have no clue what we were thinking but we spent the whole night running up and down the staircase laughing like total idiots. It was fucking hilarious.
Every time I try and thank him for saving my life, he won't take it. He deny's it and we end up having a row, but it's never serious, we wouldn't break up over it or anything like that.
Since I got back from hospital I've gotten flowers and get well soon cards from Eric, Aaron, Dean, Ray, Raven, Stephanie, Amy, the other cheerleaders and people from school, even Jason!
Mom and Dad have no clue, haven't seen them since we moved here. Maybe they died.
They act like it most of the time anyway.
Other than getting get well cards I've been sleeping in the same bed as Frank, I'm sure it's just another way for him to keep an eye on me but it's also a way for me to never be on my own.
Since Frank and I had gotten so close, my insomnia had gotten lighter and I was eventually cured.
Frank saved me and for that, I owe my life to him.

Gerard's POV

My best friend, now my brother. Why is everything going wrong?
He told me to call aunt Marie, so I did, she came over right away. She's staying at our place while the rest of us have pretty munch moved into the Barbie Mansion.
He wants us to bury him in black.
'Black suit, red tie' he tells me for the fifth time
'I know baby brother'
'Hows aunt Marie?'
'She's not taking this easily, first it was grandma Elena now you, she's shaken'
'I don't want to be a bother' he says weakly, the tears filling both our eyes now
'Mikey, I love you. Don't forget it yeah?'
'I love you too Gee'
It was a brotherly moment. I hadn't seen him cry since Sadie, it's not something I want to look back on though.
Mikey's had no arm or leg hair and his hair fell out in small clumps every time someone ran their fingers through his (head) hair, he was a little sad about this and he was always trying to be in a cheerful mood so we bought him a wig. He loved the joke, it kept him smiling for a while.

There were no more fights with me and Ley-Anne, no one was fighting. Frank and Bandit still were clueless to Mikey's situation, they hadn't been to visit him yet.
One night Ley-Anne and I spent a late night at the hospital so we went to dinner after, we got back to the Barbie Mansion late and found Frank stoned on the couch, Bandit was perched on the top of the staircase giggling, she was stoned too.
We laughed but first sight of Frank was fucking scary!
I gave Ley-Anne her birthday present early as we debated over wether she and bandit should have an 18th party, she loved the dress and heels I got her. I saw her eyeing the heels the other day and I think I convinced her about the party.

Ley-Anne's POV

Mikey looked horrible when we saw him, he looked worn out and he had dark circles under his eyes like he hadn't slept in three days.
I knew to take Jess out straight away because I saw the look he gave Gerard.
After we visited him, we went back to the Barbie Mansion and Gerard and I sat on the sofa together.
He bit his lip hard and a small spot of blood bubbled, I looked down at my wrist, the cut thats soon to be a scar already fading, I look at his and there's a line of fresh cuts.
He doesn't wipe the blood, he just bites harder,
'Whats wrong?' I ask him
His eyes were sparkling, tears thretened to spill, i could feel his sadness like it was radiating throughout the room,
'Whats wrong?' I repeated
'Mikey told me that he's dying...'
My jaw dropped, 'How does he know?'
He told me how when me and Jess left, he whispered his name, he told him to call their aunt Marie, to help her gather all his things and to bury him in all his favourite colours. He wants to be buried in a black suit, red tie. And then he said, 'It is happening Gerard, I'm dying'
This brought me to tears, I wrapped my arms around Gerard tightly and sobbed into his shoulder.
'Calm down' he tells me,
'Its your brother!' I yell
'I know baby, it's o-'
'Dont you dare say it's okay! My sister and your brother aren't well! Nothing is okay! Okay?'
He nods weakly and looks up through his thick eyelashes sadly,
'Im sorry' I tell him
He kisses me softly and then he wraps his arms around me as I curl up against his chest, safe in his arms.
'I love you' he whispers into my hair, I lift my head and see his tear stained face staring down at me,
'I love you too' I say as he kisses me again.
'Its your birthday soon' he whispers
'Mm'
'What should I get you and your sister?'
'Nothing' I whisper
'Why'
'We don't celebrate'
'Either do me and Mikes but your sister forced a party upon him, so we get to make a big deal about it'
'Gerard-' I started wearily
'Ley-Anne! It's your 18th!'
'So what?'
'No, we're doing this'
'We're not'
'Baby, I already bought you something for the night'
I sigh as he grabs my hand and pulls me upstairs behind him, laughing.

He swings the door of his room open and pulls out a long white box and a smaller black one from under the bed, red bow to top it off, he smiles and gestures for me to open it,
'Go ahead' he smiles again,
I sigh and lift the lid of the smaller box,
'Oh my god Gerard!' I break out in a huge grin as my eyes excite over the heels I've wanted for so long, I open the next box and slide out a long black satin dress with a diamond swirl around the neck,
'Wow.. I-'
'It's no problem'
'Gee-!'
'Wear it to the party' he smiles
'I fucking hate you' I say slapping his arm playfully.

Mikey + Jessicas POV's

Mikey::
I'm allowed to be out of hospital for a while, it gives me time to celebrate the twins 18th birthdays. Frank and Gerard are working hard to plan it all and they won't let me help, not because I dislike birthday celebrations but because I'm not well enough- I know that's why even though they won't admit it. They tell me it's because they've "got it under control". It doesn't look like it though.
I sit on the soft sofa wrapped in a blanket but still only wearing shorts because I keep getting shivers then random bursts of hot flushes.
I'm staring out the window as Frank and Gerard sit outside planning party things, Gee runs his fingers through his hair for the fifth time during this same conversation. Doesn't look under control to me.

Jess::
Rays going to Dj and were going to have fairy lights all around the Barbie Mansion.

Mikey::
There will be fairy lights lighting the driveway and steps up to the mansion, then through the dark house to the back where the party will be. (Rays idea)

Jess::
The twins aren't allowed to know any of this because Ley-Anne doesnt approve of partys and Bandit doesnt approve of celebrations in general.
All they get to do is choose what they think is the guest list, but we've added a couple extras.

Mikey::
I bought Bandit a pair of new green doc martens to replace her black worn out ones with a big red ribbon on it because i cant wrap presents (also Rays idea) for Ley-Anne I bought a Pink Floyd record and a cook book since she's worse than Frank at cooking, and Franks terrible.

Jess::
Last thing left is to actually have the party! The twins won't admit it but I know they're looking forward to it because lately so many negative things have been going on around here and we all need something to cheer us up.
Sign up to rate and review this story