Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The biggest mission yet.

Chapter 3

by bidoofus 0 reviews

Louis breaks the rules. Kiba is in danger.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-12 - Updated: 2012-03-12 - 1785 words

0Unrated
So this is basically where it all kicks off. Aiming to post the next chapter within a week. Hope you like this ^-^

Louis POV: Sunday.

"hey, something just came through the letterbox!" my roommate Niall exclaimed, picking it up excitedly. He was so full of energy for 7 in the morning. Harry and I, however, were still in our bunks, sleepy eyed and grouchy. 
"it's our timetable, we have all our classes together!" Niall waved the paper in both of our faces.
"delightful" Harry murmured, swinging his legs off the top bunks so they landed in my face. He jumped off afterwards, one hand in his ridiculously curly hair. Cute. 
"get up, Lou" he flicked my nose before moving to the other side of the room, grabbing a drink from the sink and flopping on the sofa. We'd all become close, even in the space of a day. We stayed up most of the night talking, quickly finding that Niall could be used as a source of renewable energy. Harry was gorgeous, and a heavy sleeper. 
"We also have an assembly, in half in hour exactly" Harry announced, holding the timetable. "with the Hokage himself" he added.
"you guys better get dressed then!" Niall laughed a little. Of course he was already dressed.
"Niall, have you actually had any sleep?" I asked jokingly, sliding out of bed and stealing Harry's drink. 
"a few hours sleep, and lots of coffee" he grinned. This boy shouldn't be allowed coffee! Harry looked a bit confused as he wiped the sleep from his eyes. 
"yeah, we should get dressed" he sighed and made his way to the bathroom, grabbing some clothes from his drawer; he was only wearing boxer shorts and a shirt at the moment. Cool ass. The door closed as Niall sat next to me, smiling away. There was a few minutes silence between Niall and I as I sipped on Harry's drink. 
"so you like Harry, eh?" he asked with a chuckle, breaking the silence at last.
"hm?" I looked at him, drinking the last of Harry's drink. Niall laughed and ruffled my hair.
"yeah, it's obvious you like him" Niall answered. I smiled at him and shrugged my shoulders, grabbing my clothes as Harry came out of the bathroom.
"what can I say, Niall?" I grinned as I saw Harry's confused face, he looked at Niall: then me, then his empty cup. 

Niall, Harry and I filed into the dinner hall where there would be an assembly before breakfast. I'm not sure how long I could wait before I had to eat the table we were sitting at. There were 3 tables, 9 on each. The people in my year looked quite awesome, Niall was making eyes at a boy down at the other end of the table; this boy doesn't stop. 
"hello students" a female voice spoke from the table perpendicular to the student tables, where apparently all the staff sat. "I'm the Hokage, Lady Tsunade" she announced.
"the Hokage is a woman? Whoops" Harry whispered softly in my ear from behind me. It made me shudder a bit - in the good way. 
"I wont keep you long, as I have work and I'm sure you're all hungry" she started, flicking her hair off her shoulder. "I'm sure you're all aware of what happened yesterday with Kabuto, who is a known enemy to the leaf village. An ally of Orochimaru, for those who don't know. I would like to state that although yesterday clearly gave an example of what the risks are here at this academy, the staff here are highly qualified and very capable of keeping you safe and unharmed" there was a murmur of chatter amongst the student tables before she started talking again.
"if anyone now has any objection to staying in this establishment, you are free to leave at this point, no questions asked" she waited for any sign of movement, before nodding her head in approval. And then she left the room without another word. 
"well, that was brief enough for me" Niall spoke as he swiped a piece of toast from the passing platter, only for it to be placed on our table mere centimetres away. People on the table began to talk as I sat back a bit and grabbed some toast, feeling it was time to relax. 
"I wonder if anyone is chicken enough to walk out now?" a brown haired boy opposite me questioned. I smiled at him.
"not me! I'm Louis" I answered him and held out a hand for him to shake.
"I'm Dan" he replied. Then everyone introduced themelves.
"sorry to interrupt the bonding, but I need a squad to accompany me on a top secret mission. Any takers?" a short haired woman had approached the end on our table, leaning against it. Niall had already put his hand up and was pointing to us, his squad. Niall is just too enthusiastic. She smiled almost sinister and pointed to us.
"you three will do fine. Follow me" she walked past us, we got up a followed. Damn. I was still hungry. 
"so, what are we doing?" Niall asked the woman excitedly. 
"were going to the basement, it's where we keep all the files on everyone, everything. I'm Anko, by the way" she told us. We turned a corner and started to descend a narrow staircase, single file. We got to the bottom and ended up in a small hallway by a metal door. Anko pulled out a small key from her pocket and unlocked the heavy door. Swinging it aside, she soon directed us to a small corner. She turned to us and smiled.
"you're looking for a very specific file, something maybe under the title of forbidden body swap jutsu, something like that" she told us.
"sounds pretty awesome" I grinned in the dim light to Harry, who looked a little spooked.
"yes well, don't you dare open any of the scrolls you find. Top secret information, remember?" she pointed her finger at us then left to examine a different area. Niall immediately started searching through the old scrolls, squinting to see their titles in the dim light.
"you okay, Harry?" I asked Harry quietly, starting to look through scrolls. 
"um, yeah, places like these just creep me out a little bit, no big deal" Harry shrugged, anxiously picking through the scrolls. I grinned at him and put my arm around his shoulder, which he didnt seem to mind. Niall looked over and laughed at us. I picked up a scroll to look at the title. Hm. It looked pretty interesting, and small enough to slip in my pocket; which is what I did. No one noticed. I could hear murmuring in the background, probably Anko talking to herself as she looked through the scrolls. I picked up another scroll, it didn't look too interesting. Before I had a chance to put it back Harry squeaked and hid himself in my chest, making me drop the scroll.
"what is it?" I asked, laughing a little at the fact that Harry had jumped so soon into my arms. Niall came over to see what had happened, and eventually, so did Anko. I looked around where Harry was searching - there a spider stood. I flicked it away from Harry, starting to laugh even more. 
"it's gone now, Harry" I chuckled, letting him timidly go back to searching his area of scrolls. 
"don't laugh, spiders are scary" he scowled at me as I covered my mouth, still laughing. "but thanks" he muttered. 
"you're pathetic" Anko muttered as she left to search her area some more. I think she was being sarcastic. I smiled then bent down to pick up the discarded scroll. As I did, a piece of paper fell out of it. 
"forbidden body transferal jutsu - allows the user to move into a new body ensuring eternal living" I read out loud.
"I'll have that!" Anko reappeared out of nowhere, pinching the paper out of my hands. "it's not much, but it's something helpful" she spoke quietly. Then she stopped moving and making any noise whatsoever. I heard a slight rustling.
"who's there?" she spoke clearly, whipping out a kunai so fast I'm not sure where it came from.
"Anko, calm down. It's just me" a man emerged from around the corner, holding his hands up. 
"oh, Shikamaru, what do you want?" she asked him, slipping the piece of paper I gave her into her pocket.
"I got some news from Kiba, yeah he's okay" he smiled like he was relieved then carried on. "but there has been some complications in the mission. Some guy called Gideon is causing trouble, capturing people from the sand village, you know, bad guy stuff" he finished, looking around. "what are you doing down here?" he asked.
"just finishing up a mission. That's good news you've got there, but we'll have to send you and your squad out to help him if he's having that much trouble" she sighed, beginning to walk towards the exit of the basement. 
"you don't give him any credit" Shikamaru muttered. 
"yes well I'm sure you want to see him" she looked at him and he shrugged then left the basement. 
"this is such a drag" I heard him say as he climbed the stairs.
"can we leave now too?" Harry asked hopefully.
"yes, you can all go, thank you for your help" Anko moved out of the way so we could leave. We climbed the stairs in silence until we were out of the crazy womans earshot.
"well that was interesting" Niall commented.
"at least we got out of there pretty quick" Harry sighed as we made our way into the courtyard and to the dorm building.
"yeah, because Harry was all scared" I giggled at him, putting my arm around his waist. He scowled at me but then poked his tongue out at me. Niall smiled at the both of us. The hallways were dead, silent. It wasnt quite time for us to make our way to the next lesson on our timetable, as the mission had taken up most of the time in first lesson. Niall almost skipped ahead and opened the door for Harry and I, my arm still around him. Once we had got in and closed the door I got out the scroll I stole from the basement.
"hey, guys!" I got their attention as they both sat next to me. "look what I took" I showed them the scroll, trying to find its title again.
"body transportation jutsu, nice" Niall grinned at the scroll. What a neat little trick to learn outside of lessons.
Sign up to rate and review this story