Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > In A Hail Of Bullets

Remember Me- Chapter 2.

by SummerShock 3 reviews

They made me this. They took away my memories, my life, my love, and made me helpless. They made me blind.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-03-05 - Updated: 2012-04-09 - 2389 words

0Unrated
A/n If this is completely terrible, just say so, but this is only the beginning. I have a lot more explaining to do before I'm ready to write this off as a failure and I'm currently dabbling with a comic book to go with it. Feedback would be so appreciated.

We were falling, the red haired man and I.

It didn't last long until I felt the pressure of the ground underneath us and felt his arms tighten protectively around me.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the car as Olivia and the small black haired man ran towards us holding strange weapons, both with bandanna’s over their faces, Olivia now wearing a purple leather jacket and matching combat boots.

“Fucking dracs” the black haired man mumbled, lifting his weapon and aiming carelessly towards the things coming towards us, Not caring as they fell to the ground.

The red haired man pulled me into the car, Olivia and the other man following before peeling away from the big white building.

The car tore through the gates and far away from the place I was taken from.
The other three cheered and exchanged high fives and “Fuck yeahs” as we left the building far behind.

Olivia and the other man, Frank as she kept calling him, were cuddling in the back.

The red haired man kept stealing glances at me when he thought I wasn't looking though I could feel his hazel eyes on me all the time.

We were out of the city now, driving through bare un inhabited desert.

“We'll be home soon Imogen” He said taking my hand. “Its so good to have you back. Now we can commence with the wedding plans”

I looked up suddenly. “Wedding plans?” I stuttered. “Who is getting married?”

His eyes widened with shock and shot over to Olivia. “Well Gerard... There’s something I have to tell you....”

He looked back to me slowly, His eyes burning into mine. “You don’t know who I am, do you?” I shook my head gently and his hand fell from mine.

The car screeched to a halt and he got out, Sprinting away into an abandoned looking building.

I sat in my seat in shock and barely registered to Frank and Olivia pulling me from the car into the building which from the inside I realised was an old diner.

A small girl came sprinting out and dove at me, wrapping her arms around my middle and I held her back. She looked up after a while and a wave of surprise rolled over her face.

“What happened to your hair?” She gasped, reaching a small hand up to my face “And you aren’t wearing any make-up?”

“I don’t know what you're talking about sweetheart” I said quietly “I don’t remember anything”
I felt a warm drop hit my arm and realised the girl was crying.

“I'll show you. I'm Grace” She pulled a smile across her face and took my hand, pulling me gently to a bunch of photographs.

“This is our family” she lifted a photo into my hand.

It was Frank, and Olivia holding hands, a curly haired man, a tall man with brown hair hugging a black haired girl, Grace, and Gerard and a pretty girl with long pink hair locked in a kiss. She pointed at the photo “This is Ray” directed to the curly haired man “and Mikey and Layna” showing me the other two.

“The Dr took the photo, and Show Pony and the others were out on a raid” I nodded, taking in the names.

“You look uncomfortable in those clothes. Too plain” She grinned.

“I'll take you to your room” she pulled me again, this time to a door with stars painted on it and words scrawled elegantly in the pattern on a heart.

“Was that girl kissing Gerard me?” I asked. Grace nodded. “Are we in love?” She nodded again. “Very much so” She whispered. “Does he hate me?”

“I never could. Not ever.” I spun around to see Gerard in the doorway behind us.

He opened his arms and I dove into them, pressing my head into his chest. It felt right.

He pushed me back a little and looked into my eyes. “You smell funny. Like soap and their dye. I don’t like it.” He wrinkled up his nose and twirled me.

Grace passed me a pair of sky blue skinnys and a tight pink top with the word “Fire” in faded gold writing.

She shooed Gerard out of the room and closed the door behind them.

I changed, discarding the plain clothing for my bright ones.

I stepped up to the mirror, admiring all the different make-up and dyes and brushes adorning the dressing table.

I stared into the mirror, seeing pictures of Olivia and I cooking, Mikey and I arm wrestling, Layna and I having a paint fight, Grace and I doing a puzzle and last but not least Gerard on his knee proposing to me, the look of pure joy spread across our faces.

I looked down and saw a ring matching that of the one in the photograph on the dressing table. It was a perfect plain silver band with a heart shaped diamond in the centre and along the inside “You can runaway with me any time you want” was in-scripted.

I slid it on my finger and began to cry. I don’t remember anything further than this morning. I looked again at my reflection, the bright blue eyes, the soft pink lips and the long perfect black hair down to my waist. They made me this. They took away my memories, my life, my love, and made me helpless. They made me blind.

I saw a gleam from the table and found scissors and started hacking into the mass of black hair.

It was still too perfect I decided, brushing off the loose strands, swiping a handful of hair across my face into a fringe like Gerards, and cutting it into place, securing it with a few bobby pins and a headband.

My hair was now ragged at the ends and reached just over my breasts.

I picked up a black eye-liner pencil from the table and let my hand do the work, It feeling like a natural thing. Next went over a coat of pink eye-shadow and some mascara followed by what smelt like a strawberry chap-stick.

I went back to the cupboard where I saw a pile of shoes and selected a pair of converse, with painted on feathers.

Feeling a little more like what ever I was, I opened the door and stepped into the main diner.

“That’s my girl” I heard Gerard say. The others were at a table hunched over a map. “What are we doing?” I peered over at the map.

“We're planning a raid for more food. Olivia swiped some when we rescued you, but that wont last us long”

“Sweet. What do I get to do, and when do we leave?” I asked excitedly.

“You aren’t going anywhere. We're going to stay here and the others are going. We're going to have a date instead” He smiled shyly taking my hand.

The others made “awwing noises” and wolf whistled until Gerard shot them a cruel glare.

I blushed and we swept away from the table hand in hand.

“So, What’s the grand plan for the date?” I giggled.

“We're going to have a picnic, and you can ask as many questions as you like, and hopefully you remember something” He led me outside to a rug on the ground with a basket next to it. He helped me sit down and pulled me in close.

“Question one” I said as he reached for the basket “What are my eating habits?”

“You're a vegetarian. Have been since you were 5 and stumbled across a channel where they spoke about animal rights and how brutally they died. Your Godmother had a horrible time trying to stop you from converting the other kids” He grinned and pulled out a container of fruit.

“Question two. When did we meet?”

“Preschool. You showed up the first day with an Australian accent in a long red dress.
You were the cutest thing I have ever seen and I was already 4 years older.
You're the same age as Mikey, my brother and we were dropping him over when the main school was connected to the pre-school.
We were best friends from the moment we put all the peas in Mikeys shoes during nap time.
And before you ask, Yes, you are Australian. Your Mom moved you over here to live with your Godmother, Ruby.”

“Where is my Mum now?”

“Your mom was a vet and went on an expedition into the bush and married a wild man called Heath. They moved into the wilderness and have no phone contact. You spoke to them last when you were 17.” He picked up a piece of fruit and popped it into my mouth

I grinned. “when did we fall in love?”

“Well I fell in love with you in freshman year. You were home economic partners with Mikey and he set his cupcakes on fire. I ran into the classroom just in time to see you putting out the fire with an extinguisher. It was the hottest thing I'd ever seen. I was a senior. We had our first date when you had just started your sophomore year, and we've been together ever since” a smile crossed his face. I squeezed his hand gently.

“How old am I?” “You were born on the 26th of may, 1995 and its currently April the 7th 2021 so you are 24 and I am going to be 29. I'm getting old” I giggled.

“The best things are aged” He smiled broadly and put more fruit in my mouth.

“why do we live in the desert?”

Gerard sighed at this question.

“You were a receptionist studying to be an Archaeologist but doing music on the side.
I was an artist and we were planning our wedding.
It was the year 2019. I was 27 and you had just turned 23.
The fires had taken California and a company arose that promised to make it all better, just take one pill and it would all be perfect.
You, being having turned vegan refused to take it, and wouldn't let me either.
We didn't know what was in them, and rebellion resulted in us being separated from the rest of our family and dumped out here to die.
Dr Death Defying and Show Pony, also known as Marvin and Francis, found us clutched in each others arms, about to die and he revived us.
2 weeks later, we found Frank in the same area, beaten up and took him in too.
Olivia was next, then out of no where came this roaring trans am, my dream car.
We'd been struggling for food and supplies and this fucking car shows up out of no where and who should step out but my little brother Michael with his girlfriend Layna.
Ray was one we picked up wandering deliriously through the desert, and Grace we found on a raid. She was crying for her mother, and you refused to leave her.
Almost lost you too, but you wouldnt leave that child alone.
Always the compassionate one you were” I smiled at this fact.

“it feels strange being told about my own life, like I should know this stuff, but its just locked into a little box I cant reach” I frowned and he pulled me into his arms.

The sun had gone down during the questions and I let out a small shiver. Although we were in the desert, it had gotten cold fast.

“We can't stay out here long. Its not safe” He pulled me to my feet, bundled up the picnic supplies and we linked arms to walk back to the diner.

Frank sprinted to the door and pulled me inside, Panic playing on his face.

“Whats wrong?” he shook his head and pulled me to the table where Ray sat with a cloth pressed to his bleeding arm.

“Fix it” He commanded and I looked around to see all eyes were on me.

“What do you mean fix it?” I exclaimed.

“You cant expect her to do that Frank. She doesn't even remember her own shoe size, let alone how to patch me up” Ray scolded.

“No, I have an instant reaction on putting on makeup, Maybe its the same for medical stuff.” I nodded, trying to reassure myself.

“what happened to it Ray?” I pulled away the cloth and the bleeding sped up.

I reached for a cotton pad and some antiseptic. “A drac pulled a knife on me, sliced me up a bit” he grimaced as I applied the antiseptic to the wound.

“Pressure bandage” I demanded and no later did one get put into my hand.

I wrapped it methodically up and down his arm with even pressure and then sealed it with coloured tape.

I checked his pulse, breathing and all seemed well though he was in a bit of shock from the blood loss.

“I did scouts when I was a kid” I mumbled. I caught Rays eyes, wide with surprise. “I DID SCOUTS AS A KID!” I squealed and I was lifted into Gerards arms and spun in circles.

“I also did girl guides, Cadets and a medical course” I grinned.

“thats enough excitement for today I think” Gerard said.

“Goodnight all” I hugged each member of the family in turn and walked back towards the room I had been in earlier, with promises from Gerard that he would be in later.

I found a Green day band shirt and crawled into the beautiful 4 poster bed.

It must have been my doing because I recall etching the words into each post. I took woodwork in highschool I remembered.

Content with the new information I curled up and fell asleep on the right side of the bed. Everything is going to get better. Everything will be okay.

Big Chapter. Biiiiiiiig chapter. So guys, Lemme know what it was like. I'm no mind reader. R+R and I'll send you unicorns and cookies. Xoxo~ Summershock
Sign up to rate and review this story