Categories > Books > Outsiders > One Summer Dream

Chapter 20

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: Outsiders - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-12 - Updated: 2012-03-12 - 400 words

0Unrated
The following morning, Darry was already to head out while Sodapop was getting milk out of the refrigerator. Two-Bit was on the couch since he had slept over that night, and was currently watching television.

“I’m going to work.” Darry finally said to his brother. “You and Ponyboy are grounded for a week.”

“What about me job?"

"Other than that. Straight there and straight back."

"Fine."

“I’m going to be late getting home tonight, so go ahead and eat dinner without me.”

“Why are you getting home so late all of a sudden?”

“Because I’ve been talking with my boss. I think I’m getting a promotion.”

Soda grinned.

“That’s great, you wouldn’t have to work two jobs.”

“That’s the plan. Now stay out of trouble.”

After Darry left, Two-Bit got up and looked over at Soda.

“Don’t worry, Soda. We’ll get those socs back.”

Soda had told him what happened last night. Without another word, Two-Bit headed to Ponyboy’s room and jumped on his bed to wake him up.

“Oof!” Pony yelled in surprise before realizing it was Two-Bit. “Damn it, Two-Bit! Why do you keep waking me up!?”

“Because you never wake yourself up!”

"Maybe because it's summer, jackass!"

"Ooo, that's not really nice, Pony."

Pony then felt something stroke his foot. He then jumped and tried to get away but Two-Bit grabbed his ankle and began tickling his foot.

"Stop, Two-Bit!"

"No, I don't think I will." Two-Bit responded as he continued. Suddenly the phone rang and Soda went over and answered it.

"Hello?"

As Soda talked on the phone, Ponyboy was still trying to escape Two-Bit as he now had both of his feet in his hands, tickling him. He laughed and cursed while squirming to get away.

"Hey you guys!" Soda then yelled. "Be quiet for a minute!"

After that, Two-Bit stopped and Pony managed to yank one foot away. Two-Bit still held on to one and continued poking his foot.

Ponyboy then growled as he kicked Two-Bit in the chest, knocking him off the bed before flying down on top of him and covering his mouth with his hand, trying to smother him. Pony then looked up as Soda came into the room.

"Who was it?" Ponyboy asked as Two-Bit struggled under him.

"It was the social worker. She's coming over here in an hour."
Sign up to rate and review this story