Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Of Comics and Coffee

Chocolate

by GAClive 1 review

Well that Gerard guy wasn't so acne riddled or chubby... He was actually kind of cute...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-03-13 - Updated: 2012-03-13 - 799 words

2Original
Lauren trudged through the door of her tiny dorm and placed the box on her desk before collapsing onto her bed. Her roommate would probably be gone till late that night so she could relax however she wanted on her own... alone.

She fingered the business card that she had swiped from the comic store earlier that day. That had to be the weirdest experience she had had in a long while. All she wanted was to sell the comics to help save up for loans and any rent deposits that she'd have to pay when she graduated at the end of the school year. She was a senior in college with a literature and music degree and no idea what she was going to do when she was done. To say she was terrified was an understatement.

Yes, that was all she wanted to do. Sell the comics, go home and sit down with a highlighter and the classified section. But no, she had to get attacked by a red headed whirligig of energy who not only refused to buy the comics but offered her a job interview.

...Ok, maybe that last part wasn't bad at all. First job interview she was able to get in over a month. She didn't know anything about comic books though! And weren't they for nerdy guys who had no social lives and were riddled with bad acne and love handles?

Well that Gerard guy wasn't so acne riddled or chubby... He was actually kind of cute...

“I need chocolate!” She muttered to herself before heading off to the small common area for her floor of the building. She shuffled down the hall and straight up to the vending machine in the lobby-like room. She reached into her jeans pocket and found the change from her donut purchase that morning. She jingled the coins in her hand as she surveyed the candy before her, “Reeses... B5... ten... twenty... forty-five...” She dropped each coin in while intently counting out loud, “seventy-five... a dollar... SHIT!” Her jaw dropped in shock and she screamed in agony when the evil machine ate the last quarter she had needed for the chocolate. She leaned her forehead against the plexi glass and groaned in frustration.

“I haaaaaaate my liiiiiiife,” she remained in this position, contemplating how best to destroy the machine, till she heard a plink next to her head and then the familiar whirring that proceeded a “thunk” from somewhere below. She jerked her head up in surprise to see a taller blonde guy reach down and remove the candy before handing it to her with a dazzling smile. “You look like you need this,” she swooned at his midwestern accent and bright smile. The knights that she had read about so often in her british literature classes never seemed more real till now.

She took the Reeses from him and suddenly felt self-conscious about her appearance and started fiddling with the hem of her sweatshirt again. “Thank you so much!” She whispered and tried to give him her best smile in spite of her chapped lips. His smile widened, “No problem!” He thrust a tanned hand forward and she took it with her own pale one. “I'm Grant,” he said with a wink. Cheesy, yes, but she still melted at the sight of it.

“Lauren, I'm Lauren,” he held her hand a little bit longer than a normal handshake would usually last.

“Nice to meet you Lauren! You know, I'd like to buy you something other than chocolate some time, if that's alright with you?” She couldn't help the goofy grin when she nodded. Of course she had to go speechless at this crucial moment. “Coffee?” She nodded again. “This saturday?” Another nod. “Meet here at five?”

She stomped her foot in an effort to physically force words out of her mouth. “Yes!” She blurted. “Great! I'll see you then!” And with that he was gone.

Her eyes followed him till he disappeared out into the hallway. What a day! She slowly unwrapped the chocolate and sinked her teeth into it while moaning in delight. She collapsed on the closest ancient couch and didn't mind the stares as she unknowingly continued making the suggestive sounds while sucking the chocolate off of the peanut butter filling. Things were finally looking up!


A/N: This chapter might be slightly autobiographical... my experiences with vending machines on campus have always been dramatic and angst filled, so trust that this chapter was filled with true emotion on that part. As for cute country guys asking me out? That has never happened to me... sadly... In the next few chapters you should expect the other members of MCR, paparazzi drama, more chocolate, and perhaps a bit of romance? Eh, we'll see.
Sign up to rate and review this story