Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Swear To Shake It up, If You Swear To Listen

Swear To Shake It up, If You Swear To Listen

by TheBalladOfPhoebe 5 reviews

When the guys go searching for a support act for thier upcoming tour, they find exactly what thier looking for and so much more in the most unlikely of places. *Sorry for the terrible summary :')*

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-03-19 - Updated: 2012-03-21 - 1779 words

2Funny
*HELLOOO :D Oh My GOSH! So excited to be uploading my first ever chapter :D:D:D Now this chapter isnt my best piece of work but fingers crossed you wont find it boring - its just I really wanted to get this story going and well... yer :L Well I hope you like it and please, please, PLEASE rate and review! Its my first fanfic so constructive critisium is welcome! p.s MASSIVE THANKYOU to everybody who auditioned for this story!


Ryans POV

"WAKEY, WAKEY SLEEPY HEAD!" Sang an over-excited voice that belonged to one Brendon Urie

I groaned sleepily and burried myself deeper into the confindes of my bedding

"Go away" I mumbled into my pilliow

Suddenly the duvet was ripped from my clutches, thrown to the floor and I was left shivering in only my boxers. I heard chuckles coming from the door and I could tell Jon and Spencer were enjoying my discomfort.

"urufryehfrndjfjhry" I looked up, only to find Brendon smiling widely down at me "I hate you."

"Love you Ryro" Brendon replied, flashing me the doe eyes.

I sighed in defeat, once Brendon turns the puppydog eyes on it's impossible to stay mad at him
"Love you too Bren"

"RYDEN IS REAL" Spencer practically screamed from the doorway, Jon sniggering in the background

I threw my pillow in the general direction of the door and was rewarded by the sound of it colliding into Spencer

"Hey!" He responded

We looked at each for a moment before bursting into laughter.

"Come on, weve got to get going. The first auditions in an hour!" Spencer managed to get out through his chuckles

I finally rolled out of bed, picked up a pair of skinny jeans and put on the only clean t-shirt in my wardrobe. "Lets get this over with" I said after carefully drawing on my black eyeliner.

"I have a good feeling about today" Brenden practically sang as we left the house. I however wasnt as hopeful.



2 Hours, 4 coffes, 3 bands and several bags of sugary sweets later...


"Thanks so much, we'll be in touch soon" Brendon smiled cheerily at the band that stood before us

With that the picked up thier instruments and left the room, smiling smugly to one another in s manner that instantly made me dislike them. Once the door closed, Brendon turned his body around and addressed us all.

"So whatchya think?" Although by the tone of his voice and the disappointed look in his eye, I think he already knew what our answer would be.

"No way, not a chance, NO" Jon instantly replied, it seems I wasn't the only one who found Abstract Evil Barbie (Yes... That really was thier band name) unbelievably irritating.

"What did you think Ryan" Brendon asked

I simply burried my head in my hands and groaned in frustration

"Spencer?" His tone pleading now

"Sorry dude, but i'd rather turn Joncer into reality than spend 10 minutes with them, let alone an entire tour." At this Jons face turned a bright red.

Everybody nodded thier head in agreement.

"This is hopeless" Jon sighed heavily, after his face had returned to its natural colour "Were never going to find a support act!"

I wanted to reassure him, I really did. But I was beginning to think he was right. We'd been in Las Vegas auditioning bands for the Pretty Odd. tour going on 2 weeks now and we hadn't found anybody that came even close to having the sound we were looking for. I was starting to think that we should just do the tour without a support act. Just as I was about to voice my pessimistic thoughts I heard a guitar playing. Blocking out the disscussion going on around me, and the noise Brendon was making whilst munching away on his skittles, I continued to listen. By now drumming had started and I had to admit these guys had a pretty awesome tune going.

"She lives in a fairytale, somewhere too far for us to find,
Forgotten the taste and smell of a world that shes left behind"

My head instantly shot up at the voice that was seeping through the walls of our tiny audition room. My sudden movement startled poor Brenden, causing him to send the bag of skittles flying across the room.

"MY SKITTLES!" Brendon cried dramtically

"Sorry man, but SHUSHHHH! Youve got to listen to this!" I replied quickly. The room fell silent and we had no problem hearing the music being played outside.

"Keep Your Feet On The Ground,
When Your Head's In The Clouds,
Well Go Get Your Shovel,
And We'll Dig A Deep Hole"

"To Bury The Castle, Bury The Castle,
Well Go Get Your Shovel,
And We'll Dig A Deep Hole"

"Guys, I think weve just found our support act!" I practically squelled in delight, bouncing up and down in my chair "Come on! Lets go see who they are!". I stood up and ran to the door, Spencer, Jon and Brendon close behind, all with big grins plastered on thier faces. Following the music we soon came to a door and upon quietly opening said door, we creeped into the back of the hall.


"You Can See It With Your Eyes,
Oh Even In The Dark,
And That's Where I Want To Be, Yeah"

"Go Get Your Shovel,
We'll Dig A Deep Hole,
To Bury The Castle, Bury The Castle,
Well Go Get Your Shovel,
And We'll Dig A Deep Hole"

"To Bury The Castle, Bury The Castle"


With that final line the music stopped and the mystery girl turned to smile at her 4 other band mates. All of a sudden I heard a loud clapping from beside me. The five girls all turned to look at us, looking rather shocked. Without warning Brendon took off towards the stage and begin introducing himself. I suddenly decided that my shoes were extremly interesting today.

"HI! Im Brendon Urie, thats Spencer, theres Jon and thats Ryan!" Brendon gushed excitedly

I looked back up at the girl once more "Hey" I said awkwardly, rubbing my neck

"Were Panic! At The Disco and we heard you playing and we think your AWESOME!" Brendon rambled

The girls still all looked slightly taken aback however they quickly re-gained thier composure and one stepped forward and introduced herself.

"Ermm... Hey! Im Rebekah... Thats Fia, thats Zia" She said pointing a the girl with the pink and blue stripes in her platinum blonde hair and to the girl with a black lip ring, who each gave a small wave "Over theres Christina and over by the drums is Gabriella" She looked back at us "Were Gateway Radiation" She finished smiling.

"Awesome band name" Spencer complimented

"Thanks" The girl named Rebekah replied.

"You guys have an amazing sound going, did you write that yourself?" I found myself asking, tugging nervously on my hair

"Yup, we were just having band practise so im really sorry if we disturbed you guys" She replied nervously

"Not at all!" Brendon quickly responded "In fact, you have no idea how glad we are we heard you playing! Were in the room down the hallway auditioning bands to be our support act and well.... well the thing is... well"

"It would be great if you guys auditioned" Jon finished, Brenden gave him a smile in thanks.

The girls face's lit up and they all turned to one another with excited smiles.

"THAT WOULD BE AMAZING" The bass player, Zia I think her name is, practially screamed

"OMG YES!" Fia sang

"I think its safe to say we'd all love to!" Rebekah finished laughing. The sound of her laugh filled the room and just the sound of it made me want to kiss her.... wait a minute... did i just say i wanted to kiss a random girl who ive known less than 5 minutes?! I looked up and for the first time looked straight into her big, hazel doe like eyes. I felt my heart speed up when her eyes connected with mine and I quickly looked away feeling a blush spred over my cheeks

"Great!" Spencer smiled warmly "Why dont you come with us and let us see what youve got"

15 Minutes and 3 kick ass songs later...

"That was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G" Brendon squeled in a very feminine, very camp voice, causing all of us to laugh. Brendon looked at us "I dont know about you guys but I think these guys would be perfect!"

"I second that" Spencer laughed

"Same here" Jon added sending a cheeky wink towards the girls

"Ditto" I replied nodding

"Then were all agreed!" Brendon exclaimed loudly causing Spencer to jump. He turned to the girls "Will you Gateway Radiation be willing to go on tour with us?" turning on the puppy dog eyes

"How can we say no to that face?! Of course we will!" Rebekah giggled

We all jumped from our seats and gave the girls a hug. I have to say giving Rebekah a hug sent my stomach fluttering. Oh my good did i really just think that?! I sound like such a girl. I rolled my eyes at myself

"IM SO EXCITED" Brendon yelled, jumping up and down with Fia - that backing singer I believe "Were going to have soo much fun!"

Everybody started laughing at Brendons antics, but I caught sight of the clock from the corner of my eye. Dam. Was it really that late already? Sighing I got everybodys attention

"Listen guys we have to go, but girls before we do, do you have any questions?"

The girls looked between one another smiling until finally Gabriella stepped forward and looked directly at me. It was only then I noticed she looked much younger than the rest of the girls and I made a mental note to ask about that later.

"We have just one question..." She replied

"Go on then" Spencer smiled at her, with a look in his eye that id never seen before... This could get interesting i thought to myself

"Whats with the skittles?" She responded shyly, pointing to the carpet which was covered in "the rainbow"

At this everyone went silent for a moment and then in complete unison burst out laughing. Then we all switched numbers and agreed to meet up the next day. Laughing we exited the auditition room and went our separate ways. I could just tell that this tour is going to be pretty damm epic.





*And thats it for today folks :D Hope you enjoyed it and im hoping to get the second chapter out by sunday at the latest! Much love, Phoebe x
Sign up to rate and review this story