Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Picnic in the park.

by grotesk_burlesk 2 reviews

-Frerard Oneshot- Gerard takes Frank on a picnic in the park, what happens?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-04-02 - Updated: 2012-04-02 - 1306 words - Complete

0Unrated
A Frerard Oneshot, it's very cute in my opinion. I love it, and it's not often I'll say when I like my own work. But I like this, I hope you enjoy this!
~caitlinxo



"Hey Frankie, you fancy coming out tomorrow?" Gerard asks me. I smile, pushing my fringe out of my eyes and pulling the sleeves of my oversized Misfits hoodie down over my knuckles. I glance up at him, his beautiful eyes shining as if he's up to something, something mischievous.

"Um, yeah... I guess." I agree, stepping down off his porch. He laughs and steps down to join me, he's still so much taller than me.

And paler, and more muscular and more beautiful and talented and perfect. I think to myself.

Shame he ain't gay, Frankie boy. Says a voice in my head, cocky little bastard that voice.

"Awesome, I'll pick you up about 4:30pm?" Gerard smirks. I frown but nod anyway. "All will be revealed, Frank." He tells me, wrapping me into a hug. I breathe in his recognisable smell, coffee and cinnamon as well as the subtle hint of cigarettes. If they made aftershave that smelt like that, I'd buy it just to feel like Gerard was around.

That's kind of creepy.

Shut up.

"I gotta go Gee, see you tomorrow." I wink, pulling out of the safety of his arms. I watch him run a hand through his choppy raven hair, and he smiles at me.

"See you tomorrow, Frankie." He mumbles, trotting back into the warmth of his home.

>.<

"Frank, Gerard's here!" Mum calls up the stairs.

"Okay, I'll be 2 minutes." I yell back. I hear her inviting Gerard in and heading to the kitchen. I glance at myself in the full length mirror in front of me. I smirk; not to sound self absorbed but I look hot.

I think I might've over dressed but I don't care. I've pulled on my tightest black skinnies that have chains hanging from the belt loop. As well as my Green Day belt and a Smashing Pumpkins shirt; I've put on my red Doc Martins and I've smudged black eyeliner around my eyes. I've added wax and a shit load of hair spray to my hair. I grab my keys, cigarettes and some chewing gum.

"Hey Gee," I greet him, as I trudge into the living room. Mum looks up at me and smiles.

"You look gorgeous Frank!" Mum smiles. I roll my eyes and smile. She's embarrassing me but I love her too much to actually say anything about it. She's my Mum and without her; I'd be screwed.

"Thanks Mum, shall we go Geetard?" I smirk, looking to the taller boy. Damn he looks fine. He's dressed in grey skinnies with a Sex Pistols shirt and a leather jacket over the top. He's also wearing Doc Martins and has smudged black eyeliner round his eyes too. He's wearing my fingerless gloves, I thought I lost those!

"Sure," He smiles, "Goodbye Mrs. Iero."

"Bye Mum," I smile, kissing her cheek. She smiles at me and winks, I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Goodbye boys," She calls as we walk out the door. As we walk down the path Gerard smirks at me.

"Where we going Gee?" I ask excitedly, watching his hips sway as he walks ahead of me slightly.

"You'll see," He winks, and I think my heart stops. He is too sexy, he cannot expect that my heart will be able to keep going when he winks at me! Is he trying to kill me?

"You cannot do that to me, Gerard Way! Tell me where we're going?" I plead, grabbing hold of his hand as we walk along. I expect him to pull his hand away and for a frown to grace his face. But he doesn't, and one doesn't. He just entwines our fingers and squeezes my hand gently. My heart starts jumping in my chest, beating so fast I feel as though it's going to burst.

Gerard stops walking abruptly and turns to look at me. He takes my other hand and looks down at me, his hazel eyes meeting mine and making me want to melt into the ground right there and then. I didn't, but I wanted to. He pulled a hand out of mine and brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Frank, please?" He smiles, "Just trust me,"

I simply nod. I can't do much else, I'm about to turn to mush, there's butterflies in my stomach and my heart is pounding right out my chest. You know, when you see it in cartoons when the heart of the character literally jumping out of their chest? That's pretty much what it feels like my heart is doing.

"Thank you." He smiles, and we continue our walk along the street. Soon we're walking through the park and then out of it again. We come along to the lake and walk around it.

It's then that I spot the large oak tree and the picnic blanket layed out underneath it, I gasp and Gerard walks across and sits down on it.

"Is this for us?" I ask him, still standing a metre away in shock. It's beautiful, it really is. A picnic blanket is layed under the shade of the large tree, a basket on top of it and pillows layed on it too. Gerard is laying on his side with a blanket under his elbow, and he's starting to pull food and cans of coke out of the basket.

"Yes, it is Frank. Come on, come sit down already!" Gerard laughs, that gorgeous laugh. I smile, a blush rises to my cheeks. I walk over and sit down opposite him and accept a can of coke. I thank him and he laughs slightly.

"This is beautiful, what's it all for?" I ask him. This time, Gerard is the one who blushes and I smile softly hiding under my fringe. "Do you need to tell me something?"

"Um, well..." He mumbles, and now it's my turn to laugh. Gerard's head snaps up and I smile at him, again. "So beautiful..." He whispers.

"Who's beautiful, Gee?" I ask innocently,

"You are," He replies, and again I feel a blush rising to my cheeks. "Frank, I know you're my best friend and you might find this weird or awkward and if you do we can we just forget I ever mentioned it. But Frank, I think I'm falling in love with you." I look at him, shock gracing my features. "Shit, forget I said anything."

"No, Gerard. Because, I love you too. I have for a long time now, and I was afraid to say anything because... Well because I was convinced you were straight. And if you were willing to date me, I'd be the happiest guy on the Earth." I tell him, and he grins.

"But what if we break up Frankie? I couldn't cope with losing my best friend." Gerard admits.

"You'd still be my best friend! I couldn't cope with you not being in my life! I will be there if we break up or if we don't, I'll always be here because you're amazing. I told you. I don't wanna lose you as my best friend and I won't. I promise you that, regardless of what happens between us." I tell him, moving closer to him and brushing his hair out of his pale face.

"Frank, be my boyfriend?" Gerard whispers to me, I giggle sofly and press my lips against his. Gerard smiles against my lips and kisses me back, and my heart explodes. This is the greatest moment of my life, finally the boy I've been in love with for about eleven months has said he loves me back. What could be better than this?
Sign up to rate and review this story