Categories > Original > Drama

The war on emo

by MCRmysoldier 1 review

This is important so please read.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-04-05 - Updated: 2012-04-05 - 413 words

2Ambiance
This "war on emo" shit is unbelievably inacurate. Emo is short for emotional so it you are accusing us of having emotions then that's the most pathetic insult I have ever heard. People out there are promoting violence against people who like rock music, cut themselves and dress darker than the average person, people are saying that people cut themselves to fit in with the "emo" crowd. I used to self-harm but I don't anymore. I didn't do it to "fit in", I didn't do it because I felt I had to, I did it because I have a lot of things that happened with my family, and that dragged me down into depression. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE saved my life, I was suicidal, hating life, and cutting myself off from the rest of the world. In my chem's song "famous last words" the line "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone." That ONE little line gave me the motivation and courage to face every day of this life. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE never promoted self harm. Yes in their song "cemetery drive" gerard way sings "singing songs that make you slit your wrists." That doesn't mean they are trying to promote self-harm, infact in all their concerts gerard way makes a point of demanding, not telling or asking, demanding that people do NOT hurt themselves in anyway, shape or form. "Cemetery drive" is on the album "three cheers for sweet revenge." Which also has the song "helena" which was written for mikey way and gerard's deceased grandmother. They were going through a hard time when this album was made and that's when gerard fell into depression and started doing drugs, being suicidal and drinking close to lethal amounts of alcohol. After he pulled out of his depression he said "this band saved my life." He felt that it gave his life meaning and if people are willing to cut their wrists just because people say its cool, then they would definitely listen to gerard way. it is NOT cool to slit your wrists. It is life threatening. No rock band or emo band or punk band or anything, promote self-harm. Everyone who bullies people like me for dressing differently, liking different music and wearing eyeliner, are pathetic. They don't understand the meaning in music. If its emo .vs. The world then bring it on. In the words of 30 seconds to mars "This is WAR"
Sign up to rate and review this story