Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Finally Free

Part 14 - How Long?

by BurningCuriosity 3 reviews

Amelie wakes up in Gerard's arms and wonders, how long can her happiness last?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-04-12 - Updated: 2012-04-12 - 720 words

1Original
Author's note: I'm sorry if it's short. I've been struggling harder than usual, but it seems to get a bit better. I've gotten a new job and I've lessened my panic attacks. But they seem to be waiting till I get weak again.




Amelie awoke to the piercing gaze of the sun as she curled to the side. Temporarily blinded, she squirmed uncomfortably until she felt a pair of hands hold her closer. Amelie smiled and turned around, facing a sleeping Gerard Way.

Pushing her black tangled hair aside, she stared at Gerard carefully as she traced his face with her fingers. Feeling every inch of him, she smiled as her fingers grazed over his lips. Gerard opened his eyes, smiled back and kissed her lips. With a swift move, he pulled her to his chest and kissed her forehead as he stroked her back gently.

Without a word, they laid there cuddling, feeling each other’s warmth and letting the world go by slowly.

Amelie had never felt more at peace.

After a few hours, Gerard got up as his phone rang, leaving Amelie to drag herself to the bathroom. A shower and a change of clothes later, they sat on the balcony, peacefully having tea.

“So the guys called, it’s 10AM, they were thinking to skip today’s recording due to all the stress yesterday, you know, give everyone a time to chill. We might record the day after tomorrow instead. Anything you’d like to do?” Gerard asked as he had a piece of toast.

Amelie shook her head to a yes as she stroked Dorian, the kitty was asleep with it’s tummy to her. As she inhaled a cigarette, she spoke softly “well, I would like to paint with you”

Gerard stared back into her chocolate brown eyes and felt that tug in his heart, that love that seemed to grow with each time they keep discovering each other’s little quirks. Discovering each part of their soul in the other like a reflection and completion of a puzzle.

“Sure…let’s paint” Gerard said, smiling as he ran his fingers through her long black hair. Amelie smiled and held his hand, then kissed it softly.

That kiss led to more trails of passion until it simmered down a couple of hours later.



Gerard stood up to stretch as Amelie took a shower. He thought of joining her, but they should really start to paint soon. Her phone beeped and out of habit he picked it up.

“Take your meds” Adam texted.

Gerard frowned and put the phone back, taking a small breath and telling himself he should learn more about her. He can take care of her, not Adam.
Amelie stepped out, drying her hair as she slipped into a black skirt and a plain white top. She looked over and saw Gerard frowning.

Moving closer, she held one hand to his face and kissed his lips softly. “What’s wrong?” Amelie asked quietly.

“Nothing, Adam just texted you to take your meds…I mean…I think we should talk about it too you know…I want to take care of you” Gerard said simply, staring into her eyes.

Amelie smiled small, running her hands through his hair. How could she tell him, she wasn’t ready to talk about it yet, after everything that happened. She looked away as Gerard stood up and held her.

“You know, you don’t have to be afraid, I meant it. If not now, then soon, alright? Go take your meds…I’m not mad” Gerard whispered as he hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek.

Amelie turned around and kissed him back, feeling so in love yet so scared. There was always something to be worried about.

Gerard left for the bathroom and as soon as she heard the shower rush in, Amelie walked to the kitchen. Popping a few pills in her hand, she breathed and thought of each one. A blue one for the insanity, a white one for the hormones, another white one for contraception. A clink of the glass hitting the counter as she finished drinking medicines, Amelie thought of her life once more.

As she relaxed due to the drugs, she wondered how long she could stay this happy.
Sign up to rate and review this story