Categories > Original > Horror > Angel Moon

Blue Eyes Don't Lie, Belle

by Nemo_xo 0 reviews

Vampires, that's all you're getting. Influences from The Southern Vampire Mysteries, Interview With The Vampire, The Vampire Diaries, and other steampunk gothic works. Belle's POV.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Published: 2012-04-14 - Updated: 2012-04-14 - 770 words - Complete

0Unrated
Play: Gives You Hell ~ The All-American Rejects

I sat at the bar, not really concentrating on anything inparticular. I'd decided to leave them alone, I needed time to myself once in a while. And well, so did they, and my God it showed. Like a pair of teenagers, they disgusted me sometimes. It was like seeing your parents kiss, it was just uncalled for. I stared into my drink, trying not to look any one in the eye in pure accident.

"Why, hello there, is this seat taken?" I glanced up at the stranger, making it quick, avoiding eye contact. My eyes stayed on the foul tasting alcohol, barely touched, in the glass near my hand as I blushed red. I knew instantly that he wasn't anything human. He was another one, like me. Like Logan and Lucretia. It was a little unnerving to meet a stranger on your own territory.

"Are you... okay?" he muttered, placing a hand under my chin so that I looked up at him, and he trailed off into silence as my magic worked. I almost smiled, every time they did that, it seemed that they lost all coherent speech, I found it quite hilarious. He seemed to be confident, very much a womaniser and quite out of his depth. He stared at me, looking quite confused, and I muttered,

"I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much."

The metaphorical penny seemed to drop as he stared, frowning. He raised an eyebrow, and took the seat on my right.

"That's a very nice little trick you have there. But mine's a little more useful." he smiled, winking at me. I blushed involuntarily. He nodded in the direction of a waitress on the other side of the room. I followed his eyes, and as soon as the waitress caught sight of him, she blushed extremely, glancing to her reflection in the glass and fixing her hair. As soon as he turned back around, she stopped and carried on with what she'd been doing.

"Probably won't work on you, though. Shame." he said plainly. I smiled smugly.

"Mine worked on you."

He raised his eyebrows, and let out a little laugh.

"You're not my type, sugar."

"Oh, you're gay." I smirked, and saw a little glare in my direction.

"I like a girl who's still alive."

I felt a heavy weight over my heart. His last little retort had hurt, but I wouldn't let him know that.

"Great. What dead chick would want you?"

"Ah, that's not what I meant. I like people I can... Sink my teeth into." he grinned.

"Oh, great. That's telling me a lot right there. Just tell me anything about your sex life, go ahead, just put it out there, man." I muttered sarcastically, taking a swig of my drink. He sat there, trying not to laugh.

"You're funny, I like that."

"You think with your dick. That isn't admirable."

"Oh, we've found a live one. You'd be a bitch if you weren't so drop dead gorgeous."

"Irony in it's most complete. Well done, are you planning on further enticing me to punch you in the face?"

"What ever floats your boat, sugar." he winked, laughing.

I got up from my seat, ready to leave. I needed to head back anyway, Lucretia would be sat there worrying and Logan would be pissed off at me for being subject to her nagging.

"Hey, wait. You're out here because of the lycanthrope pack, aren't you?" he asked. I rolled my eyes.

"As it happens, yes, I am, why?" I frowned at him, and he seemed to change expression rapidly. He sat there pitifully, dark puppy dog eyes with their long lashes, looking sorry for himself.

"I'm travelling alone, I really just need a place to crash, stay warm. You have any human friends out here?"

"Uh, no! Thinking with your dick again, I presume." I glared, hands on my hips. "If you're staying with us, then no humans are allowed within ten miles..." I lowered my voice to a whisper. "We hunt deer instead when our supplies get short. You'll have much less chance to fuck your food."

"How disgusting do you think I am?" he asked, looking horrified.

"You cannot even imagine..."

"And wait, we? You're not here alone?"

"I'm here with two others. They're a little like my parents, or an aunt and uncle."

"Parents? I'm just gonna avoid them, I think. Parents in general either call the cops or try to shoot me."

I smirked, and we headed out into the cold, walking back to the little log house in the mountains.
Sign up to rate and review this story