Categories > Original > Horror > Angel Moon

Hybrid Theory, Caine

by Nemo_xo 0 reviews

Caine's POV. An urgent need for a midnight snack has dire consequences.

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-04-14 - Updated: 2012-04-14 - 998 words - Complete

0Unrated
Play: Road To Nowhere ~ Bullet For My Valentine

The old armchair I sat in creaked and was near to falling apart, but I was thankful for it, it relieved my aching legs. The only draw back was that the leather stuck to the bandages around my back, the dark poisoned blood still flowing from the many holes in my flesh. I'd heard her, there was no fooling me. Even when I'd been practically comatose, I still caught snatches of muttered conversation about the state of my injuries, what would happen.

...won't stop bleeding...

...never heal...

...die of blood loss...

I was gone, done for all ready. Well, I thought to myself, you've had a good run, not many get to 73 and look this good.

I laughed lightly to myself, and then stopped abruptly as the patches of raw flesh of my back stung. The adrenaline rush from earlier had worn off, and the poison starting to take effect. There was a deep burning in my throat that made the air seem thin and chemical. I sighed, and nearly jumped out of my skin when the door opened. I should have been expecting it, it was her room after all. It wasn't Lucretia, it was the other, I was still unsure of her name. I caught sight of myself in the mirror on the wall, understanding the look of pity in her eyes. I looked sickly, paler than I had ever thought possible, my eyes set into the dark holes of the shadowed sockets, a shine to my skin, making it look like I was in a cold sweat.

"Caine..." she said quietly, gently. How she could talk to me like that, say my name with such kindness when I looked like this, mystified me. Her blue eyes were large, and innocent, and forgiving. My heart thudded when she looked at me, my gaze leaping to the floor. "Do you want anything? I can't bring you any blood, but is there anything else?"

"No." I croaked, breathless at just sitting there and being alive.

I waited until the house was silent before disturbing the stock of blood in the refrigerator in the kitchen. Just feeling so weak, the energy needed just to drag myself down the stairs was more than I had. I collapsed again, infront of the refridgerator, my breathing so heavy that pain sliced through my chest.

You can do this, just up a little, and then you'll be fine.

I took a slow breath in, bracing myself for what I would feel next. Just imagining the ache in my legs made me feel a sense of imbalance. Another slow breath in. I needed it, the blood. I couldn't smell it past the cold chemical metal of the refrigerator, but I knew it was there. Cold and red and glistening like rubies and it would bring so much relief from the pain. My condition had deteriorated so rapidly, I would be dead by the morning, I knew it in my heart and my mind. It was as if they wanted to kill me. Why wouldn't they give me any? Was I thought of as a threat?

I cast the thought from my mind and stared back up at the cold white metal. My body had started to chill on the cold floor. I took one final slow breath in, and then shifted my weight onto my knees, my bones clicking from the stress. I reached up, and swung the door open, and quickly transferred my weight onto the inside of the refrigerator. The muscles in my legs ached, stinging and almost giving out. I wimpered quietly, and then looked up, seeing bags of blood on the first shelf. I reached up, hands shaking, and snatched one of them down. Making quick work of it, my teeth sliced through the thin plastic.

As soon as the taste of it hit me, I felt like weight had been lifted, everything was cured, for the moment, any way. I gulped it down quickly, tipping the thick red liquid all over myself, the kitchen floor. I didn't care, I was dying, there was no point in cleaning up. As soon as it was gone, I peered up at all the other bags.

I want more.

I snapped. Reaching for as many bags as possible, tearing at them wildly and pouring it everywhere, guzzling the ruby liquid that would in theory save my life. The shelf clattered onto the floor from it's place, making a loud smashing noise as the glass panels in it shattered. Before I could do anything about it I heard footsteps, and the girl was stood in the door way, looking horrified.

Now, now she sees me, as I see myself, now she sees me as a monster.

She crept in cautiously, and sank down to my level. Her eyes stared into mine, as I felt that strange calming sensation again. My breathing slowed, and I noticed my reflection in the glass door. I looked crazed, my eyes wide and bloodshot, my hair a mess, and my face and upper body covered in blood. Less than man, more than animal. Somewhere lying inbetween, and that scared me. My face crumpled into sadness for a moment, before a stabbing pain hit me in the stomach. I gasped, breathless, before vomiting all over the floor.

She reacted quickly, dragging the waste paper bin over to me. I was spitting violently into it, a dark liquid similar to the black blood from my wounds, it stung my throat and made the roof of my mouth bleed. I wailed, tears in my eyes. I had never felt such intense pain, it felt like all of the blood in my body just ached. Soaked to the skin in this and the blood from the refrigerator, I shivered violently. She stayed there, with me, all night on the kitchen floor, until I collapsed of exhaustion in the early morning and my blood went cold.
Sign up to rate and review this story