Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Seeker

Chapter 4: The Enemies gather.

by Julius 2 reviews

The heroes are nerous about Julius, Hera has a test in mind for Julius and who is Cronus talking to in the park.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-02 - Updated: 2006-07-02 - 2975 words

0Unrated
The Seeker.

By Jade and Trynia Merin : Don't own Class of the Titans but Julius is my OC.

Chapter 4: The Enemies gather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks had gone by since Julius had entered the lives of the chosen seven. He was now with Archie jogging in the park. He kept alert in case Cronus showed up again.

Archie was thrilled to have his friend at his side again. It felt like old times. "So you're keeping up with me again!" Archie joked.

Julius took a deep breath. "Your friends don't seem to like me yet." His long braid danced behind his back.

"Don't worry they take a while to get to know you," he reassured Julius. "After all I never told them about you, so it's a surprise."

Julius shook his head. "I know... but still I feel like a bad guy." A smirk grew on Julius' face. He reached out and poked Archie's nose. "Your it." He then leapt into the trees.

"ACCK! Just like old times," he laughed, relieved to be playing an old game. He shot out under the trees, racing to grab the nearest branch and swing up.

Julius laughed and leapt through the trees.

Grumbling Archie swung up and managed to get onto the first branch. He leapt to another tree, and the next, drawing on his acrobatic skills.

"You are better than this, Archie." Julius leapt again to another tree. "Stop holding back." He flipped though the air into another tree. "I want to see Achilles in action."

"You wanted it you got it!" he said, reaching deep to his heart and soul. Channeling his potential he whirled around a branch then launched himself across to expertly land on another limb. It grew easier the more he let go. Little scrapes and bruises didn't even happen because he felt invincible.

Julius smiled and leapt though the trees. "That what I want to see."

"I feel unstoppable!" he laughed. He drew out his whip, and cracked it towards another tree. It slashed through a branch that was just by Julius, letting it fall inches from where Julius was about to land.

"No weapons, Just skills." Julius' body twisted in the air and he grabbed a new branch. "Let your body tell you how to move."

"Sorry!" he called out, dismissing his whip. He suddenly dropped to the ground and thought of a new strategy.

Leaping up he grabbed a tree that was smaller and flexible then bent it over. He used it to launch himself into the air and arch over where Julius had landed.

Julius stopped. "Come on Archie. Let your body tell you want to do." He smiled at how Archie leapt back up into the trees. He had missed this. "Now this is how you train."

The teen moved again quickly to keep out of Archie's reach.
Archie caught the tree above and landed on the branch near Julius. "Boo," he teased.

Then he narrowly missed him. "Nuts."

Julius stuck out his tongue. "You never could catch me."

"Hmm," he wondered, sitting there and thinking carefully. Just then a beeping came from Archie's pocket. He stopped chasing Julius.

"I think your friends are calling you, Archie." Julius stopped and listened to the PMR beep again.

"Excuse me," he said. He answered the device. "Hello?"

"Archie. We need you back at the school." Jay voice broke through. Julius sighed. That was the end of the chase for now.

"I'll be there," he said. Sadly he looked at Julius. "I have to go back."

"I come too. I might as well see if I can start normal high school at lease." Julius dropped to the ground. "It was fun playing tag again."

"I know," he nodded, landing next to Julius. "Like old times."

Julius came over and patted Archie's back. "Come on let's hurry. Don't want your friends mad at you."

"Yeah," he nodded, grasping his friend's shoulder. He tugged Julius along with him. "Walk back with me?"

"I didn't I just say I was." Julius smirked and tapped Archie's nose again. "And you are it again." He dashed towards the high school.

He sighed and ran after him, wondering if he could ever get his friends to accept Julius.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay was waiting inside the high school for Archie. He was worried for two reasons. One, Archie was hanging around Julius a lot but that was understandable since they were childhood friends. Second, the others had started to push on him to talk to Hera about Julius. He wasn't sure what to do yet.

Archie and his friend had showered and changed as they went through the high school. Archie was still drying his hair with a towel dressed in clean clothes as he approached Jay.

Julius was behind Archie. He too had showered. His hair was damp. "Hello, Jay."

Jay nodded his head. "Glad you could join us, Archie."

"What's up?" he asked.

"Hera has information on Cronus. As well the other gods want us to train with them today." Jay noted Julius looked away from him. He knew Julius knew about the gods but he was not yet welcome into the heart of the school yet.

"Is that so?" asked Archie quietly.

"Hey guys." Herry and Odie were walking towards them. Julius felt let he should disappear now.

"Hello," said Archie.

"Glad you made it. We just need the others to show up." Jay patted Odie's shoulder.

Theresa and Neil walked up next "Hey there," Theresa said. "Guys," Neil nodded.

Atlanta arrived next, panting as she scooted to a halt.

"Last one here, Atlanta." Jay put his hands on his hips.

Julius scanned the group. "I'm just going to do a few things, Archie. I see you later." Julius moved away from the group.

Jay watched Julius leave. "Come on people, Hera needs to see us." Jay moved towards the janitor closet.

Odie and Herry hurried after him.

"C'mon," said Atlanta. "You coming Archie?"

Archie mumbled something under his breath as he watched Theresa and Neil rush past him.

Soon the group came up to the door and Jay put his medallion into the slot and the door opened.

Archie was last in line, feeling like eyes were on him.

"What's up," Neil asked him. Archie mumbled something under his breath again.

"Welcome." Hera waved the students in to the room.

Archie stood apart from the rest, folding his arms across his chest. He did stand closest to Atlanta; the only one he didn't feel was looking at him oddly.

"What's with Archie," Theresa mumbled to Neil. Neil shrugged.

Jay sighed. He could tell Archie was upset. He could guess what it was about. "So what's going on?"

Hera gripped her hands together. "Cronus is getting upset."

"I'd like to know too," Neil said.

"Why am I not surprised," said Theresa quietly, glancing at Archie momentarily.

"Since you keep the Seeker out of his hands. Which I'm am grateful for. Cronus has attacked small places around the city."

"Oh terrific," Archie mumbled.

Hera glanced at Archie. "Is there something on your mind, Archie?"

"I just feel like nobody is giving Julius a chance," he said aloud.

"Now wait a minute!" Neil protested.

Herry shrugged. "Julius doesn't seem bad, Archie but can he really be trusted?"

"By me yes," he said quickly.

"I will make SURE of it personally."

"What does THAT mean?" asked Neil.

"Archie calm down." Jay moved over to his friend. "This isn't like you, Archie?" Odie frown.

Hera took a deep breath. "Would your friend take a test, Archie?"

"It depends," said Archie.

"What kind of test is it?" Theresa asked.

"First I must say he did well facing Cronus by himself. We need to test how strong he is. A gauntlet of sort." Hera calmly spoke.

''I think that's fair," said Neil. He glanced at Archie who nodded slowly.

"Good I make sure the test is ready for him when you bring him here next time." Hera smiled. "Now as for Cronus I need you all be on your guard."

"I will be," Archie said quietly. He looked lost in thought.

"Thank you for coming." Hera then turned and left the group to think of their next move.

"Thank you," Archie whispered, inclining his head.

Jay looked at the team. He was mostly worry about Archie. "I need to speak a bit more with Miss Hera. Odie can you see if there's a pattern to Cronus' attacks." Odie nodded and headed over to talk to Hermes. Herry went to work out with the weights. Atlanta searched for Artemis, her goddess.
Neil walked off towards the area to train with his patron, while Theresa separated and went to find hers. Archie wondered if now a good time to talk to Aries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bus pulled away and a man appeared as the dust settled. He looked around and headed into the city.
Cronus sat in his hideout. His eyes opened wide as he sensed a powerful spirit. "I wonder," he mumbled.
He summoned one of his giants. "Go find out what the source of this disruption is. Bring it here!"

The man moved down the sidewalk. His cold eyes scan the people walking by him. He needed to find his grandchild and end his life.

Cronus created a portal, and bade the giant step through it. He wanted to find out what was challenging his spirit.

Augustus was not please with what he had found out. His so called grandson had once again slip though his fingers. The boy had to die. He was growing impact. He should have the child put to death before his first breath. He was very upset. The time of normal man was over. Julius was either going to bring in the new age of Cronus or he would be put six feet under. He would not let his child get in the way.

----------

Jay sighed to himself. It was lonely at the top being leader. He knew that he had to talk to Hera alone about certain things, and it wasn't always easy to have to be the leader who made the main decisions. But his ancestor had faced similar challenges and Hera did well by Jason. "I have some things we need to
talk about alone?" he asked as he looked towards the statue of Zeus.

Hera could tell Jay was under stress. "I see. Please come to my garden." Hera turned and headed for her private room. Being queen of the gods she too needed her space.

Jay nodded and followed the goddess, glad that she understood his current situation. He felt peace in the private garden that was a tranquil refuge. He tried to find words for what he wanted to discuss with her.

"Your worry over Archie aren't you?" Hera sat down.

"Yes," he said, sitting on a stone bench near her. "I'm worried about him when he's with Julius all the time."

Hera took a deep breath. "From what I heard Julius is a childhood friend. As for them being alone." She smiled. "We have eyes and ears all around the city. We mostly keep a look out for Cronus but at times we look in on you all to make sure your safe."

"That's a relief," Jay smiled. He brushed back his dark hair. "But I'm worried about whether we can trust him or not. The others are doubtful."

"That what the test is for." Hera stood up and walked over to one of her peacocks. "Julius is a bit of a shock to us. We truly believe the seeker would be a woman." She turned and looked at Jay. "In the end I will have the finally say about Julius."

"I'm glad you suggested the test. It will be a good way to tell for sure," he nodded. "And I trust you when you say you will have the final word."

"I'm glad, Jay. As for the others I must ask you to try your best to talk to them. I know it will be hard but being team leader it's apart of your job." Hera patted the peacock's head.

"I know," he sighed. "What is the best thing to tell them?"

"That I will do my best to judge Julius in his test. To see if he stays or goes." Hera waved her hand. "Now please leave. I have things to prepare."

"Goodbye." he nodded, and inclined his head. He turned around to leave.

"Take care, Jay."

"You too, ma'am," he nodded. "Good luck."

Jay knew he had to trust Hera. Jay wondered what sort of test she would pick. Now he had to face his friends and figure out what their next move would be.

-------------

Cronus sensed the power akin to Julius. He had his giant's track down the source, and used his own powers of perception to predict where this person would be. In the streets of the city he arrived, guessing where their paths would cross.

Augustus huffed. He wondered why it took so long for Cronus to make his move. He was growing impatient. He walked over to a park bench and sat down to wait for the god of time.

The god of time suddenly opened a portal and materialized. "Sorry to keep you waiting," he teased with a smirk on his face.

"I guess time has no meaning for a god." The old man patted the bench.

"We have a common problem to deal with."

Cronus sat down with a chuckle. "You are right there. So what do us do about this mutual problem? What can we do to benefit from one another? I want to make certain our goals mesh before I offer my alliances."

"Of course, my grandson. You would know him as the Seeker." Augustus eyed the god. "I know you want the world. I just want a little
thing."

"Yes, he gave me a real problem," Cronus grumbled. "So what is your price, friend?"

Augustus chuckled. "I just to live for a long time. I won't stop you from plunging the world into darkness. Just put me somewhere any were out of your way. I might even help you keep your new world order." Augustus smiled.

"Hmm I think I can arrange that," said Cronus. "You could rule one of the kingdoms of my new world. Be a general in my armies. I shall find an appropriate 'out of the way' place for you."

"Now what should we do about my grandson?" Augustus smirked.

"Hmm, I would guess the other children might not trust him altogether. Perhaps we can play on that aspect," he chuckled. "Sew a little discord..."

"I have one question, Cronus. Is one of these children named, Archie?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theresa was finishing her latest exercises. She headed down the hall to shower off and meet her friends. With her was Atlanta. "I wonder where that Julius kid is who's been hanging out with Archie," Theresa said.

"I don't know. But Archie seems pretty preoccupied that we aren't more accepting of him. But we got to be careful. We don't know him." Atlanta sighed.

"I hope Hera's test can prove his loyalty," Theresa said quietly.
Both girls showered and changed. They picked up their conversation as they exited the locker rooms in fresh clothes.

Odie was finishing off a report on his computer when he saw the girls come out of the locker rooms. "Atlanta, Theresa over here." He waved. "What's up?" Theresa asked. Atlanta and she wandered over to where he stood.

"I found out what Hera has plan for Julius." Odie typed a bit more on to his lab top.

"Oh," said Theresa. "Is it going to be a major trial?"

"Like the labors of Hercules?" asked Atlanta.

Odie shook his head. "No but it's not a walk in the park. From what I heard Julius is going to face Artemis and Aries at the same time."

"Oh man," Theresa whispered.

"Sounds like a good test to me," said Atlanta. "He faced Cronus."
With us as back up but now he on his own when facing both those gods. I guess it's away to find out how skill and strong, Julius is."

Odie shook his head.

"Uh oh," Atlanta realized.

"I didn't think about that," said Theresa.

Neil wandered by, glancing at the mirrors in the hallway. "What's up?" he asked.

"We're talking about the trial Julius has to do to gain the Gods'
trust. I was telling the girls how it's not a walk in the park." Odie looked at Neil.

"Figures. It's like anything else. I think it's fair. I overheard a little," he admitted with a blush.

"Well I got to hand in this report to Hermes." Odie stood up. "I chat with you later."

"Ok," said Neil. He glanced at the two girls glaring at him. "WHAT?"

"You're being a TAD harsh?" Theresa said. Atlanta sighed.

Herry came out of the locker room with wet hair. "What's going on?"

"Oh I'm getting grilled by the ladies," Neil mumbled.

"We heard about the test," said Theresa.

"It's a dozy of a test too." Atlanta put her hands on her hips.

"Tell him," said Theresa.

"Julius has to face both Aries and Artemis at the same time." Atlanta sighed. "It's not what I expected."

"Well its better then not getting a chance at least," said Neil.

"You don't get it. It's ARES and Artemis!" grumbled Theresa. "Not Aphrodite!"

Atlanta nodded. "I wonder how Archie going to take it. "Darn good question," said Theresa.

"I guess we'll find out cause I think he's coming down the hall," said Neil. He heard footsteps and wasn't sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very sorry for being late on this chapter of the story. I had surgery and it took me some time to heal. As well to clear my head. I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story