Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > recovering my life

Hey Moon

by katycat 1 review

Ray gives Tammy a present after her first day at school.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-04-22 - Updated: 2012-04-22 - 977 words

1Original
Once the moron and I were both in the car Dad started to drive.
"How’d it go?" he asked
"Good actually. I think I now have four friends!"
"Blatantly paying them." Frank muttered
"Hush Frank! Just because she has more friends than you that does not give you a reason to be bitter!"
"I AM NOT BITTER AND I HAVE MORE THAN FOUR FRIENDS!!"
"Sureee Frank whatever you say!" Dad soothed.
"Besides one of Tammy's friends has a crush on me!" He exclaimed nodding like one of those dogs.
"EW. Who would want to fancy you?" Dad laughed "Tammy your friend clearly has no standards. Everyone knows I’m the most attractive guy in this band!"
"Actually stop talking." This was getting way to weird. We then both noticed that Frank had pulled out a hand mirror and was checking his reflection.
"Relax Frankie boy you're beautiful." I assured him knowing we wouldn't hear the end of it otherwise.
When we got home everyone was waiting for us.
"TAMMY'S BACK!!" Bandit shrieked excitedly before running over and throwing herself at me.
"MIKEY! YOUR BROTHER SAID I WAS EW!" Frank whined.
"Oh how could he?" Uncle Mikey replied sarcastically. "I mean what with your beautiful face and all that!"
"I KNOW RIGHT?!"
We then went back to ignoring Frank as is the best thing to do when he gets like this.
"So what did you think of the school?" Uncle Mikey asked.
"It was massive, way bigger than my old school!"
"And the teachers?"
"So far they seem okay but I haven't had all my lessons yet"
"Have you had science because when I was in school my science teacher hated me and would always pick on me and it was really mean!"
Dad decided to interrupt then. "Mikes that was because you were an annoying know-it-all in science."
"Shut up at least I did work at school!" he protested and turned back to me. "Your dad was terrible at school."
I laughed easily able to imagine that. Ray then came up and led me away.
"Me and Christa thought we would get you a little something as a kinda welcome present and we figured today would be a good day to give you it!" He said handing me a little bag. I opened it and gasped inside was a small golden chain with a little sun hanging on it. The sun seemed to shimmer in the light, it was beautiful!
"Wow thank you so much I love it!" I smiled almost tearing up. I then put it on and gave him a big hug before thanking him again. We then walked back to join the others and I very proudly showed off my new necklace.
"Good call!" Dad said to Ray who smiled and said thanks. Linds rushed over and exclaimed at how lovely the necklace was.
"It really suits you!"
"Thanks!" I replied. The evening carried on like that with lots of talking and guitar hero (I beat Uncle Mikey at his own song!) and just as they were all getting ready to leave Frank suddenly shouted.
"I know the BEST way to round off the evening!" we all groaned “A SPACE HOPPER RACE!!" Dad looked at me.
"Your turn Tammy." Nodding I walked over to Frank and gave him a hug which he immediately returned with gusto.
"THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING OVER TO SCHOOL TODAY!!" I gushed and it worked a treat, he completely forgot his previous suggestion and as he left the house we breathed a sigh of relief!
"I was worried there for a moment!" Linds said. I then felt a tugging on my arm and looked down to see Bandit.
"Will you read me a story Tammy?" she begged. I smiled at how cute she was.
"Of course I will B!"
And we walked up to her room and she got into bed while I sat beside her. She gave me a book which I looked at to see was Rapunzel. I started to read and after a while I noticed that she had dropped off, I couldn't help but notice how sweet she looked when she was asleep! I had never had a little sister before and it was new to me but I like it. It was nice having someone around who wasn't my age but wasn't an adult either. I then went downstairs and told Dad and Linds that I was going to bed and they hugged me and said night. Upstairs in my room I looked at my necklace, my own little sun. It looked so... happy and hopeful like how I was feeling, it was perfect. I smiled at my reflection I felt odd, content and was even looking forward to going to school tomorrow! How weird is that? I had music tomorrow which i was looking forward to especially since Alex had told me that the teacher was a complete flake and we were usually left to our own devices! We were all going round Amy's after school tomorrow and was looking forward to it. At my old school I had never really been that close to my "friends" since I had always found it difficult to relax around people, but now I was enjoying it and I was finally getting somewhere. I walked over to the window and looked out at the moon; smiling to myself I started to sing.

If all our life is but a dream
Fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me

And then she said she can't believe
Genius only comes along
In storms of fabled foreign tongues
Tripping eyes, and flooded lungs
Northern downpour sends its love

Hey moon, please forget to fall down
Hey moon, don't you go down

Sign up to rate and review this story