Categories > Original > Fantasy > A guardian tale

A guardian tale

by BLape 0 reviews

A lost continent.A destiny to be fullfilled.A boy searchign for his origins.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-03 - Updated: 2006-07-03 - 1980 words

1Insightful

Chapter one
When things are not so simple
He was just walking on a lone path in a nearby park. Alone as he did most of time, or at least when his sister was busy with her studies. And even if he was special in every aspect of his being, he could not have imagined what this solitary walk would bring into his life.
'Don't you think you could be a little nicer to us?' One of the boys shouted out. She was in trouble, but she wasn't afraid. Not yet. She knew their strengths as well as her own.
'I'll never be nice to some morons like you! Now just leave me or ...or else!' ' Or else what? Your brother and his friends will come to rescue this little princess?' The older boy stepped out from the group.
The girl looked at him just a little afraid for she knew that alone she would not be able to fight them all. Then suddendly a clear voice came from above.
'Why don't you pick on somebody your own size? '
As the group and the girl looked up, they could just barely see a boy of about 13, lying on a branch, his eyes closed and his hands behind his head. Lying like that, high up in the tree seemed to be the most natural thing for him.
'Who the hell... ', another of the boys shouted, while two others blocked the girl, who had been distracted by the newcomer.
'Why don't you leave her alone and go back to your caves' He spoke calmly, his eyes still closed, the boy completely relaxed.
'I do not take orders from a monkey.' The older boy spat onto the ground. Ignoring the words supplied by the newcomer, he moved closer the girl, taking out a knife from his pocket.
'I'm not a monkey... ', the boy from tree growled under his breath and without warning he jumped fearlessly down from the tree. With but a few quick and agile moves, already two of the boys were taken down. The girl could do nothing more but to observe. The boy moved almost like a wild animal and shortly after, all of the others were beaten. He moved towards the eldest one, lying barely conscious on the floor, and with a grin on his face he announced: 'I'm a wolf...'
Then he slowly turned to the girl, smiled and softly nodded to her: 'I think it is better to go.. They will not be a pleasant company, when they wake up' He helped her to pick her bike up. Not long after they headed for the city. They were both silent throughout their journey there. Only when they were already in the sight of the first buildings the girl turned to the boy:
'You... you saved my life... and I don't even know your name...' The boy smiled and and stretching he just answered: 'Thomas Anthony J. Nelson, but you can call me TJ'
The girl, also smiling, extended her hand: 'My name is Sara, TJ...' And as the two hands touched, they both blushed. It was TJ, the first one to break the connection.
' Nice... to... uh... meet you Sara...' Then turning towards the houses he added 'Well I think that from here on you are pretty safe, besides ...I have to get back... or my teachers will scowl at me again ' He sighed and turned ready to leave.
'TJ... please wait... teachers... are... are you here on a school trip or something?' 'Actually I'm here with my school for the horse riding championship. We will stay at a motel for about four days, I think...Maybe we will see eachother again...' And with those last words he broke into a run and in a blink of an eye, he was gone, out of sight.
Sara rested in silence. Then she looked into the direction where TJ disappeared to, and with a soft tone she murmured: 'Thanks TJ...'

'Will there ever be a day... just one SINGLE day... when you will be here ON TIME?!!!' TJ ducked a pillow thrown at him, by his sister.
'Take it easy sis... ', he yawned dodging a large book. His brother Oliver was reading a comic and did not pay much attention to the two.
'We had to cover for you, again. You know they could throw you out of the team... ' TJ streched and rubbed his stomach.
'I'm hungry'
Before she could strangle TJ with her bare hands, Elisabeth was stopped by Todd, their one year older cousin.
'No Lis... we do need him... calm down... dinner is ready...'
At the word dinner TJ made a big happy grin and dashed for the hall, followed by Oliver who still reading his book and Elisabeth who was by now dragging Todd behind her, still a little angry with her brother.
After they were back in their rooms, and Elisabeth calmed down, TJ was found on the bed looking at the ceiling with an absent on his face.
'Are you ready for tomorrow?' inquired Todd. 'Mhm ', was TJ's answer.
'So... Do you find it hard or easy?' 'Mhm' TJ replied again.
'She must be very nice.' Todd teased.
'Mhm... ',TJ supplied for the third time. Just then he realized what the question had been and nearly jumped off the bed. ' Hey, what?? ..I.. she.is... '
'Heeeyy' Todd grinned ' Sooo my little cousin is in love! '
'Guys, it's time to... TJ what?' Elisabeth had just entered the room and caught just the last few words.
'TJ? In love?! ' She looked at her brother 'I do hope he is wrong! ... You know...what... ' TJ jumped from the bed the second time and growled: 'I perfectly know what I am. I don't need to be reminded every fucking day of my life.. ' His breathing became faster and his eyes started to change their color from grey green tones to ones with a more of a red tint in them. 'TJ...I...' Elisabeth tried to say something, but it was too late. TJ was already gone, through the window, into the dark night.
The next day all of the kids, participating in the horse riding championship were at the stables, preparing for the competition.
'Good boy, Goliath' TJ spoke affectionately to his horse, a magnificent frisian stallion. 'You have a rather nice horse...'
T.J. turned around only to see that the voice so familiar was indeed coming from Sara.
'And how did you find out I was here...' T.J. was surprised yet pleased. 'Well...I took the newspaper this morning and well... there aren't many horse riding championships for schools. So I decided to look for you since... I... well... I didn't really thank you, for yesterday' Sara looked away her cheeks coloring the faintest of red. 'No need... really... ', TJ smiled still combing the horse
'Say... TJ... do you think you will have some free time later?' 'Not sure. Maybe... uhm... What about 7 o'clock tonight?' TJ asked. 'Great. So let's meet at 7 o'clock, right in front of the city park' Sara smiled happly. 'No problem! I'll find it for certain'
'So are you coming or we must send the national guard after you.' A voice was heard from behind.
'Don't worry Todd I'm on my way. Besides, this is Sara. And Sara this is Todd. One of my cousins.'
' Nice to meet you Sara. So you are the girl....'
'I think it's time to gather up our team and head for the pitch...' T.J. interrupted his cousin and began to walk him out.
'OK!!OK!! No need to be physical...'
Then just as TJ was pushing Todd through the door, he heard his name called, from the pitch. He looked at Sara 'I have to go now... but... at 7 i'll be there. '
Sara nodded and wished him good luck just when he jumped on the horse and headed for the

riding pitch.
At seven o'clock she was already waiting in front of the city park, where they've arranged to meet .
'Hope you didn't wait too long.' A familiar voice called out. 'No, absolutely not.' Answered Sara.
'So. Nice to meet you again. What about starting from the beginning. I'm Thomas Anthony J. Nelson. T.J. for short.' He extended his hand. Sara shook it and asked: 'And what does the J stand for?'
'It stands for Jason, the Greek hero. It's kind of a family tradition. And you? Your name is ...?' 'Sara Spenser.'
'So Sara Spenser, where are you going to take me tonight?' 'Firstly, what do you think about a nice slice of pizza?'
' Sounds great. I left the Hotel without having anything to eat and I'm actually starving.' TJ rubbed his stomach. Then, as they began to walk, Sara started the conversation. 'So you are a horse rider.'
'Yep. For my boarding school. ' 'Boarding school?'
'Yeah. It's called The Birmingham Royal College. And it's actually a very funny place.' 'How can a school be a funny place?' Asked Sara.
'It's hard to explain. You have to be there in order to understand.'
They went to a pizzeria and after the food, they headed to a museum, a game store, a comic book shop and finally the park again. They talked a lot, about what they liked, about family, about random things.
'So you have a brother, older or younger?' Asked T.J curiously. 'Actually he is my twin brother'
T.J. looked at her.
'Really? No kidding?' 'Yeah. Why...'
'Now, this is a very strange coincidence, but I also have a twin sister, Elisabeth, Lis for short.' 'So we are both twins.' Sara smiled. Than she asked ' And what about your parents? They must be very busy, leaving you in a boarding school...'
'I wish they were busy, but unfortunately my mother died giving birth to my sister and I. For what I'm concerned my so called father he abandoned me when I was still a child. He is probably on the other side of the planet doing his researches... but never mind...' He looked at Sara. In her eyes he could see both a touch of compassion and sadness. 'I'm sorry...I...'
'Com'on, it's been a long time since it happened. Besides I have a lot of friends and a bunch of cousins.' He smiled to her. Sara thought about. Thought about how a boy with such a painful past could be so happy and alive. The more time they spent together the greater their affection for each other grew.
After quite a great deal of time passed, T.J. walked Sara home.
'Thank you for the wonderful evening.' T.J.'s eyes were almost shiny in the light of the pale moon. His gaze fell upon Sara. She didn't move.
' It was a pleasure for me too.'
She moved even closer. They held each other's gaze. Finally Sara managed to gather the courage and leaned closer to T.J. It was barely more than a gentle kiss meeting his lips. At first, the kiss was accepted but then all of a sudden, he broke away.
'Sorry I didn't mean...' Sara thought that it had been her fault.
'No...No... Don't worry... It's... It's not your fault. It's... Only that... I know it's stupid and nonsense... But I know I'm falling in love with you...And I don't want to screw something up... Because it's not going to work...'
'T.J. relax...What are you talking about..' Sara was trying to calm him down. 'Sorry... but I have to go...' T.J. turned and ran away.
Sara stood there for a moment, trying to understand what just happened. Even if she knew T.J. only for a couple of hours, she could swear that she had known him for a lifetime. And then, after barely a moment or two, she whispered aswell : 'I'm falling in love with you too...'
Sign up to rate and review this story