Categories > Original > Romance

By Now

by Mad_World 0 reviews

Cobb realises how much Ariadne really means to him. Arthur/Eames. Dom/Ariadne.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-04-30 - Updated: 2012-04-30 - 917 words

0Unrated
So she had helped him get over some personal issues that had haunted him. She had helped him get back to his children. She had helped him get back to reality. How he repaid her? He destroyed her. Ariadne's life would never be normal, never again. He had destroyed the girl.

He knew what it was like, discovering such wonders, things that just couldn't exist in the real world. Being the creator. He had been hooked, so dangerously hooked that he'd always be checking his totem, relying on it to tell him the truth. He'd found her checking her totem constantly before the Fischer job. That worried him. It still did.

"Dom, talk to her yourself" Miles muttered idly as he marked some papers. "I would if I could. I don't want her to end up like me Miles. She's a bright girl and deserves to live a normal life" Cobb said pacing back and forth between the living room "I'd only make her question reality more" Cobb murmured to himself. He only ever brought darkness to people's lives.

"I'm sure she'd love to hear from you more" Miles replied smiling up at him, showing he had no intention of helping him out here. Cobb grunted as he left the living room. His phone vibrated.

"Hello?" Cobb answered
"Darling, Arthur says you have...uh.. been asking after a certain brunette student?" Eames replied from the end of the line
"Eames" Cobb sighed "I have no idea what you're talking about" Cobb said trying to play it off
"I believe you do dear chap" Eames chuckled "From what I hear, darling Ariadne is doing well. She meant a boy, some yahoo from uni" Eames continued nonchalantly
"Yeah?" Cobb asked trying to dial down the aggressiveness of his voice "That's... great" Cobb added feeling a sinking feeling
"I know" Eames agreed "However Arthur, he's not happy with me at the moment so don't tell him I called" Eames said his voice lowering
"Why? What did you do?" Cobb asked amused
"Me? Why do you assume I did something?" Eames asked sounding defensive but when Cobb didn't reply he let out a defeated sigh "Fine! I may or may not have ruined a puzzle of his" Eames mumbled
It was Cobb's turn to laugh at the Englishman. "Just apologise already. I have business to attend to" Cobb said making his mind up.
"Ariadne?" Eames asked
"None of your god damn business puzzle breaker" Cobb teased before hanging up.

"Where are you going?!" Miles called after him as he grabbed his jacket and keys. "Where do you think?" Cobb called back before leaving the house and driving (recklessly) to the university. So he may or may not have put a few pedestrians in a bad mood. But this was important. He parked carelessly, ignoring the shouts of protests from students.

He marched determined down the hallways of the university, unsure of where he would actually find Ariadne. So he wandered aimlessly hoping she would bump into him. When luck seemed to not be on his side, he had been close to giving up. Students were giving him 'who the hell are you and what are you doing here' looks. He chose to ignore them.

He heard her before he actually saw the girl. "Okay, okay. I'll see if I'm free later" Ariadne laughed as some boy grinned at her before walking away seemingly pleased with her answer. "Is that the uni yahoo Eames was on about?" Cobb asked amused as she spun around shocked and surprised. "Because I can tell you now... definitely not someone I picture you with" Cobb continued.

"I don't believe I told Eames I had a uni yahoo" Ariadne replied. "Well that's what he said" Cobb shrugged, secretly planning 100 different ways of killing him. "What are you doing here Cobb?" Ariadne asked raising an eyebrow, it was one of the many things he missed about her. "I came to see you" Cobb answered with a half-smile. "You can't do that! You can't just show up months later without calling" Ariadne protested suddenly looking displeased.

"I know" Cobb said raising his hands slightly "I know" Cobb repeated softly. Ariadne eyed him carefully. "I've got lesson in a couple of minutes" Ariadne said glancing at her watch "I'll see you around" Ariadne said as she closed her locker but he caught her wrist. "Don't do that" Cobb murmured in the half-full hallway "Don't leave" Cobb pleaded before pulling her to him. "I missed you" Cobb whispered "I haven't stopped thinking about you these past months. I wonder how you are. What you're doing. I didn't call because I didn't want to destroy you any more than I already have" Cobb explained.

"You haven't destroyed me" Ariadne said scrunching up her face. "I have though, I exposed you to dream sharing. Don't think I didn't notice you constantly checking your totem when you thought no one was looking" Cobb said, hating that she was trying to make him feel better. Ariadne averted her eyes. "Is this a dream?" She asked looking into his eyes. "No" He smiled.

He leant forward bringing his lips to hers. The age gap didn't bother him at that moment. This kiss was light. When he pulled away, her eyes opened. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I ruined your chances at a normal life" Cobb admitted. "You haven't" Ariadne said trying to comfort him. "I'm glad" He said before leaning in again.
Sign up to rate and review this story