Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Senseless Tragedy

by BeyondRedemption 0 reviews

Frerard. "My mind is poison, my mind is oblivion." Gerard Way is a 16yr old, stuck in a psychiatric unit, waiting for the sweet taste of freedom. 3 weeks later, he reaches the point of desperation ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-05-03 - Updated: 2012-05-03 - 1161 words

0Unrated
A/N: Rated R but may be NC17 later on in story.

Frerard. "My mind is poison, my mind is oblivion." Gerard Way is a 16yr old, stuck in a psychiatric unit, waiting for the sweet taste of freedom. 3 weeks later, he reaches the point of desperation and wonders to the edge, where he meets an annoying, childish, hyperactive, cunning and attractive young boy, who in time, may be Gerards only chance at survival.


Chapter One: The Hospital

The silence in the unit was actually painful. Everybody had gone out with their families, but I refused. I'm not leaving the security of the facility.
"So, how have you been?" My mother asked. Her smile said happy, her eyes said sad. I could tell she hadn't slept much since I've been here, 2 weeks and 3 days.
"Okay." I murmur, not looking her in the eyes. I was ashamed. Very ashamed. My mother didn't deserve this, she deserved a son who got good grades, who was athletic and had a good load of friends, not some anti-social lunatic locked up in a psychiatric hospital. I was born to save her marriage with my father, but just sent it into turmoil. They separated 10 days after my 7th birthday, I went to live with my dad for a year with my brother Mikey, but he got sick of me and my imaginary friends so he sent us both back to my mum, sending Christmas and birthday cards every year. My mum found it hard to bring us up by herself, I was selfish, arrogant, stubborn, cruel, everything she wished I wouldn't be.
"I've been good, too," She interrupted my thoughts, making a weak attempt at conversation. I nodded twice and got out my sketchbook, this was going to be a long couple of hours, I may aswell start to draw.
Less than two hours later, the unit burst into song. Ray was the first to walk in, grinning wildly whilst whistling along to a singing-out-of-tune Bob, who stumbled in behind him. They made there way over to where I was sitting, but I shot a glare back, warning them. They backed away quietly. The next few people were insignificant, I barely even noticed them. "I better be off then, love," My mum said, forcing a smile, "Mikey's missing you. Are you sure you don't want to see him?" I shook my head furiously. There was no way in hell my little brother was going to see me in this state. He always looked up to me, he said I inspired him and I was the perfect brother... Before I went over the edge, he got sent back to my dad. My mum didn't want him to see me deteriorate. He still has that image of me in his head, and no matter how much he begs to see me - he won't. Not until I'm better. Not until it's safe.
She walked away quickly and quietly, the way it went every other weekend.
"Gerard! Why didn't you turn up to therapy?" Dr Bale asked, a concerned look twisted on his almost-beautiful face. (Yes, he was very attractive.) Wasn't it obvious I was busy? My mother was here, I had a visitor, it would be rude to leave.
"My mum was here," I stated, picking up my sketchbook and attempting to vacate the area, but to my annoyance Dr Bale kicked his foot out and in one swift movement I was lying face down on the floor, "I'm pretty sure that's illegal!" I growled, picking myself up and wiping the dust from my jeans. I take back what I said about him being attractive, he was as ugly as his personality.
"Gerard. You know we can't release you until you atleast try to get better." He looked at me impatiently, when I didn't reply he made a long, over exaggerated sigh and walked off. Like he'd release me soon anyway, the reason I was in here in the first place is because there's something wrong with me. There's always been something wrong with me, my parents just didn't notice until it was too late. I have Social Anxiety Disorder, it started off just being anxiety attacks every so often, then it turned into every time I left the house. I couldn't go to school, I wouldn't. I also had "imaginary friends" as my mother calls them. She thinks I have something like schizophrenia or psychosis - I don't. I didn't like people so I created people to play with. I'm over that now. Oh, and I'm also "depressed" and "paranoid". Apart from that, I'm fairly normal. I don't belong here, in fact, I don't belong anywhere. How depressing.
I strolled towards the rooms, we weren't allowed there in the day, but I had some important business I needed to do.
I checked to see if anybody was around, before slipping through the open door and ran towards the locked rooms... I could still get in though, childsplay.
I took one of the small blue pills. Lying back on my bed and waiting for it to take effect. I knew these were the strong ones so it shouldn't take long.
As suspected, less than 45 minutes later I was overwhelmed with bright colours and a sense of empathy and emotional warmth, I sat upright and rested my head on the wall, the effects were just kicking in so I still had my mind... For now.
In 2 hours they were going to come round and unlock the rooms for us, they might even search.
I jumped off the bed and closed my eyes for a second, it felt like a dream. I stumbled over to where the box of pills were laid out and wrapped them up in a T-shirt, I then threw them in the closet under a big load of washing. This was way too easy, surely they would've realized by now? Ha. Idiots.
The next thing I knew, I was lying on the floor, grinning like a douche and clutching my face in my hands, everything is going to be okay.

A/N: I know it's kind of unrealstic, but it'll make more sense soon. I will also explain how Gerard gets his drugs, and Frank will be introduced in the next chapter.... Sorry if you found anything in this chapter offensive or triggering, I would advise you not to read on...
The next chapter should be very soon, hopefully you won't have to wait long c:
That's if anyone's actually reading... If you are PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW! I can't make it better until I know what's gone wrong, also if you rate it might make the new chapter come faster... wink wink
hahah sorry but yeah my English isn't that great, I might use words in the wrong context or get them mixed up... If that happens, I'm sorry, I will try to fix all the mistakes.
Oh and the next chapters WILL be longer! :3
Sign up to rate and review this story