Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 9

by KobraBlaze 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-03 - Updated: 2012-05-03 - 1708 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Hi. I hope this will turn out alright. I've had quite an unfortunate day which I won't blabber on about so I do hope it doesn't effect this chapter.

Chapter 9
Mikey's POV

I was nervous. I was excited. I was scared. I was all the emotions everyone has ever felt, all in one. But most of all I felt safe. I was with Pete. And I think I trusted him. He made me smile. He helped me when no one else would. Unless this is all some prank, I want this to last forever. Because I was with someone other than Gerard and Frank, who was my friend. And I think he actually cares.
Right now, we're sat on his soft couch waiting for the popcorn to pop in the microwave. Just talking like two friends. I like that word, friends. Because now I have 3-Well I've got Pete and Frank and Gerard if he isn't mad. But I'm sure he is. I mean I just told Frank that I'm going to some guys house. A guy who Gerard despises to the last.

But like Frank said, Gerard doesn't have to be friends with everyone who I'm friends with. See how I exaggerated with the word 'everyone'. That just shows how much I like to have a couple of people who actually care.

"So eh... Mikey, let's get to know you!" He announces with a smile beaming on his face. Making my semi-happy expression disappear as I hear what he says. He wants to get to know me. But there's not that much. Yet, a Hell of a lot that I'd rather to keep in than to take the chance and possibly ruin the friendship I had just started getting use to.

"W-Well, uh... What d-do want to know?" I ask, trying to keep my 'cool' because really I am that cool.

"Anything. Your family." Flinch. My family. Who are my family? Gerard and Frank. Nothing more or less.

I delay my answer by asking "What do you want to know about them?"

"I don't know. What your parents work at? What your brother is like?"

"Well, my brother is the best guy in the world I think. Sometimes he gets mad at me but I always frustrate him." I end, not knowing what else to say because well I can't describe my brother. I look up to him.
He has helped me all the years that I have been so awkward and fussy.

"Cool." He looks as if he is a little reluctant to believe it.
"And your parents? What are they like?"

"Uh... I don't live with them." I mumble quietly, hoping he will miss it and just carry on.

"Really? How come?". But he heard me. I shouldn't have said anything.

"Um... Well my father died just less than a year ago. And my brother and I decided to move out." I explain, leaving out all the reasons why which would probably be the end of the friendship.

"Oh, I'm really sorry Mikearoni! I didn't know."

"It's okay."

"Was your dad nice?"

I leave a hesitation that I'm sure he noticed but I just reply with a simple nod.
"That's good." He smiles at me despite of knowing that it was a lie.

After a few moments of him staring at me, not exactly intensely but enough to make me feel a little uncomfortable, he says "There's alot more to you than just though, isn't there?"

I tense up a little and don't reply because I really don't know how to.
So he just carries on.

"I just mean like, well you're so quiet and introverted but then sometimes you tend to just have a random outburst. And last year, it was like you just let everyone do whatever they wanted to you. Is that why you're so different?" He asks, making me tremble in my own skin. How am I to reply? Do I tell him everything and risk the friendship right now? Or do I just blow it off by telling him I dont know what he's talking about? He'd probably ask me again sometime though.

"Well, I just... I don't like getting beaten up..." I answer stupidly, making him chuckle.

"I don't think anyone really does Mikes. Look, just forget about it Mikearoni. It's making you shake. We'll just leave it" Thank God. "to another time." He finishes making me sigh. I knew he'd bring it up again another time.

I hear the microwave ding and Pete gets up to get the popcorn. I relax a little again knowing the discussion is over. For now.

He returns with a bowl full of salty popcorn, making my mouth water.
He plops down beside me, perhaps a little too close for my liking but I don't say anything. He turns the t.v. on and the movie comes on.

Halfway through, his arm is wrapped around me and cuddling me. I can't tell if I like it or not but I'll put up with it even though it's making me feel a little claustrophobic.
I feel myself heat up and I begin to sweat. I shake in his arms a bit and he immediately turns his attention to me.

"Mikes, you alright? What's wrong?" I continue to shake, unable to give coherent answer.
He stands up and passes me a glass of water.

"It's alright Mikey. It's okay. Y-You want to go to the bathroom to cool down or something?" He begins to panic a little and pulls me up into sort of a hug. I nod kind of and so he leads me to the bathroom with me hangining off him for support.

"It's okay Mikes. I gotcha. Just sit on the counter." He feels my forehead.

"Jesus, Mikey, you're burning up. One second." He wets a cloth with ice cold water from the sink and puts it on my forehead and dabs the rest of my face with it.

"You okay now?" He asks so worried that I feel sick from making him so worked up. I do feel better and my temperature goes down. It scared me. I don't know what happened. It was like all the contact and stuffiness made me feel stuck and I got a little worked up.

I nod and take a drink of water. "That's it now. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah..." I mange to say, obviously too weak sounding to make him satisfied. Probably just aswell because I feel like I'm just gonna fall asleep. Right here.

"I'm tired..." My eyes droop down and I yawn.

"C'mon... Let's go to sleep. Sure you're not hungry or anything?" He fusses, taking me Ito his arms.

"Mhmm."

"You're so light Mikey." He says as he carries me up to his room and lays me down on the bed. Well, really, it's all moving to fast for me but I can guess I'm lying on a bed.
"Wanna get out of your clothes? It'd be a bit uncomfortable." He says quietly. Yet I hardly have the energy to move. But still I know I should change.

"M'kay..." I reply sleepily and I stand up staggering over a bit and he laughs a little.
"But uh..., I don't have anything to sleep in." I say realising what kind of situation I'm in. Sleeping half naked like I do at home or else wearing one of his tops. Neither of which I'm too keen on.

"It's okay. I don't usually wear a top." He replie calmly, like there's nothing wrong with the situation. I guess for most normal guys there isn't anything wrong with it.
So as he undresses, I slip off my skinny jeans and t-shirt.
And then I slip under the covers again, sitting up to take a drink.

He comes back and looks a small bit shocked and sympathetic at the same time. Then I realise he can see my scarred and bruised body which I cover quickly up again and I shut my eyes tight, cursing myself that I let him see my disgusting looking body.

"Mikes, what were all those marks from?" He says, guessing himself.

"Uh... Just when... I-I'd get hit and stuff..." I trail off quietly, hoping he wouldn't hear me.

"Oh Mikes, I'm sorry. I never knew it was that bad. Do you need anything for them? Like cream or something? That cut looked pretty sore." He offers so thoughtfully. It it's the last thing I want. His talented, apparently bass-playing (I guess from the bass in the corner) fingers on my pale, yet coloured with green-and-purple-y/black-bruises skin. Just to make it feel okay. But he shouldn't have to deal with that. He shouldn't even have to care about it. It's not his problem.

"No... I'm okay. I promise." I say, shaking my head vigorously.

"Are you sure?" He walks over to me slowly and gently lifts back the duvet as far as my waist to examine the marks and trace his fingers over them despite my pleas of 'dont's and 'no's.
I whimper a little when his soft fingers glide over a cut along my skin exposing my rib bones.
I can't take this much touching for much longer.

"Mikey, I think you should at least cover them up with someting o-"

"Please don't, I'm fine, honestly!" I say desperately wanting him to just stop.

"Shit! Sorry Mikes, I didn't realise you were so uncomfortable. Sorry."

He lies down beside me and looks over at me.
"Mikey. I'm really sorry for making you feel that way. Just know that you can talk to me about anything, whenever you like. You know that yeah?"

I nod, suddenly feeling too tired to open my mouth.
He smiles as my sight begins to fade as my heavy eyelids drop and I fall asleep. In the company of almost-practically a stranger.


But I think I can trust him.


More so than Gerard almost.


And I feel guilty for that.



*



Thank you for reading. I hope it was alright. Please leave a review of what you think and rate. I was going to say something else but I've forgotten so it obviously wasn't important... Because this shit is just soooo important!!! :) Thanks for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story