Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Re-run

Chapter 1-5: books 1-4

by selenepotter 1 review

someone goes back in time to change to the timeline in Luna Lovegood's body.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Erotica, Humor, Romance - Characters: Harry, Luna - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-07-03 - Updated: 2006-07-03 - 2488 words - Complete

2Funny
Harry Potter is owned by JK Rowling



Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Chapter 1: before Hogwarts



"speech"



(thoughts)



{thoughts}



[thoughts]







________________________________________________________________



"MOMMY!"



She had returned to the worst moment of her life. Of all the deaths she had witnessed over the years, this one had hit her the hardest. Her mother lay on the floor, dead, a sword of icy fire protruding from her chest.



(Mommy!)



{Focus! Focus! We've got to get it before it disappears}



(Mommy!)



She grasped the sword and pulled it out of her mother. She held it a moment to examine it before it dissolved.



(Mommy!)



[Baby?]







{Calm down everyone. I will explain.}





It was a nice sunny summertime day as 8-year-old Luna Lovegood walked past the Diggory's house to the Burrow. She knocked on the door and when Mrs. Weasley answered, Luna said: "Can Ginny come out and play?"



"Certainly, come right in and I will get her for you," replied Mrs. Weasley.





8-year-old Harry Potter was walking by the park when he spotted a blonde girl, about his age, sitting on a see-saw by herself.



"Will you come see-saw with me?" said the girl.



Harry looked around to make sure that Dudley's gang was no where near by before answering: "Sure. I'm Harry Potter, who are you?"



"My name is Luna Lovegood. Pleased to meet you"



Harry and Luna had a lot of fun on the see-saw and swings before Harry had to go home and make supper for the Dursleys.





Dear Professor Dumbledore,

I have recently come into my powers as a seer and have decided to share some of my insights with you. Sirius Black is innocent. The real secret keeper of the Potters was Peter Pettigrew, an illegal animagus who faked his own death and is currently hiding out as the pet rat of Percy Weasley. Also Barty Crouch Jr. has escaped Azkaban and is currently being kept under the Imperious Curse by his father.



Sincerely,

Luna Lovegood



She also sent a copy of this letter to Crouch Sr.'s arch-rival in the ministry, Undersecretary Cornelius Fudge.





Luna and Ginny were playing snatch the snitch in the Burrow's back yard. The game consisted of catching a special silver snitch enchanted to fly no more than three feet off the ground. She had forgotten how much fun playing could be. For the past few weeks Luna's days had consisted of getting up early, practicing with her sword until noon. Then, every other day, she would play with Ginny. The other days she would catch the knight bus over to the park near Harry's so that she could play with him. She had become quite close friends with both Harry and Ginny.



A stranger stepped out of the house followed by Mrs. Weasley. He walked up to Luna and said: "I'm told that I have you to thank for my freedom. I'm Sirius Black."



"Pleased to meet you Mr. Boardman," said Luna, shaking his hand with a wink.





It had been a fairly routine day for Harry Potter. After supper he had washed the dishes and then was locked into his closet under the stairs for the night, when something extraordinary happened. There was a knock on the door! He heard his Uncle Vernon wondering who it could be this late at night as he went to answer the door. Then silence.



"Let us pretend that you have invited us in," said an elderly sounding man.



Harry heard footsteps coming closer.



"Let us also pretend that you have also offered us a seat," said the old man.



Harry heard the couch scooting back a forth across the floor.



"First some introductions," said the old man. "My name is Albus Dumbledore. I am the one who left young Harry on your doorstep and this is Harry's Godfather, Sirius Black."



"Does this mean you're come to take the boy off my hands?" said Uncle Vernon hopefully.



"No. After some discussion, Albus convinced me that it would be best for Harry to remain with you living as normal a life as possible until he is older," said another man.



"In fact, until the proper time, I think it would be best if Harry were to remain totally ignorant of our world," said Dumbledore.



"But still, I would like to start sending Harry Birthday and Christmas presents and when he enters our world, although he will be spending most of the summers with you. I would like him to stay with me for at least part of the summer," said Black.





The next day Harry told Luna about the strange conversation he had overheard.



"What do you think they meant by "our world"?" asked Harry. "Oh god! Maybe their aliens and I some sort of half human hybrid!"



"Maybe they're wizards and someday you go off to wizard school to learn how to be a wizard," suggested Luna.



"Nice try, but we both know there's no such thing as magic," said Harry.



"We do?" asked Luna. "Oh. Let's go play on the swings!"



Chapter 2: Philosopher's Stone

"speech"

(thoughts)

{thoughts}

[thoughts]

Dear Professor Dumbledore,

Professor Quirrel, the new Defence against the Dark Art teach you have hired is possessed by Lord Voldemort. A simple levitation charm on his head will reveal that Tom is growing out of the back out Quirrel's head.

Also, if you do not tell Harry Potter about the prophesy by the end of the year, then I shall tell him next year when I arrive at school.

Sincerely

Luna Lovegood

Dumbledore arranged for Professor Quirrel to arrive a Hogwarts a week early. When Quirrel timidly walked into the great hall a dozen Aurors were waiting for him, spread out in all corners of the room. When Quirrel got to the center of the room, Dumbledore levitated his turban, revealing the hideous face growing out of the back of his head. In the ensuing battle five Aurors were killed and Quirrel body had to be destroyed before Voldemort could be banished from Hogwarts.

Sirius Black became the Defence against the Dark Arts teach for that year. As much Sirius liked getting to know his godson better. He found that deep in his heart of hearts, he hated teaching and he asked Dumbledore to find a new DADA teacher for next year.

Chapter 3: Chamber of Secrets



"speech"



(thoughts)



{thoughts}



[thoughts]







~parseltongue~





This year Luna and Ginny were starting at Hogwarts. To get ready, they went to get their school supplies together. Harry was very surprised when Luna walked into the Burrow.



"Luna! You're a witch?" gasped Harry.



"I told you that you were a wizard when we were eight" replied Luna.



At Diagon Alley, shopping was uneventfully until they reached the bookstore. First Harry was made a spectacle of by their new DADA teacher Gilderoy Lockhart, then they had a confrontation with Lucius Malfoy. When he grabbed Ginny's transfiguration book and made disparaging remarks about its' secondhand nature, Luna put her own book into Ginny cauldron saying: "Here Ginny, you can have mine. I don't mind second hand books"



She then ripped the transfiguration book from Lucius' hands taking care to take the Riddle diary with it.



{Got it!}





When Luna sat on the stool and the sorting hat was placed on her head it said:



"Interesting - Most interesting - It's pretty crowded in there - I see plans with plans, schemes within schemes"



[Just put me in Ravenclaw. You know I belong there]



{No! Wait! Put me in Gryfindor. I can help Harry better from there.}



"I'm afraid there is only one place for you, and that is SLYTHERIN!"



"WHAT!" Screeched Luna



"Looks like I managed to catch the seer by surprise," chuckled the hat.







With resignation, Luna shuffled over to the Slytherin table and sat between two first years.



"Hi, I'm Stan Benford and this is Amanda Addams" said the boy next to her. "Looks like we're in the snake house now."







After Ron and Harry were punished by Professor McGonagall for crashing into the whomping willow, Ron was sent to Gryfindor Tower while Harry was sent straight to Dumbledore's office.



"Come in Harry," said Dumbledore as Harry approached the door. "Have a seat. Sherbert Lemon?"



"No thank you," said Harry. "Look, Professor, I'm sorry about the whomping willow!"



"It's not the manner of you arrival that has cause me to call you here but rather this," said Dumbledore as he picked up a small glass sphere from off his desk.



Within the sphere was a young woman who recited:



"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies...and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power that the Dark Lord knows not...and either must die at the had of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies.."



"This was a prophesy that was made about you and Voldemort," said Dumbledore. "I had hoped to wait until you were older so that you would have time to enjoy your childhood. But unfortunately, another seer has forced my hand. I believe you know miss Lovegood?"



Harry nodded numbly. It was a lot to take in.





In the first week of school there was a hazing incident in which Luna broke the nose, leg and dislocated the ankle of a seventh year student, Roy Rangnor.



Also during that week Dumbledore came back to his office to discover that someone somehow slipped into his office and left the smoldering ruins of Tom Riddle's diary on his desk with a note.



This was one of the seven horcruxes of Tom Riddle.







After it was revealed the Harry was parseltongue, Luna went to the headmaster and revealed that she knew how to enter the Chamber of Secrets, but that they would need a parseltongue to gain entrance and subdue the basilisk inside. This was how Luna and Harry found themselves being escorted by three adults to the girls bathroom. Amongst them were the Care of Magical Creatures instructor, Hagrid the gamekeeper and a Miss Grubblyplank.



"In order to open it, Harry need to say "Open" in parselspeech," said Luna.



~Open!~ hissed Harry.



The lavatory slid away revealing a large hole in the floor.



"Some stairs would be nice, Harry," said Luna.



~Stairs?~ hissed Harry.



A spiral staircase appeared in the shaft allowing them easier access. They descended the stairs and came to an ornate door covered with serpentine carvings.



~Open?~ said Harry.



The inner door to the Chamber of Secrets unlocked and opened allowing them entrance.



"Okay Harry, I need you to yell out: close your eyes, keep them closed and come to me," said Hagrid.



~Close your eyes, keep them closed and come to me~



All five of them were careful to keep there own eyes shut as they had been told when they heard the sound of the basilisk's approach. Hagrid stepped forward holding aloft a shield, which had been previously enchanted as a portkey.



"Now tell him to touch his nose to the shield, said Hagid.



~Touch your nose to the shield,~ hissed Harry



As soon as the serpent touched the shield, he vanished as he was transported to a basilisk preserve in the South Pacific.





"Harry, could you do me a favor?" asked Luna.



"Sure Luna, what's up?" said Harry.



"Some of my fellow first years and I are concerned about Defense class," said Luna. "We're afraid that we'll fall behind while that idiot Lockhart is teaching us."



"I never thought of it that way before," said Harry. "I could fall behind too"



"Exactly. This is why we are forming a Defense Association to teach our selves Defense Against the Dark Arts. We were hoping that you and some of the other second year students would help us?" said Luna.



"Sure Luna, sounds like a good idea," said Harry. "But where will we practice?"



"How about the Chamber of Secrets?" asked Luna. "Now that the basilisk is gone it should be perfectly safe."



"Brilliant! We'll meet in the girl's lavatory tomorrow night," exclaimed Harry.







The initial members of the Defense Association were Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Susan Bones, Hannah Abbot, Terry Boot, Stan Benford, Luna Lovegood, and Amanda Addams. It was not long after they began practicing the Chamber of Secrets that they found Salizar Slytherin's hidden library. It was filled with Parseltongue books. Although only Harry could read them, he shared the knowledge he gained with the others and their knowledge grew by leaps and bounds.









Authors note: For more on Slytherin hazing practices see my other fic: Dursley: the Next Generation.



Chapter 4: Prisoner of Azkaban



"speech"



(thoughts)



{thoughts}



[thoughts]







~parseltongue~





The big news at the beginning of the summer was that Peter Petegrew had escaped from Azkaban. As a result, dementors were stationed at Hogwarts and Remus Lupin was hired to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts. Harry knew Professor Lupin well, as he had seen him often over the past two summers when visiting his godfather, Sirius Black.



Because Harry knew him well, the existence of the D.A. was revealed to Lupin, and he agreed to teach its' members extra lessons that were beyond their level.



The presence of the dementors gave Harry incentive to learn the Patronis Charm and Luna pretended to pick it up just as easily.



At the end of the year, since Petegrew had not been seen at Hogwarts, the dementors were withdrawn.

Chapter 5: Goblet of Fire



"speech"



(thoughts)



{thoughts}



[thoughts]







~parseltongue~





Her third year went pretty much as Luna remembered it. The first thing she did in Defense class was too assure herself that Mad-eye Moody was who he appeared to be. Then, she approached him about giving extra lessons to the D.A.



Lucius Malfoy made an appearance at the school. Everyone suspected that he had come to submit his son's name into the Goblet of Fire. While this was true, what no one suspected was that he had also come to submit Harry's name as the Champion of the School of Hard Knocks.



Still, the Tri-Wizard Tournament went on just as she remembered it until the finale'. Without Barty Crouch to Imperio Krum, the third task ended with Harry and Victor entering the center of the maze at the same time, Fleur and Cedric, hot on their heals. Harry and Victor both grabbed the Tri-Wizard cup at the same instant and vanished! When they re-appeared Harry was clutching the dead body of Victor Krum. In spite of Luna's best efforts, Lord Voldemort was back!
Sign up to rate and review this story