Categories > Original > Horror

Angel Moon: Risen

by Nemo_xo 0 reviews

Sequel to Angel Moon

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Published: 2012-05-08 - Updated: 2012-05-08 - 1328 words

0Unrated
Play: Glitter In The Air ~ P!nk

The warm summer evening brought a rosy glow to the edge of the lake, the waters glowed orange and pink upon reflecting the colours of the darkening sky, and crickets sang from the distant fields. I looked up at the sky through heavy eye lids, the stars shining weakly minutes before sunset as they always did. Every night I sat with him beneath the willow tree on the edge of the great lake, curled up in his arms and fearful of only when the full moon rose. He dozed quietly, just resting his eyes, he said. Sat across his lap, I stared up at him, at his eyes, waiting for them to open once more just to see a flash of the palest blue. He was beautiful, not vampire beautiful but, human beautiful. Golden brown hair, classically good looking features, a beautiful stare and lips that always curved into a perfectly effortless smile. There was certainly something of the wolf about him.

The country side was quiet this time of year, which was why we lived here so peacefully. I saw the little dwelling in my head, a greying victorian house on a large estate far from any disturbances. Or, for that matter, people to disturb. Then I thought of Charlotte and Lena, and a jealous twist came to my thoughts as I thought of them fauning over him. I pushed my face to his chest in defeat. He loves you, he says so.

But never even a peck on the cheek was exchanged. We slept in the same bed but it meant nothing to any one. Stop pretending. He's kissed Charlotte, it was a long time ago and only once but that was more than I could have wanted. He could tell I was moping, even when half asleep. He smiled slightly, holding me closer for a second.

"What's the matter, sugar?" he muttered, his eyes still closed.

Hanley James Merrik, I love you, now kiss me you fool.

"Nothing, I'm just tired. It's too warm tonight." I muttered back, trying to hide everything. My heart beat faster, wondering if he could read my mind. Could he do that? I had no clue.

"You're gonna have a heart attack if you keep lying like that." he chuckled softly, making a low roaring sound deep within his chest, I felt it against my cheek and blushed a little. "Why are you so nervous? Not afraid of me, are you?" His voice was always so rich and beautiful, I found it hard to answer.

"No, I..." and I trailed off, not being able to think of anything to say, at least anything he'd believe. A low growl came from his chest, it spoke impatience and the sudden increase in volume startled me, and I shook. Throwing me away from him, he then pinned me to the ground, giving another growl before dissolving into laughter at my wide eyed look. It broke me as well, a smile appearing as I laughed too, my heart getting over it's skipped beat. He tickled my ribs ruthlessly, making me squeal and try to scramble away from him. I turned over, crawling away low to the ground, and ran to the other side of the trunk of the enourmous willow tree. I leant against it, smiling brightly as I caught my breath. Peeking around, I couldn't see him heading for the tree, and his hot breath on my cheek made me squeal with childish fright, he had a habit of sneaking up on me that I wasn't too fond of. His laugh rang out again, and he held me close to his chest, hugging me against the tree.

"Afraid of me now?" he smiled, looking down at me, so care free and unworried by the troubles I had to face. He rounded on me, closer and closer until we were almost nose to nose, a mock frown on his face. He played this as a joke, for me to laugh at, but I longed right now to be able to avert my eyes from his, stare at his smooth lips for just a moment and just kiss him. A gentle smile made his eyes light up, and he said quietly, "I love you, okay?"
But then I thought,

Why can't I? What on earth is stopping me? Cassandra, if you don't do this you'll be spineless for ever and you won't forgive yourself.

And so I did. Cupping his beautiful face in my hands, I kissed him quickly, gently, and then curled up against the tree, waiting for a judgement. He seemed frozen to the spot for a second, blinking repeatedly in disbelief. His mouth moved, trying to make words but they wouldn't work. He stopped, taking a deep breath before saying anything. Upon exhaling, he relaxed, the sigh leading to a small smile. "Don't ever hide anything from me ever again."

"I won't." I muttered, looking up at him from beneath my long blonde hair, most of which was now in my eyes. He swept my hair from my face, and I blushed at his stare. "Still love me?" I said feebly, half joking, but a nervousness threatened to rip my heart in two. This moment felt like make or break. I wouldn't be able to stand him distancing himself from me, exchanging awkward glances and speaking as little to me as he did to Charlotte. I waited with held breath to witness it all go wrong.

"Now, you say that like I could ever stop." He said matter-of-factly, his eyebrows raised and a gentle mocking smile appeared. When I didn't smile back, he gave a small laugh, placing his hands on my shoulders and shaking me gently with every syllable of the three words. "I. Love. You. Think about all the times I've said that to you, ever. You never say it back. You just say 'I know, Hanley'. I'm not a mind reader. Just say it once and that's all I ever want."

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you.

But the words wouldn't escape my thoughts and wouldn't escape my mouth. He stared at me, and then rolled his eyes.
"Jesus, do I have to help you make up your mind?" he muttered, and kissed me hard, my back pushed flat against the tree due to his strength. I felt the bark dig into my shoulders, and slapped my hands against his chest, he let me go quickly for fear of hurting me. He was taller, stronger, and was well muscled, even for a fully grown werewolf, he could snap me like a twig.

"That's nearly classed as assault!" I squealed, frowning.
"Would you mind doing it again?" he said quickly, raising an eyebrow, a smart little smile on his face. I thought about it, not being quite able to stop my little smirk.
"Well no..." I muttered, blushing pink, not able to meet his gaze.

"Then say it to me." His words were soft, gentle, yet with a hint of restlessness that was unlike him. His eyes bright, an expectant boyish smile on his face that was infectious. "Come on, just say it."

"Hanley, I..." I couldn't look at him, I blushed red, my heart pounding. Just say it for God's sake. "I love you."

~

"Cassandra? Cassandra, have you been crying?" I was brought out of my bittersweet memory by Zane calling my name. Cold tears on my face made me shiver as I stared out at the grounds. I could have sworn I'd only just seen... No, I was going crazy. The grieving throughout the castle had recalled things that I wanted forgotten. I wiped the tears away quickly, not turning to meet his gaze.
"I'm fine. I just, never mind. I didn't know him, why should I feel like this?"
"As long as you're sure-"

"Yes, I am. Can you leave please?"
Sign up to rate and review this story