Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Solemn Ties

Classes

by leighanna 1 review

HermioneDraco: Hermione has a strange secret, and accidently spills it to the least suspecting character, Draco. He is scared for her, but what awaits them both around the next turn?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Draco, Hermione - Warnings: [!] [Y] - Published: 2006-07-03 - Updated: 2006-07-04 - 1254 words

0Unrated
AN: Well, it has been a while, no? I suppose I could tell you tales from all across the world... yet, surprisingly you may not believe them. Oh well, it will be a nice try.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione walked carefully down the hallway, careful not to make a sound. She had seen Dra- no Malfoy staring at her at the feast, pondering, she knew, on her bruised face. Of course, it wasn't her fault she forgot about the charm once she reached Hogwarts. Anyone would understand why, of course that is only assuming that they actually... knew.

Flashback

A tapping noise sounded on the train compartment's window. Hermione looked to see an owl perched on the ledge apparently having a difficult time keeping up with the train. She unlocked the hatch and once the bird had flown in, she took the roll of parchment from it.

Dear Daughter,

Your father and I have some great news! It is finally time for our true colors to shine. Your brother, Jacob, will be coming to Hogwarts this year with you as a transfer student from the school where he has been training. No doubt, he will be there the second day of your term. Please make him welcome wherever he is sorted. A true master is fitting for the wizarding world.

Yours truly,

Mother


Hermione placed the letter in her lap, her heart beating loudly in her chest. /Jacob... no.../ The doors to her compartment opened and her best friends came in. She turned away from them before they could see her and pretended to sleep and cover her tears.

End Flashback

She stopped and placed the charm, it was a wonder no one else had noticed. Continuing down the hall, Hermione found her way to her dormitory. She then nodded to her friends that had gotten there before her and went to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco arrived at his dormitory before the others in his house showed up. He sat by the fire that could only do so much in this sad common room and thought about the new teachers. Who were they? In addition, why did Dumbledore just now decide to bring them in? And more importantly, what could they do?

Slowly, the others in his house trickled in and assembled in front of the fire. Snape had finally come and just in time, for Draco was sneering at his fellows and ready to leave. Snape raised his hands to quiet them; slowly smiling as he only did within the confines of his house.

"First, I would like to welcome the first years to their new home. You should know that while in this house you will not fight with your housemates nor dabble about when you could be doing something useful," at this point his smile turned to a sneer. "Know that your weaknesses are just that, weaknesses, or you can sort yourselves into Hufflepuff. If you have any problems with something you can not solve by yourself, you may come to me," He finished his speech with a flourish and when the clapping had subsided (they knew better than not to clap) he began again. "Sixth and Seventh years will be subject to at least two more classes. The third will be for select few. There is hand-to-hand combat, wandless magic, and the third, which will be explained in further detail after those of you worthy of the class, have been chosen."

Snape stepped down with a sweep of his robes and left. Draco was intrigued by the strange classes. What could the third be? He shrugged and nodded to his friends, going to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Wooooooooooooooh Time BREAK)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"BRRRRING, BRRRRRRING, BRRRRRRRRI!" "CRASH!" Draco moaned and sat up slowly getting out of bed. He stumbled while rubbing his face, to the boys' showers. Halfway out the door the alarm went off again. He groaned again and walked slowly back to the table.

"Bloody Hell, make it SHUT UP!" Blaise, a black-haired, slightly tall male shouted from his bed.

"Well if you'd get your lazy arses up, it won't go off!" Draco mumbled loudly to his dorm mates as the other two sat up in their beds. He shut the alarm off and once again made his way to his hot shower.

/I wonder what will happen today./ He thought. It certainly seemed like the day for many surprises. It felt like it. He dressed and made his way down to breakfast with his friends. Of course, as soon as he sat down Granger walked in. /Merlin, she still looks like Hell./ Though at least the bruise was well covered. Or it had healed. You could never know with witches. He grabbed some fruit, as was proper, and contentedly snuck a few bites of sausage.

"If I may have your attention please," A voice called and Draco looked up to see Dumbledore twinkling at his seat. "Today is a great day, for today we have a transfer among us, his name is Jacob Granger." /Not a nice combination... Wait.. Granger?!/
"Today will be his first of many here at Hogwarts, please welcome Master Jacob to our humble academy. I believe it is also time to point out that the Granger line is indeed an old thought to be extinct pureblood family."

A man /I saw him before. Wait, is that why Granger looks so pale?/ walked into the Hall with a wicked smile on his face. He had short brown hair and a princely figure. /A master.../ He smiled to Dumbledore and then to his sister and walked without a sound to her side, sitting there. His smile was indeed wicked. Yet unnoticed by everyone else, Granger, or Hermione, looked increasingly ill. He wanted to do something. However, this was Granger, but also a pureblood. What would his father say?

As soon as his schedule arrived, Draco noticed a blank spot where one of his classes should be. However, when he looked closely he could see words lying faintly underneath the white of the line, directions. He looked up and noticed that by the faint color in Hermione's cheeks and the twisting of the hair around her finger, she also had figured it out. She stood and shrugged off Jacob's look. /He seemed mad about that/ Draco thought as he watched Jacob's face twist into a snarl. Their class was first period and it didn't look like Jacob had it. Draco followed her from the hall and each of them followed different sets of directions to their class, high up in the towers. He followed behind her once more as she walked in. He felt a strange tingling emotion spread on his finger until it stopped and on it was a... ring. He frowned, but sat in one of the seats towards the middle and waited.

Soon, a teacher walked in grinning. She was a tall woman with bright blue eyes and robes the color of the sea. She surveyed each of the students, nodded and sat down behind her desk, "Welcome students to your first class of the semester. My name is Mrs. Falin, and I would like to welcome you to the first of four weeks of the Mystery Class. These weeks we will learn the sacred art of Sex Magic."

The relaxed smile faded from Draco's face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: I s'pose that is all for now, but seriously... A Beta... Anyone? Just mention it in a review if you would be so kind and I will contact you. Tata Friends. Five2Ten and I will update :)
Sign up to rate and review this story