Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From Secrets And A Scarlet Sky...

Once Upon A Disaster

by BleedingValentine 3 reviews

A trip gone badly wrong, but a ray of sunshine at the end.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-05-07 - Updated: 2012-05-16 - 1832 words - Complete

5Funny
Here it is, the story that has been auditioned for. I hope everyone enjoys it, I have so many plans for this and I will try and update as much as I can. Thank you very much for reading.

Chapter One; Once Upon A Disaster

It was finally the start of summer. Sunshine beat down at the docks, reflecting off the calm blue seas and off the white reflective sides of the cruise ship waiting for it’s passengers. A good few hundred people were gathered there, half of them carrying suitcases and wearing cheesy holiday gear, the other half weeping into hankies and waving goodbye to their friends and relatives.

“Hurry up Mikey, we’ll miss the freaking boat!” One of the holiday goers, a tall, skinny boy with floppy brown hair grinned at his elder brother and continued to loiter behind.

“We’re not going to be late, Gee, stop worrying.” Gerard Way rolled his eyes and shook his floppy black hair out of his face.

“Mikey, we only have twenty minutes. Hurry up!”

“Gerard, calm down, it’s going to be fine,” said Gerard's best friend, Frank Iero. Gerard looked down at his minuscule friend and a small smile crept up on the side of his face. The last guy of their group, Ray Toro, wasn’t actually anywhere to be seen, presumably being the sensible one and actually got his arse on board like they should have done ten minutes ago.

“Mikes, if you don’t hurry the hell up I will tip you overboard when you finally do get on.”

“Wouldn’t that just be a waste of my time? I could just not get on at all...” Gerard huffed and glowered at Mikey.

“If you dare...”

“Gee, calm down!” said Mikey, speeding up to join them. Gerard just glowered and stalked off towards the ship.

“Gerard...” Frank sighed. Mikey raised his eyebrows at him.

“Who took his candy?”

“You know how Gee always gets uptight about organizing things, soon as we’re on that ship he won’t give a damn.”

Sure enough, when Mikey and Frank had finally got on board, Gerard was smiling like he hadn’t since they’d left for this stupid trip. He’d found Ray and they were leaning against the rails in the only shadowy bit on board, trying to spot their families to say goodbye.

“What do you intend on doing when we get to... wherever it is?” asked Ray. Gerard shrugged.

“Dunno. Whatever happens when we go on a cruise ship I guess.”

“As long as we don’t die in the process,” said Mikey. The other three looked at him. “What? I checked the forecast and the dude said that there would be a storm. There’s my reason for not wanting to go on this stupid trip, what if we die?”

“Don’t say that, Mikey,” shuddered Ray. His worst fear was drowning in large bodies of water.

“And when have weathermen ever been reliable? Does that look like storm weather to you, Mikey?” asked Gerard, gesturing at the cloudless sky.”

“No, but...”

“So stop worrying, you’re just gonna scare Princess Fro-Fro over here,” said Frank, grinning at Ray. He glared back.

“I’ll feel safe when we’re back on flat ground, which won’t be for another twenty four fucking hours so you’ll just have to put up with me now that Mikes has gone and said that,” he said.

“You didn’t have to come along, you know, I know that this sorta thing freaks you out,” said Gerard, but Ray shrugged it off.

“No, it’s cool. If Mikey just happens to be right I will quite happily kill you, but as you said, weathermen aren’t exactly reliable.”

The ship’s foghorn blared and a cheer rose up from the people on board. Frank imitated jumping up and down in excitement, causing everyone else nearby to laugh.

“Okay Ray, if we die, you have permission for you to kill me,” said Gerard, grinning. Ray just rolled his eyes and stalked off to find the bar.

The ship was steaming steadily across the ocean, leaving a thick trail of foam behind them and leaving the mainland behind very quickly. The cool ocean wind combatted the warm, humid air, the sun beat down happily and a few fluffy clouds had just appeared in front of them. Mikey sat down on one of the benches watching the sky and closed his eyes. Gerard had a point, he thought. It doesn’t look like storm weather at all...
____________________

Boy was he wrong.

All of them jolted awake in the middle of the night in their cabin, and couldn’t figure out why until the room lurched sideways and Gerard fell out of bed,

“What the fuck?” He clambered to his knees and stumbled to the porthole, glad that the furnishings were attached to the wall so that he could hold onto them.

“What is it, Gee?” asked Mikey, rubbing his forehead where a suitcase had gone flying and hit him.

“It’s a storm.”

It sure was. Nothing was visible through the pouring rain except for when lightning flashed down and lit up the scene for a second before plunging everything into darkness. Frank, Ray, Gerard and Mikey all grabbed their bags and ran up onto deck.

In a word, it was chaos. People were running around right, left and centre. Children screamed for their parents. The ship’s crew were attempting to evacuate for, as a fifteen-foot high wave rolled over the side and drenched everyone, it was evident the ship was sinking. Everyone was crowded on one side of the ship where it was highest above the water, trying to get to the lifeboats.

Gerard grabbed Ray’s arm, who looked like he was about to be sick, and dragged him over to the less crowded side of the boat that was already knee-deep in water. Frank and Mikey followed them and grabbed one of the few remaining inflatable life boats from the tangle. They threw it over the side and jumped after it, landing miraculously in the centre. Gerard tried to pull Ray towards the boat but he remained stone still, absolutely petrified.

“Come on, Ray!” shouted Gerard over the wind and rain and screams of the fellow passengers. Ray just shuddered and continued to stare at the raging ocean.

“But Gerard...”

“I will never let you drown Ray, but you’ll kill us both if you stay here, so come on!” Ray closed his eyes and gripped Gerard's arm so hard it nearly cut off the blood flow, but allowed him to jump towards the lifeboat to relative safety. They landed a few meters away but Frank and Mikey paddled over to them and pulled them into the boat just as another wave washed them away from the sinking ship.

Gerard collapsed and choked up a lungful of seawater, and Ray lay curled up in a fetal position in the centre of the lifeboat, shaking and whimpering. Frank slid down to the centre of the lifeboat, closed his eyes and began to shake free tears. Mikey grasped Ray’s shoulder and lay down on Gerard’s torso. The waves swept the tiny boat further and further away from the other lifeboats which were all floating in the other direction, but towards the now rising sun. And exhaustion washed over them like a huge black wave.
____________________

“Gerard?!” He woke up on a sandy beach with the sun setting in front of him. Looking around, he saw his three friends asleep beside him and Ray was curled up underneath the lifeboat. He found the source of the confused voice which turned out to belong to a girl about his age, with shoulder-length spiky red hair, wide pale eyes and rings in her nose and lips...

“Jenna?!” He sat up in delight as he recognized the family friend. “Jenna Jinxx? Holy cow, what are you doing here?”

“I live here! Holy shit Gee, I haven’t seen you in years. Are you okay?” she asked, standing up and helping Gerard to his feet.

“I’m good now that I know you live here,” he said, hugging the tiny girl. There was a whole foot between them at least, so Jenna’s face was buried in his torso.

“You’ve been through a bit hey? You’re still soaking wet,” she said.

“Yeah you know, on a cruise ship that sinks, nearly drowning, the usual.”

“Nice. Hey, isn’t Ray terrified of that sort of thing?”

“Yes. He’s alive, but possibly traumatized for the rest of his life...” said Gerard, glancing over at his afro-ed friend. Jenna’s face fell.

“That ain’t good. You should wake the rest of the guys up and clean up a bit,” she said. Gerard nodded and began to awaken the rest of his friends.

“Jenna?” asked Frank as he opened his eyes.

“Hey, midget buddy!” said Jenna, grinning at him.

The beach was full of surprised voices and grinning faces. Ray was still paler than was healthy but he managed to crack a smile and say ‘hello’ to Jenna, even if his voice was terribly weak. Gerard stood and gazed around at his surroundings. The beach was long and filled with soft, white sand. At one end, a cute looking ramshackle shack stood and a figure was lying down in a deck chair on the pier in front of it. At the other end a river cut off the beach and beyond that there was a huge cluster of trees, looking like the beginning of a forest. The beach stretched out for about twenty feet before a hill rose up and a dirt path made it’s way through some trees, presumably to the rest of the island.

Jenna had woken up the other three guys by this time, Ray was beginning to regain some colour in his white face and Frank was grinning like a lunatic. They had all gone to high school with Jenna and they had lost contact once Gerard moved to college.

"Oh, Gerard?" said Ray.

"Yeah?"

"You did give me permission to kill you, earlier."

"Oh shit." Gerard stared at Ray, who grinned evilly and began to chase him around the beach. Jenna laughed.

"You guys haven't changed much, have you?" she said.

"No, we're still as mad as ever," said Frank.

“Come on then, guys,” said Jenna, grinning over at Ray who was now trying to throw Gerard in the river at the end of the beach. “I’ll take you up to meet the rest of the guys.”

There we go, the first chapter. What do you guys think? Please Rate and Review, it means a lot to me. I promise to pay more attention to this story than my other one. The rest of the characters will be introduced within the next few chapters :)

BleedingValentine xx
Sign up to rate and review this story