Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Endless

From Beyond

by Mikari 0 reviews

Alternate Timeline: Loyalty From Beyond

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-10 - Updated: 2012-05-12 - 588 words

0Unrated
Although Loyalty can be read as a stand alone story, for those of you who read Don't Give Me Diamonds, this little one shot connects the two timelines and explains the origin of the Loyalty timeline, existing as a parallel timeline to Diamonds.

Alternate Timeline: Loyalty From Beyond

"Where am I?" Rather than a voice, it was a stream of psychic thoughts, a mental voice. He had no physical form, but existed as a collection of energy. "Did I... die?"

"You've passed on," a female psychic voice answered gently.

"Isn't that the same thing?" The male asked with some amount of annoyance. He always had a temper. "Team Rocket was left in ruins, but at least it brought the world down with it."

"Was that your wish?" The silhouette of a Gardevoir started to slowly become clearer.

The soul paused, then replied, "no. Everything fell apart after she died, it was that which made my son and I turn against each other..."

"Do you wish to change that?" The figure of the Gardevoir was clear now.

"To change history..." the soul mused. "If I wasn't a soul floating endlessly, while talking to some kind of pokemon angel, I wouldn't believe that to be possible. I want to change it... That time when she left, I'll go after her then, if Delia remains in Team Rocket, everything will be different, she'll live and Ash will be on my side." The soul of Giovanni glowed brightly as if wanting to break free of the stream of energy that guided him.

"Stop this! You will get a second chance. The opportunity to guide your descendant into amending history, but not at such an early point. You will recover her." Gardevoir tried to contain the energy coming from the strong soul.

"Recover her? I would rather never lose her in the first place!" A tare of light appeared in the endless stream of energy between worlds. There Giovanni saw himself with Delia's letter in his hands. She had left and he had not chased after her. "Go after her!"

The Giovanni of the past heard his own voice echoing in his head. He felt what his future self felt and knew he had to find Delia. She must have gone to Pallet Town. If that was true, then it wasn't much of a hiding place. She must want to be found, but what pushed her to leave in the first place? What secret worried her? He would find out.

"Stop this!" Gardevoir closed the tare in time. "Destiny already dictated that you would change history in the company of your descendant, his family would take measures to stop a paradox from occurring. By changing history at such an early point without precautions you have created a paradox. How can you regret not going after Delia if you did go after her? This timeline... I will separate it from the main one to prevent further consequences. When both timelines reach a point where they are at last the same, they will unite again. Yet, I fear that point in time is far away. Not even I know how long it will take for destiny to mend. Now go, go to the place of waiting."

The Gardevoir emitted a bright light, which pushed Giovanni out of the stream of many colors, causing him to loose consciousness in the process. When he woke up, he was in that mysterious place again, a place where he would stay until it was time to be reborn.

End
Sign up to rate and review this story