Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Midnight Troupe

Get dressed lets go

by Mynameisnotimportant 0 reviews

I've almost got all this done!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-05-13 - Updated: 2012-05-14 - 1341 words - Complete

0Unrated
On the morning of October 31st, Sidney nearly drowned Frankie Iero in the bathroom.
“Shut up!” Sid snapped. Frankie coughed and spit up water. Sidney had been holding him under the shower for fifteen minutes. “Did it take okay?” Frankie asked, worried.
Sidney surveyed his work. “Ehn. It’s no Heath Ledger, but it’ll do.”
Frankie raced to the bank of mirrors around the corner. Catching sight of his reflection, he burst into smiles.

“Whoa! Sid! SID! COME SEE!”
Sidney ambled around the corner, and saw Frankie teasing the edges of his wet hair. “Don’t touch it, or else you’ll get dye on your fingers. Told ya we should dye it for All-Hallows Eve, didn’t I?” he said, swatting Frankie’s fingers away.
Frankie scowled at Sidney, then went back to surveying his reflection. “What’re you gonna be?” he asked, watching Sid.
“Show ya later, anyway, I’ve gotta dress in it first,” Sid replied, thinking about it. He should probably get going if he wanted to actually wear it later.

~*~

“Ugh, stupid Brother Stuarts, I don’t need to know about the gravity on Jupiter....” Gerard muttered. Opening the door to Dorm five, Gerard stopped dead.
“OUT! GET OUT! COME BACK WHEN I’VE GOT MY PANTS ON!”
Gerard sputtered out a “Sorry!” as he shut the door. Looking around the quad, he could see students milling together, chattering about costumes and the parties. The same atmosphere had gone through the entire day, with people flaunting dress code in favourite of skintight spandex and short skirts. Eventually the teachers realized they were fighting a losing battle and let the kids wear whatever they wanted.

A gaggle of gum-popping girls sauntered by, dressed as a trio of french maids. Gerard’s eyes were drawn to the gleam of their tanned legs, but he wrenched his eyes back.
Frankie barreled up to sit next to him. “Hey! I can’t believe it’s halloween! Sidney helped me dye my hair, isn’t it awesome?”
“Yeah! It’s all green! Ray got his costume, right?” Gerard asked.
“Sort of. It’s basically just a blue band thing with a TMNT shirt.”
“Laaaaaaame,” Gerard muttered, tipping his head back to look at the ceiling.
“Gee! HEY GEE! BRO! CHECKIT OUT!”

Mikey waved to Gerard from across the quad. He had criscoed his hair into twin spikes, was shirtless, and was wearing a pair of blue shorts.
Gerard half-waved back, feeling a blush creeping up his face. It also didn’t help that Frankie was laughing hard enough to choke.
“Shut up. That’s my bro,” Gerard mumbled. Frankie kept laughing. “He...he looks ridiculous!”
Frankie managed to wheeze. Gerard didn’t say anything, but he managed to smile. It was halloween, and if his kid brother wanted to be a ridiculous Japanese superhero, then let him.

The door to dorm five flew open, and Sidney rushed out.
“What’d you think?” Sidney asked,
“What, the hell, are you supposed to be?” Gerard asked, raising his eyebrows.
“Gee!” Frankie laughed, surprised at the bad word.

“I’d be a little creeped out if you did know, to be honest. I’m Tyler Durden from Fight Club,” Sidney explained. “You look homeless,” Frankie stated.
“I’ve never seen Fight Club. It must suck.”
“Fight Club does not suck! Tyler is awesome. Sure, he tried to blow up the government, but still. C’mon, Iero, we’ve got makeup to do.”

After Frankie was successfully makeupped, Sidney shoved him out the door. “Why didn’t you dress up?” Sid asked Gerard. Gerard shrugged. He honestly didn’t feel like it, mostly because it was the first halloween away from home. Except for that time at Grandma Elena’s, but that was different. At Grandma’s, he didn’t have to deal with four other boys in one room, didn’t have to worry about the boy who was supposed to be responsible kill him in his sleep, and he most certainly didn’t have to worry about doing laundry.
“Since you’re gonna be bumming around here, hand out the candy, yeah? I hid it under Ray’s bed so that you wouldn’t find it,” Sidney explained. “Why can’t you?” Gerard griped, looking under Ray’s bed. Hey, look, two entire boxes of mini chocolates.
Sidney paused.

“Uh, I have plans with friends.”
Gerard narrowed his eyes. “Oh really?”
“Yeah. Don’t be up too late, okay?” Sidney ordered, then left.

‘Out with friends’? Like hell he was! He was planning something, wasn’t he? And he didn’t plan on telling him, did he?
Was it drugs? Girls? Or something bigger?
Biting his lip, Gerard stared out the door. Oh, screw it! It was halloween! What could happen?
Quickly writing a note that said TAKE ONE ONLY!!!!! and grabbing a hoodie, he followed Sidney out the door.

Sidney was easy to spot, in a dirty white tank top, camouflage pants, and taped up fists. Pulling his hood low over his face, Gerard tried to keep Sidney in view.
Sure, he did go into a few other dorms, and he would whisper to a few other people. Then the lot of them would leave together. The group from the dorms would go one way, and Sidney would go another.

Weird. Were they planning their own party?
Gerard crept closer.
“...broken window. Go through that and everything’s all set up, wait up for me, a’ight?” Sid told one boy. The other boy nodded and set off.
Grinning and whistling, Sidney kept walking. Gerard kept following. Sidney got to Dorm seven, and snuck behind it. Gerard hurried to keep up. Rounding the corner, Gerard pulled his hood back. Where the hell did Sidney go?

The question was answered by a arm wrapping around Gerard’s windpipe.
“Having a nice time, are we, playing detectives on us?”
Us?
“Huurrrgh!” Gee garbled.
“I told you to stay in the Dorm! Why didn’t you fucking listen to me?” Sid asked, slackening his grip. Gerard gulped in air before responding. “You’re a dick! I could tell you were lying to me, you’re out every night with your stupid brother who I’ve never even met, and...and...you’re a prefect and you’re supposed to be there but you aren’t!”
Sidney blinked, then did the unexpected.
He bent forward and gave Gee a hug.
Gee flailed momentarily, but then just gave in.
“Hey, Gee-tard?”
Sigh. “Yes?”
“Do you remember how I said that shit is going to get strange around here?”
Gerard paused. “Yes?”

Sidney let go of Gee and knelt so he could look him in the eyes. “I’m gonna offer you a choice. Either you can come with me, and see what I’ve been working so hard on, or you can go back to the dorm and never follow me again. You can only pick one choice. You can’t go back on it. What’s it gonna be? Red pill or Blue pill?”

If Gerard had thought about it, he probably would have picked the blue pill and gone home.
But no. He didn’t.

“I’ll go. Where’re we going?” Gerard asked.
“Red pill?”
Gerard nodded. “Red pill all the way.”
Sidney’s smile glowed in the light of dorm seven. “Alrighty then.”


Crunching through the October grass, Gerard finally asked another question.
“Why Tyler Durden, from Fight Club, of all things?”
Sidney laughed.
“This ain’t a costume.”
Gerard didn’t get it. “What?”
Sidney shook his head. “Never mind.”

Eventually, Sidney and Gerard got to the main building. Bending down, Sidney grabbed a basement window frame. Opening it, he gestured for Gerard to go.
“Ladies first.”
“I’ll just wait for you to go,” Gerard spat back.
Sidney just laughed, and said, “No, seriously, dude, you first, I want to make sure you don’t pussy out.”
Gerard rolled his eyes and slid through the window frame, Sidney right behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story