Categories > Original > Drama > Samantha Gray

CHAPTER 1 (THE BEGINNING)-

by x-ii_Julie 2 reviews

Samantha Gray is left stranded in a world with, what she thinks, no one else. The struggle to survive and the struggle to get right back up every time she's knocked down over takes her as she tries...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-12-24 - Updated: 2012-05-15 - 1408 words

0Unrated
PROLAUGE-
JOURNAL ENTRY: #99. 7/31/2010
Think about it... We, humans, live on a giant rock hurtling through space at about 6,000,000 times faster than a F16 Falcon goes, and we think that’s fast... Honestly the only thing that’s keeping us alive is oxygen, and if the atmosphere were going to thin out at all, we would have no oxygen, it would get cold, and we would all die. So in other words, if global warming isn't a myth and our atmosphere thins, then we’re all dead and gone. Also think about it... We use cars that run on gas, one day all the gas might run out. (Which would be bad for humans because then we would have to walk everywhere.) Though we use cars to the extent, so we are constantly polluting our atmosphere, thus causing it to get thinner, so as the atmosphere gets thinner, we are slowly, but surely, killing ourselves. I make my point clearly, and hope that us as humans don’t mess it up too bad.
CHAPTER 1 (THE BEGINNING)-
‘Ahh…. My head hurts so bad….,’ I think as I get up off of the wet forest floor and try to adjust my crooked posture. I haven’t been this warm since last, wait what day is it? Crap, Monday? Yes. It’s been so cold. The wolves must like it, I know I do. I can’t help liking the cold when I’m near a freezing lake, about to tip the scale of absolute zero. Seeing the cold, steaming lake, because of the warm air, I shiver. I can’t stand to wear this poufy jacket; it’s enough to wear a little one, to me that is. I just want to take a hot shower, I haven’t taken one in 2 days, I’ve been running from it too much to actually find time to gather enough water, and boil enough, to take a shower.
I can’t handle the thought of even seeing it again. It’s horrifying, just the thought, of the lonely, creepy creature, makes me want to cry. Seeing it is even worse! If you stare into its eyes you go psycho, slowly losing your mind to its horrifyingly powerful spell in which it puts you under with about three thousand doses. Uh I can’t stop shivering, I can’t tell if it’s the cold or the image imprinted in the back of my mind. The cold doesn’t help the loneliness; honestly since I lost him I can’t even feel pain anymore. Sometimes I’m glad, other times, not so good. I can’t be running when I’m on the edge of suicide.
At least I have something to look forward to, my pride and joy, my baby. I just wish I had a normal world to raise her in. I don’t want her to have to grow up fighting and running for her life. I would hate for her to die at age seven, still unknowing of the world’s true beauty. I just hope she has a better life then I’m having now, and I hope this “cleaning up” of the world goes better than it has so far. The “clean-up”, as we call it, has just been a bunch of people hiding as far as I know; when I say “we” I mean S.T.W.P, Specially Trained People of the World, it’s only for the highly trained people. I was once General Samantha Gray, the highest of everyone, prepared for anything; I want to forget all of those times, only because now I have to run to save two lives, when I only care for one. I don’t care if as soon as I give birth it kills me. I can’t die until I know she’s safe, or he, I’ll never know if I never see the warmth of light past the dull, sadness they call Earth ever again.
I wish I could see his face again. We were separated when he was trying to save our three year old daughter. He had short brown hair, crystal blue eyes that shimmered like a blue gem under a star in the sky. He was tall and skinny, like me. He had an attitude that was remarkable, he was always so nice, and generous. I just want to hug him, his hugs were like a mothers, so secure, like nothing could possible go wrong, like taking a left turn on a dead end road. Sadly, everything went very wrong, I don’t even want to think about it, I just want some food. I think yesterday, 10.01.2048, right, I don’t know, I only got a Munoskin, but even that medium sized dog isn’t enough for a pregnant lady.
I look at my “agenda” for the day, the first thing, “Write”; I write every day to keep my sanity up. I pull out my notebook and start to write, “…..She couldn’t take her life much longer like this. She gave the man the money to leave her alone, but he just wouldn’t go away. ‘What is his problem?’ She kept on wondering this as she was being followed in the dark night with nothing but the bright street lamps giving way…….” Writing is fun for me, it’s easy. I just write whatever comes to mind, then if it stops flowing into my mind, like a river, I stop along with it.
Number two on the agenda says to find food without getting killed. That’s not going to be easy out here in No-mans-land. I wish we still had those cool necklaces where you think what food you want and you instantly feel full, after you taste the delicious food slip down your throat, but I got mine wet when I was trying to find him, so it doesn’t work anymore. Instead of trying to find food I’m just laying here, staring up at the stars that almost never go away anymore. Sometimes I wish I could go to another planet and see if they have it easier than we do here, I wonder if they get food as pay for labor. I need to get something in my stomach. I wish I could just go up to the grocery or something and pick up a burger. I think I’m going to go try and catch some Rainbow Trout. I mean I’m hungry but I don’t feel like getting up. I look around trying to find where some fish might be, but all I can see is the lush, green forest before me, along with the freezing lake that I doubt fish will be in. I can’t help losing focus on something like this, I mean I know I can survive in an emergency, but right now I don’t really want to.
Looking at the lake before me, I wonder if anything helpful is actually in it. I might not be able to really bend or anything right now, but I’m still going to try to catch something anyway. Swimming in the freezing water I start to feel pain, a sharp pain on my baby bump doesn’t feel all that great and I don’t think it is. I hurry up and swim to shore, knowing it can’t be good. Leaches are stuck to my stomach as I pull off my shirt and try to examine it through the water on my eyelashes. Bleeding in the one place I really don’t need it right now I start to cry. I scream into the cold, open air. I can’t feel anything, no pain, not even the darkness, or the will to live, wash over me.
“WHY” people could hear this for miles, yet no response. I’m sitting here for what feels like forever, crying. I loved that baby, I didn’t even know if it was a boy or girl. What could have gone wrong?! I can’t think, what am I going to tell Jay? Oh no, Jay, what’s he going to think? I have to find him, I don’t even know if my three-year-old is ok, poor Ember, I miss her so much. All I care for now is finding my family. That’s final; I’m going to find them.
Sign up to rate and review this story