Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Heavy In Your Arms by Nemo, Morrigan Campbell and Elin Roberts

Yeah Steve, Shut Up. She Warned You.

by Nemo_xo 0 reviews

Rain's POV. Written by Nemo.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-16 - Updated: 2012-05-16 - 514 words

0Unrated
RAIN – "Haile, down to combat training, now, go, before the Captain decides on some extra time." Nick barked, and with a roll of my eyes I grudgingly headed to the lockers down in CT. I pulled on my rec clothes, a white tee and grey shorts, marching moodily to report to Captain Steve. He stood there looking all perfect blonde superhero even in an old white tee and SHIELD greys and that made my mood even worse. He never looked ugly or imperfect and it bugged the hell out of me. He raised his eyebrows at my thunderous expression, and before he even opened his mouth I snapped,

"Shut up before I deck you, Steve.” gliding by with an air of blind rage.

I knew this was highly improbable but with my luck I might actually be able to put up a fight against him and do some damage. His face fell into a concerned frown, and he decided not to press further yet. Muttering to myself, I just let my aggression out on a punch bag for a few minutes. Yep, come on Rain, just let it all out. Pretend the bag is his face. Yeah, this is working. Stress relief much. Just breathe, punch, left, right, and get rid of all your anger and then you can tolerate him. Yes. Calm. Breathe.

"Rain, are you all right?" he muttered, and I stopped, breathing hard and probably looking rather worked up. He stood, staring at me, arms folded in authority and an air of concerned confusion on his face. "You seem... Stressed."I let my breathing return to normal, staring at the floor. "Just tired."

"But are you sure? I mean if anything's bothering you-"

"No, I'm fine." I muttered quickly. No way are you getting in on my shit, back the hell away. It's called a private life for a reason. He sighed, speaking quieter now. Like maybe he actually cared. Or was pretending to at least.

"If it's about Scott, it's understandable, I mean you miss people and-"

Oh my god. Oh my god no. Are you fucking serious. And I snapped. Nuh-uh. No. Fucking. Way.

"STEVE. I'M FINE. JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE." I shouted at him, and then felt the echo around the room as my eyes shined with the start of tears. Don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry. Hold your breath. Count to ten. Just don't. Cry. My exhale sounded shaky. Crap.

He looked rejected, defeated, and probably uncomfortable with the fact that I was probably about to cry.

"I'm sorry, I just feel responsible for you. I just wanted you to know that I actually care about how you feel, I don't want to treat you like a soldier or a machine, because you're neither." He sighed. Does he have a thing for making me feel like a horrible bitch or. Oh great, crying. Tears fell, warm down my cheeks and I ran out of there, leaving him staring after me with a heavy air of concern about him that refused to go away.
Sign up to rate and review this story