Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Chance Encounters

Running Late

by PlanetaryWolves 2 reviews

Some call it fate, others coincidence I prefare a chance encounter. When a business man and a single father keep meeting, they begin to question just what is pushing them towards eachother. (Contai...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-05-13 - Updated: 2012-05-17 - 908 words

1Original
May 12th 2009: New York
Gerard gazed out of the hotel window across at the city below. He loved coming back to New York after a trip to Europe, he leaned forward pressing his forehead harder onto the glass when something caught his eye a young woman who looked to be about 25 stood at a sandwich stall gripping tightly onto a child's hand, no doubt her child. He wished he had a kid, he loved his job and enjoyed getting to see the world but sometimes there was a niggling feeling in the back of his mind that he couldn't help. What it'd be like to just settle down find the right person and buy a house somewhere quiet.

If only life was that simple, Gerard could never do that and he knew it, after all he was gay it's not like he could wander up to some woman in the street and ask her to give him her child, besides he wouldn't know the first thing to do to look after a kid. His hair would probably scare the child away before he even got a chance to hold it. Sighing he peeled his gaze away from the street below and turned to his brother who sat hunched over a laptop, frantically typing at the keyboard.

'Mikes I'm off for a wader to find a Starbucks, you gonna be okay here for a while?' he asked his younger sibling.
'Gee I'm not 7, I'm 27 and running a business, I think I can handle staying in a hotel room on my own for a bit don't you? Just bring me back some coffee okay.' The younger man chuckled before quickly turning his attention back to the laptop screen.
'Right will do.' Replied the flame haired man as he slipped out of the room and into the elevator across the hall. He knew he could do with the fresh air and the caffeine to wake him up from the long flight he'd just endured.

**
'Mason come on! Work with me here, I've got to have you at your Mom's in exactly a half hour and you taking ages on choosing a cookie isn't really giving me a lot of time to spare!' Ranted Frank to his son in Starbucks, he loved Mason but god could he test his patience.
'But Daddy they all look so tasty, it's too hard to pick one.' Mumbled Mason as he practically licked the glass case covering the cookies.
'Right well you have exactly 5 seconds to choose 5...4...'
Mason began to panic 'Oh well that one!' He yelled frantically pointing at an all chocolate one, earning a few angry looks from the hushed coffee shop.

The young blonde behind the counter rolled her eyes and bagged the cookie for the small boy before handing Frank his coffee and change.
'Sorry about that,' replied the tattooed man sheepishly before turning to his 6 year old son, 'right lets get a move on we have to get onto the subway pronto.' He quickly swept up his son, propped him onto his hip and headed for the door.

In his hurry to get to the door Frank didn't notice the person stood right in front of him and bumped into them, nearly dropping Mason and spilling a small amount of his black coffee over the man's suit.
'Oh shit, I'm so sorry.' Apologized Frank without realising his choice of words.
'OOOOMMMMM Daddy said a rude word, Mommy says you shouldn't say bad words.' Chastised his son.
The taller man laughed 'I'm sure he didn't mean it kid, keep that one to yourself,' he quickly replied to the child, ' and don't worry about it nothing a quick dry clean won't fix.' He smiled at his caffeine attacker.
'Well I can pay for that here let me just get my wallet.' Frank panicked before reaching for his back pocket.
'No don't there's no need. It was my fault, I should of looked were I was going.' He smiled again, this time revealing his teeth.
After calming down Frank took a moment to look at the man. 'I'm sorry do I know you from somewhere?' he questioned.
'Um I don't think so.' Gerard replied he hated being recognised, he was a business man not a celebrity.
'Oh sorry I must have just confused you with someone,' frowned Frank before heading for the door, 'sorry I have to go we're already running late as it is.'

He quickly shuffled out of the shop being extra careful to watch were he was going and tightly holding onto the remainder of his coffee. Gerard watched the smaller man leave before letting out a sigh, and stepping into the queue for the till.

**
It's chance encounters like that that often set gears in motion, have you ever had a conversation with someone only never to see them again in your life? Well sometimes and that's just sometimes the world has a more complicated design for us. Then you and that stranger are drawn together again and again. Some call it fate, others coincidence, but whatever it is, these people it affects are often eternally grateful for it.

This story happens to be about two of them people...


So please let me know what you think this is the first story I've published so constructive critisism is welcome ^-^
Sign up to rate and review this story