Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Not your average tragedy.

by Camisado15 0 reviews

The start of a phenomenal band... Panic! at the disco. Read, Rate and Review:-)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2012-05-21 - Updated: 2012-05-21 - 1387 words - Complete

0Unrated
Not the average tragedy.
My first Fan fiction, please review!

The day seemed to have dragged for ages, and endless amount of hours. All I do at school is stare at the clock, waiting for it to hit half past three so I could go home, but sometimes going home wasn’t a good thing..
It was the last lesson of the day, German. I was the first to walk in to the class and sit at the table. The only thing that kept me sane was my three best friends. Without them, I probably wouldn’t be here.
First to enter was Spencer, we had known each other since we were about 4 now we have reached 17 and he has always been my rock and helped me throughout the years.
Next to enter was the scruffy Jon Walker, I hadn’t known him as long but his sarcastic attitude and humour always cheered me up.
The room lit up as Brendon walked in. His auburn eyes and chocolate hair changed the atmosphere completely. We sat down round a table of six, with one spare chair. I sat next to Jon, opposite me was Spencer and across the table was Brendon. To the left of me was Ray, he kept to himself most of the time, he didn’t have any friends so we felt sorry for him and invited him to our table.

“In your groups, write a paragraph of your future plans, you have 10 minutes” The teacher said in a stern voice.

We slowly passed the texts books to Ray, as he did most the work and we just took the credit. He didn’t mind, because at the end of the day we were his friends.

Before he picked up his pen and started writing, he slipped Spencer a white envelope, Spencer opened it, it was a white card with a words ‘Happy Birthday’ written on the front. Ray was returning the favour as last month it was his birthday and we all got him a card and a bag of sweets for his birthday.

“Thanks Ray!”

“y-y-your welcome” Ray said in a very nervous voice.

“So guys, what did you get me for my birthday! You must have been saving up for months!” Spencer said in a very loud sarcastic voice.

“We forgot, you NEVER talk about your birthday Spence” Jon also said in a very sarcastic voice, Spencer looked at him with a straight face; he really didn’t find that very funny.

“You just going to have to wait a little longer” I told Spencer.

“I hate waiting!”

“Well your just going to have to wait”

Brendon being his childish self was throwing paper airplanes around the room; one hit the teacher, Ms. Taylor who had absolutely no sense of humour.

“WHO THROUGH THAT!!” Brendon sunk in his chair, we were so scared of her, the whole class was.

“MR. URIE! It was you weren’t it?!”

“No ma’am” We all just sat there, pretending to care about our work.

“If I catch you again, then you’re going to the principal’s office! Do you hear me boy?!”

“Y-yes m-ma’am”

“Good, now carry on working, im watching you boys!”

Half an hour later the lesson was over, Spencer was jumping up and down like a hyper active puppy.

“Come on guys! Give me a clue! Pleaseeeee!”

My back was aching; I had to carry a very heavy guitar on my back all the way to Spencer’s because I had my lesson today at school.

As we approached his garage, his parents and sisters were standing outside with grins on there faces.

They walked over and gave Spencer a giant hug...

“Happy Birthday Honey! Our little boy is 17!”

“Happy birthday son.”

“Mom get off, im not your little boy”

We all laughed under our breath, he rolled his eyes at us.

“Why are we here?” Spencer asked curiously, he looked so exited I thought he was going to wet himself.
The garage door opened slowly to reveal the great present Spencer was waiting for.

“We all pitched in, your family and your friends!”
We knew by ‘Your friends’ that meant us because Spencer didn’t really have a lot of friends, we all had each other, and that’s all that mattered.

“We all paid our fair share” I told Spencer.

“Jon you owe me five dollars.” Brendon whispered.

Spencer ran over towards the drum kit, he had been having lessons privately at school, Jon was also having guitar lessons and so was Brendon; we thought one day we could form a band.

I had never seen anyone so happy in my life, this is what he wanted.

“I love you guys!” He ran over to give everyone a hug. After that he picked up the drum sticks and started playing, we knew it would drive the neighbours mad, I could probably hear it at my house and I live about 10 minutes away.

“Boys would you like to stay for dinner?” Ginger asked us.

We all accepted, I knew this would be better than going back to my own house, things weren’t exactly, easy. My dad didn’t really care if I was there or not.

I handed my guitar to Brendon, our fingers touched; he pulled away playfully and giggled.

“Dinner is ready!” Ginger shouted.

“Okay ma!”

We all sat around the table and ate whist discussing the current matters of the news. After dinner, we went back to the garage Jon had his bass, Brendon had my guitar and I started to sing. We started to play Blink-182 and fall out boy, they were our favourite band, and we looked up to them as musicians and people.

Brendon and Jon did some back-up singing; I turned around and looked at Spencer offering the role of singer.

“Turn around Pretty boy!” Spencer snapped. The only time we had ever heard Spencer sing was when we were at camp and he was singing his rendition of Whitney Houston’s ‘I will always love you’ while he was in the shower, he thought we couldn’t hear him, but we could…

We all stopped mid song.

“Brendon…”

“Yeah Ryan?”

“Swap”

“What?”

“Pass me the guitar, you sing.” We didn’t know how talented he was; he sang effortlessly, this was the way to go.

“Okay, Ry. But you’re so much better than me!”

I have flattered but that really wasn’t true.

“Shut up and sing”

“Ok calm down”

We carried on playing till about 9. We didn’t have a name for a band yet, but that didn’t matter. We had recorded a song on Brendon’s phone and we put it on the internet.

***

A week later, our YouTube video had over 10,000 hits, no bad comments just good ones. Things at school were a lot different now.

I was walking through the corridor and had a strange encounter with the school bully, Sheldon. I flinched as he walked past but he smiled and nodded at me, usually he would pin me against the wall and take all my lunch money. But no. He just smiled. I think he was dying or something because he never smiled, at anyone unless he was kicking the crap out of them.

“RYAAAAAAN!” Said a very familiar voice, it was Brendon.
He was running down the corridor with a massive smile on his face. I loved that smile. It could make me feel so much better on a bad day.

He hugged me so tightly and lifted me of the ground, are hole bodies were in contact, I loved this feeling.

“What is it Brendon?”

“Can’t I be happy to see my best friend anymore?”

“That’s not what I mean”

If we hugged in school a week ago we would have been picked on for the next year and be called ‘Gay’ or something more colourful. People had watched our video, people had liked our video.

“Our video has gone viral, haven’t you noticed the attention you have been getting?”

I had noticed.

This is when things were looking up.
Me and my friends were closer than ever,
I wasn’t being picked on,
The bullying had stopped,
People wanted to be my friend,
This feeling was amazing.
Sign up to rate and review this story