Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Does anyone want a song fic written for them?

Nine in the Afternoon

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes 1 review

Ellie misses her mother.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2012-05-27 - Updated: 2012-05-28 - 1439 words

1Ambiance
I looked over to see Ellie sitting on a bench alone. Her dark brown eyes shone with the light of unshed tears. I quickly walked over to wear she sat and hugged her. I felt a tear fall onto my shoulder. I looked into her eyes, the same shade as mine and wiped a tear away. “What’s wrong?”

She looked down and the tears caught in her lashes like crystal rain drops, bringing even more attention to her beautiful eyes. “I miss her Bren.”

I pulled her into a hug and stroked her pale blonde hair. She was talking about her mother of course. Her mother had died a little while ago and she missed her terribly every day.

Back to the street where we began
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
Yeah, we're feeling so good

I heard her quiet sobs as I rubbed soothing circles in her back. I felt her tears hot on my shoulders and my heart broke for her. Ellie was the sweetest girl in the world; she shouldn’t have to go through something like this. Sometimes the world just wasn’t fair.

Ellie pulled out of my embrace and wiped her eyes. “I’m sorry, really I am. I just miss her so much.” She said sniffling.

“It’s okay to miss her Ellie. Don’t ever apologize for feeling the way you do.” I hated seeing her like this. I wanted her to be okay. I wanted her happiness more than anything.

Picking up things we shouldn't read
It looks like the end of history as we know
It's just the end of the world

I looked into Brendon’s caring eyes and shook my head. He didn’t get it, no one did. My mother wouldn’t want me to sit here and feel sorry for myself. She’d want me to be happy, she’d want me to make the most of my life and not spend my time thinking about her. But she was the only thing that was ever on my mind. She was all I ever thought about, her smile, her laugh, the way her voice sounded; I wanted to hold on to every memory I had of her. “You don’t understand, Brendon.”

“Then make me.” He said, his voice filled with concern.

“Every day I think about her, every day I’m so distracted with thoughts of her and all I want is for her to be back here with me. All I want is for her to hug me and tell me that it’s alright. I just want anyone to do that! I want things to go back to the way they were.” Before I could stop myself I let all the words rush out of my mouth. It was as if a damn had broken inside of me, releasing my thoughts onto the world. “I want everything to be normal again.”

Back to the street where we began
Feeling as good as love, you could, you can

Brendon wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. “It’s alright Ellie.” He whispered in my ear.

He was trying, he really was trying.

Into a place where thoughts can bloom
Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And we know that it could be
And we know that it should
And you know that you feel it too

I let go of Ellie and looked into her eyes again. “I know it probably doesn’t mean much, but I care about you Ellie. I really do.”

Tears filled her eyes and spilled down her pale cheeks creating shining tracks of silver. I wiped them away with my thumb. She closed her eyes causing more tears to fall.

'Cause it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, 'cause you can, so you do
We're feeling so good, just the way that we do

I opened my eyes to find Brendon still staring at me. His gaze was full of sympathy, but I didn’t want it. I knew he didn’t understand what I was going through. It was hard to fathom, hard to believe. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, I wanted punch something in a white hot rage, but that would solve nothing.

I leaned back against the bench, letting my head fall back. I stared at the cloudless sky, the deep blue mystifying me. With my mother gone the sun still shone, the birds still sang, the sky was still blue. I thought that the world would change completely around me, and in some ways it had. Everything felt so foreign to me.

I knew what the world was really like, it was cruel. Life was cruel. The kindest people in the world got the shit end of the stick. That’s what always happened wasn’t it? The murderers and robbers out there were living the high life while the innocent and kind had to go through the most mind bogglingly miserable things.

It was this realization that killed me most. Why would life be so cruel? What the hell did I do to deserve such torture, such anguish?

When it's nine in the afternoon
Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, 'cause you can, so you do
We're feeling so good

“What are you thinking about?” I asked.

“Life.” Ellie replied simply.

“What about life?”

“How shit it is. How it’s cruel. How it’s so unfair!”

I put an arm around her and pulled her close once more. “I know, I know it’s terrible. I know that it seems so unfair and just so brutal right now, but trust me. Things get better.”

Back to the street, down to our feet
Losing the feeling of feeling unique
Do ya know what I mean?

My brows furrowed and I stared at Brendon, confusion written plainly on my face. How could he possibly know how I feel? How could he say that he knew? He didn’t know. He didn’t know how much my heart broke for my mother. She was gone. I would never get to see her smile again, never get to hear her voice, her laugh!

He didn’t know at all what I was going through.

Back to the place where we used to stay
Man, it feels good to feel this way
And now I know what I mean

“I know that you’re probably thinking that I have no idea what you’re going through, and you’re right. I don’t. I’ve never been in that situation and I can’t comprehend how that must feel. I know that you must feel so hurt and alone, but just know that I will always be here.” I explained. “There will always be someone who is willing to listen. Yeah, things seem dark right now, but tomorrow could be the greatest day of your life.”

Back to the street, back to the place
Back to the room where it all began
Back to the room where it all began

I looked up at Brendon with shining eyes. No one had ever said such kind words to me before. He didn’t understand but he would listen. I knew that, I knew he would always be there for me. He always was, wasn’t he?

A small smile graced my lips and I laced my arms around his neck, allowing silent tears to fall.

'Cause it's nine in the afternoon
Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, 'cause you can, so you do
We're feeling so good, just the way that we do

I wrapped my arms around Ellie’s waist and planted a quick kiss on the top of her head. I wished I could take away all of her pain and make her smile and laugh forever, but right now, having her wrapped in my arms would have to do.

When it's nine in the afternoon
Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, 'cause you can, so you do
We're feeling so good, just the way that we do

“Thank you,” I whispered in Brendon’s ear, “You’re really just so wonderful.”

When it's nine in the afternoon
Your eyes are the size of the moon
You could, 'cause you can, so you do
We're feeling so good, just the way that we do
When it's nine in the afternoon

So I really hope you liked it! Please tell me what you think!
Sign up to rate and review this story