Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 23

by KobraBlaze 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-06 - Updated: 2012-06-06 - 1107 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hi. Don't know what this is gonna be like. But I hope it is okay. :)

Chapter 23
Gerard's POV

My poor baby brother. He really doesn't have anything good left in his life except Frank and I. I mean, how can someone be so mean to do that to him. Whatever Pete did. And then to show up to say 'Sorry'. Just to try and clear his name. I knew he was trouble from the beginning. Now, Mikey is left unable to trust anyone outside the two of us. He's not gonna make friends as easy as that. That's if he ever does again. That incident really affected him and us. I'm just so glad he's alive. Thanks to Frank of course. I don't think I would have ever have found him. Frank means the world to him. And me. But not in that way. That other morning was just a mistake. I don't even have feelings for him. I was just thinking stupidly.

Right now, Mikey is on the couch asleep after a few days in hospital and Frank and I are on the couch beside him waiting til he wakes up. We have a feeling we know what happened. We haven't talked about it really but what else could have happened. Pete just made joke out of him. Sick bastard.

"What if Mikey doesn't remember what happened? Do we tell him he tried to kill himself? I think it would freak him out and feel bad." Frank asks, concern and worry deep in his voice.

"I don't know Frankie. I guess we should just wait until he wakes up before anything."

"Gerard, I'm really scared of what is going to happen to him. He can't go back to that school. He'll have to move."

"Me too. We have to get him out of there. There's no way he would survive."

Finally, Mikey begins to stir and sits up slowly. He rubs his eyes and I hand him his glasses. He looks kinda confused. He doesn't remember what happened, does he...?

"Gee, why am I on the couch?" He asks with a cute, puzzeled look on his face.
I glance at Frank who's face tells me exactly what he's thinking.
He has no idea whether to tell him or not either.

"Well, you see Mikey, you are just out of hospital." From that very word, his eyes widen slightly and his gaze drops to the floor sadly.

"And well, the doctor put you on some strong painkillers and I thought you prefer to be in here with both of us." He doesn't look as if he's taking in anything I'm saying. His eyes flinch every few seconds and then he closes them tightly.

"Cuteness, you okay? Do you have a headache?" Frank asks and reaches out a hand to Mikey's clenched fist.

Mikey opens his eyes again.
"H-He didn't l-like me at all, d-did he?" His stuttered, lost voice Squeaks out.
His eyes search Franks and mine for an answer. We can't just break it to him. Tell him that it was a joke. But we can't lie to him either.

I see Frank put an arm around Mikey's shoulders and nods silently. He holds him close as a few tears flow slowly down his face. I take his hand.
"Mikey, I'm really sorry he did this but look, the fact that he did just makes him a horrible person. You deserve a million times better." I try and fail to cheer him up.

"I thought he actually wanted to be my friend" A whisper of a sob comes out of his lips.
"C-Can I tell y-you something? P-Please don't b-be mad..." He asks us, terrified by our reactions.

"Mikey, we won't get mad at you, ever. You can tell us anything. I promise it'll be okay." Frank assures him.

"Promise?"

"Promise" Frank and I say, simultaneously.

"F-Frank, Pete k-" He flinches hard and Frank squeezes his shoulders to encourage him.

"He k-kissed me..." Mikey finishes with tears in his eyes, afraid to see the look on Franks face.

Frank looks horrified at what the poor boy stuttered out. I am too. How the fuck can someone be so mean, so fucking selfish and go and kiss my baby brother? It's just sick.

"I'm s-sorry Frank, don't b-be mad." He looks so innocent.

Frank stares at the ground intensely which frightens Mikey but he eventually pulls himself back out of his trance. He shook his head and looked at Mikey.

"Mikey, was this because of what you saw between Gerard and I?" He asks, his tone is sincere and not a bit of danger is in it.

Mikey shakes his head but after a few seconds, he says "Well I told Pete what I thought I saw a-and then he just kissed me. I'm sorry Frank. I just, I didn't know an-"

"Shh... It's okay Cuteness. It's fine. I know..." Frank pulls a teary-eyed Mikey into his lap.



A few hours later, Mikey was up and was just eating some toast. I called Frank into the small hall and he came over. What I was about to say was a hard decision for all us. But only I knew about it yet. I was afraid of Frank's reaction in case he thought it was too soon. But I had to suggest it.

"Frank, I've been thinking about new schools..." I watched his face take in the idea. He seemed to be interested so I continued...

"You know that Bryar family a couple of doors down?" He nods.

"Yeah, well Bob, I think goes to this school a little further out of town. I'm gonna talk to his parents and see what they think. Do you think it's a good idea?" I ask Frank as I have no idea if it will make matters worse or better for Mikes.

"I've been thinking about switching his schools too actually, but do you think he'd take it well? Or would he just feel as if it's more people to laugh at him?" Frank says as if he is reading my mind.

"I'll talk to them and maybe you could talk to Mikey about it?" I suggest, knowing Frank is better at convincing people than I am.

"A new school?" The new, but recognisable, quiet voice comes from the door where Mikey is standing looking a bit petrified.

Oh dear...



*



Thanks for reading. Please leave a review or rate it. I like either! I also just want to say good luck to anyone doing exams. I've got 2 done. So many more I go... :( oh well I hope that chapter was okay. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story