Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

we are the kids from yesterday!

by frankiero_is_my_hero 5 reviews

storyy for cosmiczombies words and music following frank and gerards life...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-06-08 - Updated: 2012-06-10 - 3410 words - Complete

2Original
this was done for cosmic zombies words and music thing! please rate and reveiw!!






“But he t-told me that he would n-never leave me Gee…” frank mumbled into my t-shirt as he cried.

Mark, his long term boyfriend of six months had just dumped him. For a girl.

“Frankie, its okay, he’s a jerk anyways!” I said, placing my hands gently on his shoulders and pushing him back so I could see his face, his eyes were swollen and red, and his cheeks were flushed and sore from attempting to wipe away his tears as I asked him how him and mark were.

Way to go Gerard!

“But i-i-I loved him Gee!” he said looking down attempting to hid his face from me again.

“Hey, hey, hey. C’mon, no need for tears, they are a waste of salt water bud!” I smiled wiping the tears off of my best friend face.

“Yeah…” he said before bursting into tears again.

“Awh! Frankie its okay! Hey we’re only 13! Plenty more fish in the sea huh?” I said hugging him again.

“But-t everything reminds me of him! I-i-I can’t even listen to music properly without thinking about him!” he whispered.

“Hey Frankie, it’s alright… you only hear the music when your heart begins to break…”

TWO YEARS LATER


“Frankie babe, c’mon you can talk to me. I’ve been through it too, am not judgemental!” I said as I watched him sit there in silence, with his head in his hands, covering his face.

“No. it doesn’t matter. It’s nothing. I want to do this.” He said before getting up and walking past me quickly and into the bathroom, locking the door so I couldn’t follow him in.

“Frankie sugar… it’s not healthy!” I asked through the door.

“Don’t call me that.” He snapped back.

That hurt. That really hurt. I had called hum sugar ever since we had gone on our first date…

flashback

“so… are you sure about this sugar?” I asked frank as we stood facing each other at the entrance to the cinema before we went to see the new batman film.

“I’m positive. Never been more sure in my life gee.” He said looking up at me.

“Okay then… let’s do this!” I said with a grin as I took his hand.

Once we had both brought our tickets (while making fun of the cashier who had a beard… She threatened to kick us out…) we went and got our seats at the very back of the room and waited for the film to start.

“Babe, can you please pass me the soda?” frank asked me with a smile

“Of course sugar” I said as I passed it over to him.

“Thank you!” he replied.

“It’s okay…” I said with a sigh.

“What’s wrong…?” he asked me.

“Hrm. I have just realised how happy I am… and it’s all because of you sugar. And I can’t return the favour. I can’t make you feel as amazing as I do right now.” I said looking down.

“Wow gee! Babe… you make me feel the best I have in the whole wide world. Don’t ever think
That you don’t! You make me feel great! I love you gee.” He whispered and then he leant over and kissed me lightly on the lips.

“I love you too sugar.” I said after he had pulled away, leaving my skin tingling.

“Why do you call me sugar?” he asked.

“Because Frankie… of how sweet you are…” I said and all of a sudden he was kissing me again, leaving me the happiest I had been in a long time.

[/end flashback



“Frankie…I have been through drug addiction too Hun… we can get through this.”
“No! Leave me alone!” he said storming past me.

half an hour later

I saw frank half an hour later, sat on the couch in front of the television.

“So your just gonna sit here and waste away?” I asked him from the door way.

“Yup.” He said flicking through the channels. So he wanted to. He didn’t want to help himself.

“But what about me?” I asked him. “I got through it. I got through it for you. Can you get through this for me?”

“Nope. I have let you down gee. I’m sorry.” He said flicking through more channels.

“LISTEN TO ME FRANKIE! You can get through this. I will help you this.”

He ignored me, still flicking through the channels in despair.

“YOUR. STILL. NOT LISENING! DOES THE TELEIVISION MAKE YOU FEEL THE PILLS YOU ATE!” I said as I grabbed the TV switch out of his hands and threw it on the floor, causing all the batteries to fall out and land on the floor then i sat on his lap facing him.

I placed my hands on the side of his face and then kissed him. “Frankie. I promise you that we will get through this.”

two years later

“But I can’t do anything gee.” Frank whispered to me as he sat on the bottom step.

“Yes you can Frankie…” I said as I moved his hair out of his face.

“Well… no. I might as well give up guitar, there’s no point. No point at all.”

“Frankie… you need to try. You only live forever in the light you make! No one else can do it for you. If you carry on… who knows… you might one day be in a band that saves people’s lives!” I said.

“Love you gee.” he whispered.

“I love you too sugar… love you more than anyone ever could.” I whispered back as I rested my head on his shoulder.

fifteen years later.

“NOW WE ARE THE KIDS FROM YESTERDAY!” I yelled at the top of my lungs into the microphone, the crowd going crazy. I looked over at frank who was as usual full on going for it with his guitar. He walked over and started playing next to me. I caught him looking at me a winked with a grin.

This. This right here. Is forever. This is what I live for.

Me and frank… we stopped dating four years ago, we decided that it was better for both of us, and for the band, but we are still best friends.

I am now happily married to my beautiful wife Lyn-z, with my gorgeous daughter bandit, frank is married to his wife, Jamia and has two daughters, cherry and Lilly and a son called miles. My brother Mikey married Alicia and ray married Christa… we are all very happy!

I hope this never ends.

another fifteen years later,

“AND AS YOU ALL KNOW! THIS IS THE LAST EVER MCR SHOW IN THE HISTORY OFALL THAT’S EPIC!” I shouted down the mic Hearing all the fans boo in despair.

I was really going to miss this. This was my life support. The whole being on stage. It is… amazing. The band has got me through so much. The death of my parents… it had even helped me through drug addiction the second time round. I can’t believe that this is it. This is the last ever my chemical romance show. Ever.

“AND SO. AS A THANK YOU. WE ARE GOING TO PLAY YOU THIS ONE LAST SONG. THIS SONG. THIS SONG IS CALLED WE ARE THE KIDS FROM YESTERDAY AND I WANT YOU ALL TO REMEMBER IT WHEN EVER YOU ARE FEELING HURT OR UPSET OR DEPRESSED. I WANT YOU TO THINK OF THIS AND REMEMBER. THAT NO MATTER HOW BAD THINGS GET. THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU FEEL LIKE DYING. THAT WE ARE ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU GUYS. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU IS BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING AND SPEACIAL IN YOUR OWN WAY.. AND I HOPE YOU KNOW. THAT WE WILL YELL IT OUT TILL OUR HEART STOPS BEATING. WE ARE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE AND WE. ARE. THE KIDS. FROM. YESTERDAY!!” I shouted before I began to sing. The crowd went crazy, more than half of them were crying and smiling with smiles that I didn’t think could be that big.

Tears sprung to my eyes as I looked over to Mikey who was stood at the back like he always had, at frank whose eyes were welling up, yet none the less giving it his all, ray jumping about the stage, his ‘fro bobbing up and down.

This was the life. This was what it was all about. Seeing the crowd scream and cheer. Making me feel whole.

10 years later

I never really see him anymore frank. I see him every now and again… I’m 52 now, my daughter is 20 and currently over in Los Angeles with her boyfriend who was called… Mark. Man that name brought back memories!

We used to meet up occasionally but this stopped soon after… after… ray… passed. He got caught in a car accident on the motor way on the way to pick up his daughter from her friend’s house. I’m at his grave now, visiting him just on my own. I normally come down here once every two weeks, I sit here with ray, talking about everything and anything… not expecting a reply but just feeling comforted that I had still made the effort to come and see my best friend after all these years.

I miss him so much. I miss the band, I miss the way we used to be, and I miss being with Frankie… don’t get me wrong… I love Lyn-z and she is my world… but there is still something… I miss the way we used to be. That’s all.

Now we only meet up a few times a year, whenever we have the time.

It’s kinda sad really.


ten years later…

Life has just gone downhill since I lost my beautiful wife to cancer. Bandit has left home now too, she visits sometimes, and sometimes I see her down at Lyn-z’s grave, which is situated next to rays.

Mikey… well. I wouldn’t know. We aren’t as close since he got arthritis in his fingers and had to stop playing guitar. That broke him, it really did. It crushed him. He loved his bass, he loved the way he could hold music in his hands. And now he hates the way he can’t.

Since Lyn-z left us all… me and frank have been meeting up a lot more often. I made sure of it. I wasn’t going to lose another thing that made my world complete.

“so then frank… how ya’ doing?” I asked him as we sat down for coffee.

“Not very well if I’m honest… I miss the band gee… I miss ray, I miss Mikey, I miss Lyn-z I miss… you.” he said before looking down, the light catching on his face causing his wrinkles to cast a shadow across his face. This sight caused my chest to tighten…

“I know sugar… I know. I can’t believe that they have gone… you seen much of Mikey?” I asked him.

“Not really… you?” he asked.

I just shook my head. Slowly but surely everything that was important to me was being harshly ripped away from me, not caring about the scars it caused.

“Don’t leave me will you gee… I don’t think I would be able to bear it if you left me too.” He said looking up at me and taking my wrinkled hand for a second, making me feel 16 again, but then he let go again.

“I promise Frankie, that I won’t ever leave you. But you have to promise me sugar, that you won’t ever leave me” I said smiling sadly.

“I promise… you know… I love it when you call me sugar…” he said sighing.

“Because Frankie… of how sweet you are!” I said, the memory of the cinema coming back to me.

“The cashier… she…” he said laughing, remembering the date too.

“She had a beard!” I said laughing too.

We laughed for a good five minutes but soon we were pulled back to the harsh reality of broken lives. Something I didn’t want to happen.

“I hate this Frankie… I really do. It’s breaking my heart.” I whispered.

“Hey gee… well… you only hear the music when your heart begins to break…” he whispered back, quoting me not only from our favourite song… but also from… 54 years ago… whoa. That’s a long time…

“I know sugar… but I miss it so much…”

And I did. It was killing me.

ten years later…

Now Mikey has left me too. He was… harshly ripped away just like ray and Lyn-z taken from me. He’s with our grandma now… stupid stupid stupid flippin’ cancer. Cancer should die. Cancer… eugh. Words cannot state how much I hate cancer.

Jamia left Frankie too, along with both of his girls, taken by some cruel murderer… he’s locked up now though thankfully. So has Alicia, taken in her sleep, a week after Mikey passed.

Me and frank are the only ones left now. The last kids from yesterday. The only ones left.

We both know that our time is coming, we both know that there is not much longer to have to wait. We know that one day we can all be reunited… that we can all be together, that we can all be bullets, we can all be revengers, we can all be paraders, we can all be killjoys… we can all be the kids from yesterday… again. All together like we belong.

ten years later…

We both know. We both know that today is our last day… we are both in hospital, waiting, both in beds that we have pushed together ourselves despite the nurses saying we shouldn’t. we are both… hooked up to our life support machines, waiting for the moment the nurses tell us that they need to be used by someone else.. That they are needed… meaning that they had to be switched off.

Bandit couldn’t be here, the flight had been cancelled and she had told me she was heartbroken. She is in a band herself now, the lead singer, I’m so proud of her. I wrote her one last song and I left it on her bed in her room that was still overtaken by her childhood toys and fluffy unicorns that Mikey had given her…

I don’t care who says what… I am waiting for Frankie. We are both leaving together, whether they like it or not.

Me and Frankie have sat here in silence for the last ten minutes, holding each other’s hands in sadness, not believing that this was it. This was the very last day we would be able to spend together. We had promised each other and that was a promise we knew we had to keep to. At all costs.

“mr.way, it is time… would you like five minutes to yourself?” a small nurse with blonde hair said from the door.

“Excuse me miss, but we are both… you know… going together… so I would like to wait please.” I said quietly, my voice cracking with age.

“Yes, that’s quite alright Mr Way” she said leaving.

“I’m gonna miss you Frankie…” I said smiling and rubbing his hand gently.

“We won’t be apart for a minute babe… we can parade together…” he said looking at the beeping machine at his side.

“Yea… together for ever ay sugar?” I said with a soft sigh.

“Forever. Love you gee…” he replied sadly.

“Love you too Frankie…hey… it’s not like we haven’t lead a full life is it babe!” I said in an attempt to make him happier.

“Yea! Do you remember when we filmed the video for sing?” he said laughing.

“Yeh… and you started choking when you fell because you had gum in your mouth the first time round!” I said with a giggle.

“Yeah! And you tripped over when we were walking towards the building!” he said grinning.

“What about that time we played kickball… and you kicked it and it hit Mikey on the head?”

“Yea and we blamed it on ray!” he said poking me gently, his frail wrinkled hands shaking as he did so.

I couldn’t help myself. I broke down, tears falling from my eyes with no way to stop them.

“Hey gee! Come on now, no need for tears… they’re a waste of saltwater!” he said this made me smile.

“You remembered that!” I said looking down.

“I remember everything you have told me gee! Remember when I was gonna give up guitar and you told me not to because there was a chance that one day I could me in a band that saved people’s lives?” he said wiping away my tears.

“Yes…” I said shakily.

“Well gee… we made it…”

“Are you ready?” the blonde girl said from the door again.

I looked at Frankie and he nodded smiling at me.

“Yes…” I said taking his hand again holding it tightly.

“This is so unfair gee… we still have the 87 years of your life to talk about…” frank said a tear building up in the corner of his eye.

“We have had 87 years’ worth of life Frankie sugar… and we still have the whole of forever.” I said watching the tear finally escape from the corner of his eye.

“Are you scared gee?” he asked me.

“No. is you?” I said another tear falling from his eye.

“…yes…” he sighed.

“Well don’t be, I’m gonna be here with you until the end of everything.” I said kissing away the tear, only to have them replaced by my own.

“Demolition lovers…” he said squeezing my hand again.

“Indeed we are sugar.”

“It’s done…” the woman said before leaving us to ourselves.

“I… I don’t even know what to say…”

“Frankie… you don’t have to say anything…” I said both our hands shaking.

“Gee… will you sing with me one last time?” he asked through his tears.

“Kids from yesterday?” I asked and when he nodded I began, followed by Frankie joining in with me.

Well now this could be the last of all the rides we take,
So hold on tight and don't look back,
We don't care about the message or the rules they make,
I'll find you when the sun goes black.


I sang softly, the words coming back to me even though I was 87.

and you only live forever in the lights you make
When we were young we used to say
that you only hear the music when your heart begins to break
Now we are the kids from yesterday
” I said hugging Frankie.

We both sang together… the sound of the heart rate machine slowing down.

Today, today
we are the kids from yesterday
Today, today

Here we are and we won't stop breathing
Yell it out 'til your heart stops beating

We are the kids from yesterday
Today

Cause you only live forever in the lights you make
When we were young we used to say
That you only hear the music when your heart begins to break
Now we are the kids from yesterday


We both looked at each other for a moment before we heard the machine’s stop altogether.
“I love you gee.” He said my throat feeling tighter by the second.
“I love you too Frankie…” the room was beginning to get darker now.

“We are the kids from yesterday…” we both sang before we heard the piercing beep telling us… that we had made it. That we were all going to be fine. That we were all going to be together again.

one week later

The funeral was not too long after, the funeral being for both the killjoys, and the song played while the coffins were being lowered…



…we are the kids from yesterday…
this was really hard to write, and... i actually cried while i was writing this... please rate and reivew!
dont own them, thay are not daed (thakfully!! i would cry for days if they were! and i dont want them to be!
-ebony xo
Sign up to rate and review this story