Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Hurricane

Chapter Eight

by echeloncookie 1 review

Skyla finally admits her feelings to Shannon. They get closer than ever on the sand outside of the beach house.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2012-06-09 - Updated: 2012-06-09 - 1019 words - Complete

5Exciting

HURRICANE

CHAPTER EIGHT

As Jared drove closer to where Shannon was at, Skyla began getting even grumpier.

“Will you shut up?” Jared snapped at her.

“No! I'm tired of being treated like shit. So just take me to Shannon and I'll see you later.” Skyla grabbed her bag and got ready to get out of the car. “Thanks for the ride, I guess.”

Jared escorted her to the front door; as he watched her go, it began raining.

“Typical,” he sighed as he turned and left. Skyla watched him from the covered porch as he headed back to his Cobra. She looked at herself and realized she was soaking wet from the rain. She shivered as she knocked on Shannon's door.

“Hello- oh.” Shannon said as he saw who it was at the door. “What is it?”

“Can I stay here for a bit?” she asked him. Her eyes began tearing up.

Shannon walked over and wrapped his arms around her. “Of course you can.”

“Thanks,” she told him. He grabbed her bag and carried it back upstairs to the room she slept in. “So what have you done since I have been gone?”

“Nothing much; I'm trying to decide on something to eat. You want something?” he called down to her.

“Yes, please; I haven't had anything to eat yet.” Skyla sat down on a couch as he came bounding back down the stairs.

“I think you need a change of clothes. Maybe something warmer and less wet?” he asked her. He grabbed her hand and led her to his room. “Stand right here,” he instructed her. He dug out a pair of his old pajama pants and an old white tee shirt that hung to the middle of her thighs. When she peeled her wet clothes off, she realized that her entire body was drenched. She grabbed a dry towel and dabbed at herself, drying her body off. She cracked the door open and Shannon handed her his clothes.

“Thanks,” she told him. She pulled his clothes on and was engulfed by his cologne. She inhaled deeply and smiled.

“So what do you want to eat?” he asked her. Skyla began pulling at a string on the hem of her shirt; she reached up and scratched at her neck as she became increasingly more nervous. Shannon put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close. “You know, Jared doesn't know what all he's missing out on. If I were him, I'd spend every moment I can with you.”

“Thanks, Shannon,” Skyla told him. She wrapped her arms around his chest and listened to his heartbeat, and soon they were both asleep. Shannon jerked his head up and carried Skyla up to her room. He laid her down on the bed after he watched her drift away to sleep. He stood up and walked back down the stairs toward the living room, listening for a slight mumble from her. She rolled over and groaned, causing Shannon to look over at her from his seat. He could see her slumbering away on the bed, and he gave a little smile as she suddenly hopped up from the bed. He studied her, disheveled hair and all, as she made her way back downstairs.

“Where are you headed?” Shannon asked her.

“Bathroom,” She replied, and promptly shut the bathroom door behind her. Shannon laughed quietly at Skyla as she headed to the bathroom; when she came back out her hair was brushed and she was running her hand through it. Shannon slipped her arm through his and escorted her out of the house; he figured that maybe a walk along the beach is just what she needed.

“Hey Skyla, wanna take a walk along the beach?” he asked her.

“Sure. Just let me put my shoes on,” she told him.

Shannon watched her as she slipped her sneakers on, and when she finished he dragged her out the door. “Let's go!”

“Okay, okay!” Skyla ran out the door behind him. “So what do you want to tell me?” she asked him sheepishly.

“You and Jared... what all is going on there? One minute you're together, the next minute you aren't...” he said. Skyla shrugged.

“I don't know. I just figure the reason why we are fighting more is because of us being this. Skyla and Jared, Jared and Skyla.” She looked at Shannon and sighed. “I have a question.”
“Yes?”

“If I told you Jared and I had had unprotected sex, and there was a small possibility that I could be pregnant, what would you say?” Skyla asked him quietly. They flopped down in the sand under a pier and watched the tides roll in.

“Please don't ask me this. I think this stuff should be kept between you and Jared. But if you are pregnant, I think you should give the baby up for adoption.” Shannon wrapped his arms around her.

“I'm not sure about the whole “adoption/abortion” thing, but I don't know if I could even give a baby up. I'm going to have to take another test later on to be sure.” Skyla wrapped her arms around her legs and allowed a few tears to escape. She quickly wiped them away, but not before Shannon saw. He kissed her on the top of her head.

“You'll be okay. I promise.” As he comforted her, he leaned over and gave Skyla a small hug. When he pulled away, he couldn't help but lean in and give her a kiss. Skyla smiled and kissed him back, loving the tingling sensation she got from kissing him. Shannon pushed her into the sand and she continued on kissing him. They rolled around for a few hours, the hair on their heads covered in sand. Shannon and Skyla soon stripped down to nothing but their skivvies and a thick layer of sand. Shannon leaned up to look at her, but before he had a chance to say anything, Skyla pushed him off and grabbed her clothes.

“Shannon, I think I made a mistake with Jared. I-I still love you,” she stuttered.
Sign up to rate and review this story