Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Orange Blossom

Vivian

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Mike is lost in his boredom when he runs into a somewhat familiar face.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2012-06-09 - Updated: 2012-06-10 - 553 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Vivian:

March 7th, 2010.

Mike's bored again. Stella's dead, Emiko's in Heaven, Hotaru's in a slump, and Kazue… No, just no. Plus, his mischief had been quiet lately. Mike leaned back on the porch. He shut his eyes and gritted his teeth. This isn't working/, he thought. He looked out onto the yard. /Nothing is fun anymore/, the demon thought. /All of the cool people are gone. It's too quiet without Emiko around. Hoto-chan and Little Miss Sunshine aren't much fun either. He sighed at himself. I need something new…

Suddenly, he paused and looked up. A woman stood at the foot of the driveway, watching. She looked about eighteen, give or take. Mike watched her, perplexed. A tourist? The girl looked up and spotted him. She tried to flag him down. Mike simply looked on at her.

/And now she wants help/, he thought. He dropped his shoulders. /Alright/, the man thought. He stood up and walked over to her. The girl began to relax. Mike stood inches away from her.

"Can I help you?" he asked. The black girl took in a breath.

"Excuse me," she said. "I'm trying to find this address. Do you know where it is?" She handed him a piece of paper. The demon read it to himself.

"Kimoto Manor?" he asked.

"That's right," she said. Mike then got a good look at her. Shock rocked him down to the wire.

"Stella?" he asked. The girl gave him a strange look.

"How do you know my sister?" she asked. Mike blinked puzzled.

"Sister?" he asked.

"That's right," she said. Mike tried to put it together. I get it! It makes sense now/, he thought. /Aw crap! He stared intently at this girl. Yep, there she was: Stella's round face, deep caramel eyes, and slender nose. Only, this girl's cheeks were fatter and she looked thinner. The girl blinked at him.

"Sir?" she asked. "Sir? Sir? Hello?" Mike quickly looked up.

"What?" he asked. The girl raised an eyebrow at him.

"Do you know where the house is or not?" she asked. It took a moment for Mike to understand the question. He nodded to keep up.

"Yeah, yeah," the demon said. "Sure. I know where it is. Come with me." Mike took the way. The girl followed behind.

"So, Stel was your sister, huh?" he asked.

"That's right," she said. Mike glance back at her.

"What's your name?" he asked. The girl straightened her tie.

"Vivian," she said. "Vivian Craig."

"Vivian," Mike repeated. He didn't understand, but for some reason a new warmth unfold in his chest.

"So, what brings you to Japan?" the demon asked.

"I'm on the foreign exchange program at Tokyo University," Vivian said.

"Todai, huh?" he asked. "You don't say."

"Uh-huh," she said. "I start tomorrow."

"You don't say," Mike replied.

"I'm staying at the Kimoto Manor," Vivian went on.

"Interesting," he said.

"Excuse me," Vivian spoke up. Mike glanced over at her.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"How do you know my sister?" she asked. Mike froze in his tracks, but he didn't turn around.

"I dated your sister," he admitted. Vivian looked on with a blank face.

"What?" she asked. Her question did not reach him. For a new storm of confusion turned in his head. One with Vivian Crag dead center.
Sign up to rate and review this story