Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

The road home (kiss #20)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-07-06 - Updated: 2006-07-07 - 537 words

0Unrated
The road home (kiss #20)

By kira

Author's note: More LJ kisses based on "Moonlight" featuring Izayoi and Inutaisho.



Inutaisho stood there, clutching his side, as he gazed up at the sealed form of Ryukotsusei. He still could not believe he had actually pinned the dragon to the side of the mountain with his broken nail. Since he survived the encounter for the moment, he gave the dragon one last look, before turning painfully on his heel and heading home.

There was only one thought on his mind now after getting his revenge, and that was his beloved Izayoi. It was the young human concubine who held a special place in his heart above his wife and he longed to get back to her. Gathering what remained of his strength, he transformed into his giant dog form as it was not only easier to maintain than his human one, it also made it easier for him to cover the distances quickly. So he hurried home, leaving a trail of blood behind him, heedless of the pain that coursed through his tired and battered body. Dying, he had to get home.

He had traveled the road home many times before in his life, but never had he felt the same sense of urgency that he felt now. Never before had it hurt so much to return, not even when he had brought Izayoi to his home and saw the pain on his wife's face as he introduced her to his human mate. It was worse than the time he had spent the whole trip home arguing with his son over the wisdom of declaring the girl's pup to be his own.

As he put one sore paw in front of the other, Inutaisho pushed the bad thoughts out of his mind and replaced them with happier ones. He recalled the time he came home with the fire rat haori and hakama for Inuyasha and how happy his son was to get it. And the time he came home and his wife told him she was with pup. He also remembered the time he had taken Sesshomaru out to show him the lay of the land and how when they were in sight of the castle, Sesshomaru had begged him to delay coming home. More memories of various trips home flooded his mind and kept him distracted from his pain and the knowledge that this was his last trip home.

When he came close enough, Inutaisho resumed his human form and walked the last couple of ri home, half dead and numb with pain. He stumbled onwards dragging himself through the quickly opened gates, heedless of his men who crowded around him. He looked around blindly, trying to find her when he did. Gathering the last ounce of strength he had left, Inutaisho made his way towards her.

Izayoi hurried over to him, her worst fears confirmed when she saw the look of pain on his face that overrode the joy. Somehow she managed to meet him in time, and pulling him close, she kissed one last time. Breaking the kiss, Inutaisho smiled at her, happy he had made it home before everything went black as he collapsed and died...
Sign up to rate and review this story