Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog

Silver dagger

by Blackcatwitchy 1 review

Shadow the Hedgehog is a killer of nobles with a haunted past. As he gos on with his bloody deeds he finds love and new path. Shadouge with a hint of Sonamy.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Shadow,Rouge,Sonic,Knuckles - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-06-11 - Updated: 2012-06-12 - 8093 words - Complete

1Ambiance
He hated life. Not for its turmoil or tragedy. But for the fact people can be happy while this is going on. He is Shadow, Shadow the Hedgehog. This hate goes a little deeper than that. He hates all politicians and nobles alike whom have a darker purpose, abusing their power. A certain member of the Acorn family, a cruel tyrant, took away the only thing that he cared about. For this reason is why he stands on a chandelier, above the limp body of King Elias Acorn, laying in a pool of his own blood with a dagger in his back.
Shadow was dressed in all black, black pants, shirt, vest, mask, hat, belt, and gloves. High above the rest, at the top of the throne room, no one noticed him for the scene below. An assortment of servants gathered around the body of their late king. None spoke; the pride of the assassin grew as he saw them trying to suppress a grin. When his sister arrived a loud shriek pierced the air giving the dark hero with that single dagger under his belt, the cue to leave.
Shadow leapt off said chandelier and into the forest of the night (he literally went into the forest at night, just clarifying). As he jumped skillfully from tree to tree, something made him stop, two maidens below him, wearing black cloaks. One pulled off her hood and she was a pink hedgehog with her pink quills tied up in a bun with a blue ribbon. Shadow recognized her as the daughter of Lord Emerald Rose, Amelia Diane Rose. She is known all around the kingdoms for her kindness and obvious (and slightly obsessive) crush for Prince Sonic. The second revealed herself. She was a white bat with deep aquamarine eyes. She was no other than the Mysterious Lady, the heir of the Blueblood line.
She is called this because everyone rarely ever sees her outside of her father’s estate. There have been rumors she is a vampire and therefore cannot go out to see the light of day. Some say she practices black magic and goes through with ceremonies that last for days on end. Shadow knows that these are just village gossipers’ ideas who are bored with the usual street profanity. Though he would not mind if her being something darker than what she appeared to be was to be true. He thought “The perfect dark maiden for one as dark as myself.” Shadow was shocked by his own thought and decided to revert his attention to the conversation going on below him.
“Sorry to ask you to meet me in such a place,” said the Mysterious Lady, “it’s just there is no where safe to talk anymore.” “Oh it’s okay,” said Amy, “I understand your limitations.” “Uh, I know. My father just doesn’t understand,” said Mysterious Lady. “Have you heard? The Silver Dagger did it again!” said Amy, “He killed Lord Hamilton and now those poor farmers can finally live bountiful lives under his son Marcus.” “Sigh, I know,” said the Mysterious Lady, “I wish he would come and whisk me off to some where I can be free and with him.” “Rouge! Of all the people! You in love with the Silver Dagger mass murder of nobles!” Amy said in mock dismay. Although you couldn’t see under the mask, Shadow, still in a tree, was blushing. “Rouge?” he thought.
Rouge knew she couldn’t hide anything from her friend. Not even the most, mild gloomy mood could escape those watchful emeralds. “Alright, I’m head over heels for the Silver Dagger! Happy?” said Rouge. “Yes,” said Amy. “But you know he’s not so bad,” said Rouge “he might actually be loving, kind, and gentle but dark with hard exterior.” At this Shadow left for he was blushing so bad he swears you could see it through the mask. “What will she think of her “hero” when he murders her own father Sorrow Blueblood,” Shadow thought, “Will she still want to come with me then? Why am I even worried about that? I barely know her, and what has been kept from her? I thought she would talk about the secret the Bluebloods are royalty. Oh well, may chance be on my side.” So with this fresh in his mind, off he went to his little cottage at the end of a small cobblestone path.
The cottage wasn’t anything special even with all the money he gets from his job. He’s a silver smith; it even says so on a sign above the forge next to the cottage. The cottage itself is made of brick with a cobblestone lining, and tarred roof with a stone chimney sticking out. Shadow went into his home, stashed his killing “uniform”, and got ready for bed. As he drifted off to sleep his last thoughts were “Rouge, what pretty name for such a pretty lady. Maybe I will whisk you away in the night.” With that, instead of his usual night terrors of his loss, were images of his dark mistress waiting for him.
BACK WITH AMY AND ROUGE
“You know if he’s the hero you say he is than I hope he disposes of that dreadful King Elias,” said Amy. “Yes, and then Sonic will be free of his sister for the promise of when they were unsure Elias would be king, for her hand to Antoine,” said Rouge and at this Amy blushed, “though I too, have a desire, even though it may be just a tad vile, for my love to come and kill my father.” All Amy said was “I know.” As the two were sharing their fantasies of how their love shall come for them, a shooting star fell from the heavens. “Look!” exclaimed Amy, “Make a wish!” Rouge’s thoughts “Please let King Elias and my father fall by the Silver Dagger’s hand, and I to become his partner and possibly his fiancé.” Amy’s thoughts, “Kill Elias and Sorrow with your finest blade Silver Dagger, and I wish Sonic and I by fate or wish to be put together on an adventure.”
THE NEXT MORNING WITH ROUGE AND AMY AT TEA
Rouge and Amy were happily chatting about the upcoming dance at the Blueblood estate. While they were talking a servant came to them. “Your ladyships,” the servant said. “Yes?” said Amy. “King Elias has been found dead,” said the Servant.
CHAPTER 2: JUST THE BEGINNING
IN CASTLE SACRA WITH SONIC
Sonic was sitting in his study (it looks like the oval office ok); he had just received a letter from Sally.
Dear Sonic,
My brother, Elias, has been murdered and now I am the next in line for the throne. When it was not evident whether or not my late brother was going to be king, a promise was made. That promise was for me to marry Lord Antoine. Please my love, may we be together in holy matrimony. You need not give me a gift of promise. Only you are what I want.
Yours Truly, Sally
“Maxwell!” said Sonic. “Yes sir.” said Maxwell a small black cat about the age of 13 with dark green eyes that had no pupils wearing a tux. “Take a letter.” said Sonic. Maxwell took out a blue piece of parchment and a black quill. “My dear Sally, I am sorry to inform you. It has become apparent that I do not feel the same passion as you. So, I must tell you I cannot save you from marrying Antoine. Have a lovely day, Sonic.” said Sonic. “Now Maxwell, prepare a carriage. I am off to see my dear friend the silver smith.” said Sonic. Sonic didn’t know, but Amy and Rouge a.k.a the Mysterious Lady were headed to the same place.
AT THE SILVER SMITH
Shadow was working on a very fine crown. The crown was a net work of silver vines weaved together, which as it reaches to the three points grow leaves. The delicate leaves became bigger towards the top and on each point on the center with a sapphire shaped like a dewdrop. This magnificent crown he’s working on is for his friend Prince Sonic, who was visiting today.
Just as Shadow finished the final detail, Sonic walked into the forge. The forge is rather simple. In the center is a log with an iron anvil on it, near it the glowing embers in the actual forge where he heats the lovely pieces of silver to be shaped into magnificent pieces of art. The forge itself had four stone walls with a wooden fence at the front with a gate and an opening in the roof of wood to let the smoke.
“Hello my dear friend,” said Sonic. Sonic was not nobly dressed to those of the time, but certainly showed power and wealth. What he wore was a midnight blue long sleeve shirt and pants with his usual red shoes, a flowing thread-of-silver cape, and white gloves. “Greetings your majesty,” said Shadow who was wearing a plane cotton shirt, brown pants, steel toed, leather boots, and slightly singed leather apron.
“Why so formal,” asked Sonic “you and I are after all friends?” “I merely refer to you as such for we are in the presence of two ladies of nobility,” said Shadow. Sonic turned around to find Amy and Rouge standing at the gate. Amy was in a light blue gown that went just above her ankles, hugged her curves, and had shower of white ribbon come off of one of the short sleeves. She had her quills tied up in a bun with a white ribbon and wore white slippers. Rouge was wearing a dress with a burgundy skirt that fell in layers, a black top that hugged her torso while showing of some of her cleavage. She was also wearing a black shall with a red lining.
“Good morning, Lady Rose and Lady Blueblood,” said Sonic. “Why so formal,” teased Amy “after all we are friends.” Which was true they were friends but Sonic knew (as well as the rest of the kingdoms, gossip of nobles is so popular amongst town folk) that she wanted to be more than that. At the remark Amy made Shadow who couldn’t help the smirk that crossed his face.
“Well than Amy I would like to introduce you to my dear friend Shadow,” said Sonic. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Amelia,” said Shadow. “Please, call me Amy, “ said Amy gesturing to Rouge “and I would like you two to meet my friend Rouge also known as the Mysterious Lady.” “It’s a pleasure,” said Shadow after kissing Rouge’s hand. At this Rouge blushed and said “Indeed, What I mean is…um…you’re too kind.” Amy giggled and Sonic smirked. Shadow went straight again and said “Are you really that excited to see your new crown, or are you happy about something else?”
Just then a shriek pierced the air. “Ah, I see our blue prince is free to the ladies once again,” said Shadow. Amy gasped in excitement. “Yes, and I plan on finding one not quite so dire that we stay so close to home.” “Oh, how rude of me, I have customers and I have been completely ignoring them,” said Shadow with a false hopeless expression that made Amy and Rouge giggle. “How may I be of service?” “We would like two identical pendants shaped like silver daggers,” said Rouge “and we would like it to look like this one specifically.” Out of a pocket hidden in her shawl Rouge took out a silver dagger. The very dagger Shadow had killed Elias with.
“Why, may I ask, would you want a silver dagger pendant?” said Shadow. “Promise to keep a secret,” said Rouge. Sonic and Shadow nodded. “I am a fan of his work,” Rouge said. Sonic and Shadow understood right away what she meant. She liked the fact the Silver Dagger killed cruel nobles (who wouldn’t and he’s hot). “Alright I’ll have them ready by this Sunday,” said Shadow. “Wonderful,” said Amy and with that the two ladies left.
“You’re him aren’t you?” said Sonic. “What do you mean?” said Shadow. “While you were entertaining the ladies I thought I’d take a look around,” said Sonic while he pulled out Shadow’s killing “uniform” “and I found this under the most unsuspecting floor board.” “Are you going to turn me in?” said Shadow. “Only if you don’t tell me what’s going on with Rouge and let me on one of your kills,” said Sonic. “Alright she’s a very nice lady and I would not mind being in her company more often and a soft prince like you, a killer?” said Shadow. “Why not?” said Sonic.
AMY AND ROUGE WALKING FROM THE FORGE
“Well he was nice,” Amy said. “And handsome too,” said Rouge. “Only if they were the same person,” said Amy. “Only if,” said Rouge. As they went along they saw a wagon draped with red velvet. On the wagon was a sign that said “Come in to receive thy greatest desire or knowledge of an event yet to unfold”. “Come on Rouge lets go inside,” said Amy excitedly. “Sure!” said Rouge.
When they opened the iron door they saw a crazed bear pointing a knife at the shadows behind a table draped with black satin with a crystal ball sitting on a silver pedestal. “What did you do witch? Answer me!” said the bear. The bear was wearing a green shirt with torn off sleeves, gray pants and no shoes. “I am a gypsy not a witch,” said a cool, feminine voice from the shadows. “You ruined me!” the bear yelled. “My dear Stewart, I only gave you what you desired” said the voice again. “Because of you all I want is my life to be over,” said Stewart. As soon as he said that he started to writhe. With one sickening twist of his head, he started to have blood gushing from his mouth and fell to the floor. As Amy went down to see if there was any chance he lived, he turned to ash and blew away.
“Now my dear guests, how may I be of service?” said the voice. “I think just a fortune telling I think,” said Rouge a little scared. “Please have a seat,” said the girl who stepped out of the shadows. The girl was a young kitsune about 13. She wore tight black pants with black boots lined with brass that went up to her knee, a loose sleeved white shirt and brass bodice. Over her bodice and shirt she wore a long vest lined with brass that reached the floor and had a high collar. On her hands she wore brass gauntlets and on her head a wide brimmed, black hat that showed her ears. She had five tails that were white with red tips. Her face was all white, which her dark purple eyes shone brightly.
The kitsune sat down on one side of the table and Amy and Rouge on the other. “I am Dark,” said the kitsune. “Yes I can see that,” said Amy. “No, what I mean is that is my name,” said Dark (I know, I’m here too). “Oh, sorry,” said Amy. With that Dark put her hands above the globe and black and red smoke formed in it. “Look no further but search down deep and your dream is there, handed to you, do not waste that treasure,” said Dark. “And?” said Rouge. “That’s it,” said Dark a little disappointed as well. “Who’s it for?” said Amy. “Both of you,” said Dark. Rouge gave Dark a few gold coins; they both thanked her, and left. “I wonder what that meant,” said Amy.
LATER ON AT MIDNIGHT WITH SHADOW AND SONIC
Shadow dressed in his killing “uniform” with a silver dagger under his belt with Sonic dressed similarly next to him. They were standing on a tree looking at the Blueblood estate. It was a tall, ominous mansion. It was all black with blue lining. “See the light on the second floor?” said Shadow. Sonic nodded. “That’s where he is and where we’re going to kill him,” said Shadow. Sonic and Shadow leapt off the tree and ran towards the gate at the edge the estate. The two nimbly jumped over it. When they reached a corner of the mansion they climbed up the vines on the wall. They then were on either side of the window of the lit room
“Now what?” said Sonic? “At the tolling of 12:30 we go through the window and hide behind the curtain,” said Shadow. Five minutes passed and at the exact time a maid left Sorrow’s (recap, Sorrow is Rouge’s dad) tea at his door. Sonic and Shadow quickly but silently crept through the room to the black curtain next to the display case behind Sorrow’s desk. “Cozy, huh?” said Sonic. “Be quite,” said Shadow. “What do we do? And what’s that smell?” said Sonic. “When Sorrow comes to admire his display case you hold him down and I kill him,” said Shadow “and he collects the venom of vampires which he holds in diamonds and it tends to get bloody.” “Oh,” said Sonic a little freaked out “and what were you planning to do before I ‘offered’ to help?” “Wing it when the time came,” said Shadow. Sonic was stunned by this, Shadow sounded a lot more like him then he’d like to admit.
As if on cue Sorrow came to admire his gory jewels. First Sonic leapt at him, covered Sorrow’s mouth with his hand and held him in place. Shadow then came out with his silver dagger and said “I hope you don’t mind, I’m going to ask your daughter to be with me.” He then stabbed Sorrow whom had nothing but fury in his eyes. Sonic let him fall to the ground limp and dead. The two killers then left without a trace.
THE NEXT MORNING
Rouge was walking down the hall when she saw the light in her father’s study was on. “Was he working all night,” thought Rouge “AGAIN!” She then entered to wake him up. When she looked at the desk where she expected him to be he wasn’t. Rouge walked behind it and saw her father dead on the floor in a pool of blood. At this she screamed more out of surprise and joy than sadness. Though the servants couldn’t tell the difference so she decided to go with and fake cried. She then found a note on the dagger, snatched it, ran to her room and locked the door.

My dear love Mysterious Lady,
I want to tell you how much I desire to get to know you. I must also inform you how sorry I am that it came to be your father’s name on my list. Please forgive me. It would be as if you were driving a dagger through my heart if you said you hated me forever. Although, I will understand if you do come to hate me for my actions. If you say you love me even with the trail of blood I have left, I will be overcome by joy. For ever since I have seen your sweet smile and your sparkling eyes I would feel above the world. Just to see you is like heaven. My dark mistress, you are my goddess, my sun, my breath. Please do not take this from me with the simple word “no”.
Yours always, Silver Dagger
P.S. Give letter to Silver Stripes
Rouge started to tear up because of the beauty of the letter. It was even better than she had imagined. She knew exactly who “Silver Stripes” was. Who else but Shadow?
SAME TIME AT SHADOW’S FORGE
Shadow was working on the first pendant’s fine wire work on the handle using his dagger as a guide even though he knew the pattern by heart. He merely had it there for show so if someone came it wouldn’t look suspicious. Though for a certain princess it would look just the opposite. Sally came through the gate with three of her guards. Seeing the dagger she immediately tells them to hold him. “Take him to the dungeon,” said Sally “for helping the assassin Silver Dagger, by providing his weaponry.” Shadow thought “Good, they don’t know I’m the Silver Dagger, Sonic you better leave Rouge out of your crazy Ideas.”
WITH SONIC IN HIS STUDY
“Why am I always in my study when I receive bad news?” thought Sonic. He had just gotten a letter from Sally that said she had caught Shadow with one of the Silver Dagger’s daggers. Shadow was to be put on trial today at noon and Sonic was to be his lawyer. “I know I put her down, but why does she have to take it on Shadow?” thought Sonic. He just then got an epiphany. “But does he need to be innocent?” thought Sonic. “Maxwell!” said Sonic. “Let me guess,” said Maxwell “take a letter.” Sonic nodded with a large grin on his face.

MY INTERUPTION TIME
Mau-ha-ha-ha-hah! What could Sonic be planning? Is he going to betray Shadow? Who knows? Keep reading my minions! Keep reading!
ROUGE IN HER ROOM
Rouge had received the same letter except for about being the lawyer. The only thing keeping her from crying (all courts where Sally is on a rampage ends badly) was the letter Sonic had sent (I’m stopping with the fancy text, sorry if you liked it like that). “Dear Rouge, I assume you know what happened. I am his lawyer but I don’t think he should be found innocent. Sally’s wonderful reputation of getting what she wants will fail but also unfortunately will the Silver Dagger’s of not being seen. Please believe me. Silver Stripes is the Silver Dagger. So you shall find under the board behind the bed a suit about your size under. He used to have a sister. Now, at 12:15, while wearing the suit you have to come and take Shadow away. Your friend, Sonic. P.S burn,” the letter said.
Rouge left in her cloak and ran as fast as she could to Shadow’s house. The adrenaline pumping fast not just for the excitement of this adventure but the fact that her two loves are the same. She found the suit and put it on. It fit perfectly. While she examined herself in the mirror a selfish thought crossed her mind. She immediately looked around her love’s room. Then she found what she was looking for. A small leather book with “journal” inscribed in a brass plate on the front. She turned to the most recent entry in it, trying not to be too prying.
“I have recently seen the most beautiful lady. I saw her coming home from one of my most recent walks. I fear for actions that shall come that she will not love me. She is the Mysterious Lady.” At reading this Rouge blushed “I know my fantasy could get me arrested if her father ever found out. Not only because he is cruel but because she is a lady of the court. I am a mere silver smith. Though I still wish to hear her melodic voice filling my ears with song, her gentle lips caressing mine so I might be able to taste her honey for such a sweet heart there must be such a taste. Though just to see her smile. The one that could melt the ice caps of Mobius’s poles or the hearts of the most fierce snow giants would be enough to satisfy me, but alas, I fear we may never be.”
At this she was crying. She never thought the cool exterior of the smith could hold the gentle romantic. She was imagining the same fantasies as Shadow wrote when the clock tolling 11:30 reminded her of what she needed to do. She gently set the journal down and left Shadow’s home.

12:10 COURT HOUSE
“Your honor this man should be hung,” said Geoffrey (if you’ve read the comics you should know who he is) “he has been found with the very dagger the Silver Dagger uses. He was making necklaces with pendants to look like the dagger obviously to be used for a kind of recognition for their secret society.” “I find you are making a theory from a mere glance Geoffrey,” said Sonic “He was using the dagger as a base for the pendants. Now why would he do that if he was the supplier of said weapon?” “He was trying to cover up that fact,” said Geoffrey unconvincingly. “Damn, I’m winning,” thought Sonic “Though I can’t make me look like a suspect, for that, would ruin my plan entirely.” “Yes he was concealing something,” said Sonic. Rosemary (again, comics) looked at Sonic confused. “But not for his sake but for the sake of two young ladies who were fond of the Silver Dagger’s work. As you all know, if this got out, how reputation crushing it may be.”
Precisely at 12:14 a high pitched ringing went through the room causing everyone to duck and cover their ears. Rouge, as described, swung down from one of the balconies lifting Shadow from the scene. When the ringing stopped they realized Shadow was gone. Standing on the roof Rouge had an idea. With Shadow out of sight Rouge stuck her head through the slanted window and yelled “Thou think only a man is worth the indulgence of evil? You sicken us. Especially you Sally Acorn. The succubus you are. You only search for greedy men when I am your dagger. Your stopper of true evil. I ask you, people of the court not to see only in the darkness and light, but the shades in between. I leave you with this if I am stopping a killer with death, am I truly evil?” As promised Rouge, along with Shadow left.
Down below Sally was in a full out tantrum. No one stopped her for they were still all to stunned from what Rouge said. Surprisingly only Sonic knew it was Rouge. Speaking of Sonic, he may have worn a stoic look but inside he was laughing and smiling as bright as a million stars.
WITH ROUGE AND SHADOW IN A TREE NEAR HER ESTATE
“So what do you think,” Rouge said “was that fit for the Silver Dagger.” “And more,” was all Shadow said. They were both sitting on a branch next to each other concealed by leaves. As they were laughing they stared into one another’s eyes. When they stopped they started to lean closer together. When they were only two inches apart Shadow said “I’m sorry I killed your father.” “I didn’t like him much anyway,” said Rouge. They closed their eyes and touched each other’s lips with theirs. Shadow gently licked Rouge’s lips and she admitted him entrance. They then kissed passionately with each other’s tongues traveling every crevice finding their partner’s sore spots. When they finally pulled away Shadow gently sucked on rouge’s bottom lip slowly separating his mouth from hers.
They didn’t notice anyone at first all they saw were each other’s eyes, ruby and aquamarine. “That was so romantic!” said Amy. This made Rouge and Shadow jump. “How long have you been there?” said Rouge embarrassed and slightly angry at her friend for ruining the moment? “I should ask you the same thing,” said Amy giggling. The two lovers blushed at this notion. “Well anyway Sonics here and he wants to explain his plan to you,” said Amy “I think you’ll like it.”
INSIDE THE FAMILY ROOM OF THE ESTATE
Shadow, Rouge, and Amy were sitting on the sofa while Sonic paced in-front of them. “So, Shadow has falsely been exposed as the supplier to the Silver Dagger as well as the Silver Dagger being exposed to be a woman which all of this is not a bad thing,” said Sonic “In two days, even though Sally would like to be doing other things, is her crowning ball. Amy and I shall attend as a couple while Rouge and her ‘butler’ will attend the play Death where They Married, which is the same that Antoine, is going to.” “You are such a stalker,” said Rouge. “Yes, well, girls!” said Sonic. Then four girls came in dressed in all black with a dark blue chao following them. They were all cats, one with yellow fur and black hair cut in a pixie cut and amber eyes appeared to be the leader. Next to her was a blue cat with long white hair and green eyes was in a very heated argument with the red cat next to her. The red cat had hair that only went to her shoulders that looked like fire and blue eyes. A silver cat with black eyes and gold hair tied in a bun did not look like she wanted to be here.
“Hello I am Ryn,” said the yellow one “the blue one is Lyn, the red one Hyn, and the silver one is Cyn.” “He does not have moobs!” said Lyn. “Yes he does,” said Hyn. “Will you two just stop it!” said Cyn. Ryn bent over and started laughing like crazy. She looked up with smile that showed her teeth and said “you two start this up again and I’ll let Lia make you miserable.” “OK,” Lyn and Hyn said simultaneously. Ryn instantly went back to normal and saw the scared expressions on Amy, Rouge, and Shadow’s faces. Sonic was totally unaffected because he has met stranger people. “I’m assuming Lia is the chao,” said Shadow. Ryn nodded.
“This is the Black Cat Secret Service also known as the B.C.S.S,” said Sonic “They are an important part of my plan for they are going to be what everyone will be focused on while Shadow kills Antoine, Amy captures Sally, and I go get the two pieces of evidence that will prove Rouge is the true heir of half of the kingdom of Acorn.” “You do realize that your plan is extremely incomplete,” said Shadow. Sonic’s fists clenched, he gritted his teeth and said “unlike you Shadow I am not a stalker of the high and mighty.” “Then how did you know about Antoine,” asked Shadow. Sonic stiffened, gave a look of despair and said “I read your notes from your past escapades.” “You what?!” said Shadow. “How about we just go about filling in the blank spaces sweetie? We’re lucky that Sonic did all of this. If I become one of royal stature I can give you a pardon and even if the whole romantic thing doesn’t work out we can be friends,” said Rouge “and you better not kill him or Amy will tear you apart.” At this Shadow calmed and slowly backed away from Amy who was giving him a death glare.
TWO DAYS LATER AT SALLY’S CROWNING BALL 6:30
Sonic and Amy walked through the large maple doors. Amy was wearing a red mermaid dress with a high color and sleeves that went to her elbows and Sonic, a white tuxedo. Behind them was Maxwell with a very large gift wrapped in silver paper (hint) sitting on top of a purple velvet pillow that held the suit for Amy. “Why is everyone staring at us?” said Sonic. “Oh I don’t know, maybe because you’re coming to the crowning ball of the who everyone thought you liked but turned down the proposal of marriage with a girl whom appears to be your secret lover without a care of possibly ticking her off,” said Amy. Sonic just stared at her stunned. He knew she was good at reading emotions but never this good. “All girls would notice this, it’s not my freaky power of emotion reading at all,” Amy said. “She can read minds too, quick citizens hide your children!” thought Sonic. “It’s me who the mind reader is not the town’s people,” said Amy. Sonic then had an epiphany.
SAME TIME OPERA HOUSE
Rouge was sitting in a simple, polished, oak chair in an ivory balcony with blue carpet and red curtains closing off the balcony from the hall. She was wearing a simple, scarlet dress that reached her ankles that was low cut with short sleeves. About 600 seats of maple were filled below her. The balcony she sat in was one of six; there were three on each side of the grand, white structure topped with a golden dome. She was not interested on what lay upon the black stage with purple curtains and an arch of plaster embellished with the designs of flowers and masks. What she was so interested in was the King Antoine and Shadow the Silver Dagger in full uniform, looming in the darkness where he was noticed by no one but Rouge.
BACK AT THE CROWNING BALL
Everyone was dancing except Sally sitting on the thrown in a green dress that hugged her torso and had no sleeves, Sonic, Amy whom had just entered, and Maxwell who was putting the grand gift upon the table with the other gifts for Sally, and neatly placed the pillow next to table near an open door that led out of the dance hall into a hall from which you could go to the restroom or a door near the throne. Sonic held out his hand to Amy and asked “care to dance.” Amy took his hand and said “I do not care but I wish to dance.” The two danced so gracefully and happily together it looked and felt to them they were walking on air. Sally of coarse was absolutely furious about this and yet could do nothing which made her even angrier. “Now remember, when it reaches intermission the B.C.S.S will begin the turn of power.” said Sonic. Amy nods.
SHADOW
“Now comes the time for intermission,” thought Shadow “and soon my performance.”
BACK AT THE OPERA HOUSE
Intermission finally came and Rouge stood up and left the balcony. She went down the hall in the direction of the stage side of the hall and appeared to be going to the restroom but went past it to the room at the end of the hall. She peaked through the crack of the door to see a certain red echidna wearing a white shirt that ruffled in the front with black pants brown leather boots and over coat when she heard someone approaching. She quickly straightened and knocked on the door while out of the corner of her eye saw a maid walk by without inclination of seeing anything out of the ordinary. Knuckles (the red echidna and by the way, for those who don’t know this, has purple eyes) opened the door to what Rouge saw and was glad for the control room.
BACK AT THE BALL SAME TIME
Sonic and Amy danced around when they saw Ryn, wearing a maid’s outfit, in the corner of the room nod to them. They then walked over to the table hand in hand. They sat down and after about 15 minutes Amy spoke. “I need to go use the restroom.” “Be quick,” said Sonic tapping 10 times on the table with his index finger, his thumb sticking out, and his middle, ring, and pinky curled in. Amy left the table which had a purple pillow case, empty, under it.
CONTROL ROOM
“Rouge?” said Knuckles “What are you doing here?” “Is that really any way to greet your friend?’ said Rouge. “Sorry, I’m just surprised to see you here,” said Knuckles. “As was I to hear you were here,” said Rouge. “Do you wish to talk?” said Knuckles. “Yes, I would,” said Rouge. “Then please come in,” said Knuckles. He sat on stool in front of a panel that was covered in buttons and levers labeled as a light switch or what set of lights it was connected to (Mobians are more advanced then you think). Rouge walked over to him and sat on his lap.
AT THE BALL
When everyone was enjoying themselves either talking or dancing the room suddenly went dark. Fear spread across the room. Then when the lights came back on they were relieved. At least until they saw the terror in front of the throne.
SHADOW
“What should I say?” he thought.
CONTROL ROOM
Knuckles was absolutely startled at Rouge’s actions. “R-Rouge wh-” said Knuckles. Rouge put a finger to his lips, leaned forward and kissed him.
SHADOW
“Why do I feel a knot in my stomach?” he thought.
BALL
There stood Amy in the Silver Dagger uniform holding Sally captive with Ryn, Lyn, Hyn, Cyn, and Lia all in black jump suits with masks that covered their entire head. “The Silver Dagger is not one, but many. We do not kill until the point it is truly certain the dark heart cannot be changed. Then do we strike. We see ourselves as peace bringers. Though now we find ourselves justice bringers. For the Acorn family has many secrets to hide,” said Amy. Everyone was in a panic. “Quick! Someone call the royal arms!” said Sir Charles. “I did but no one’s there,” said a maid.
CONTROL ROOM
As they kissed, Rouge slowly moved her hands down his back and grabbed a metal rod that was leaning against the stool. With one quick movement Knuckles was out cold on the ground. “Sorry Knuckles,” said Rouge “But this is for the good of my people.” She then walked over and turned off all the lights.
BALL
Sonic walked up and held a journal in front of him and said “She’s right.” “What are you doing?” said Charles. “What is right uncle,” said Sonic “I give to you citizens of the kingdom of Acorn and the hidden kingdom Lapis Lazuli, the journal of Maximus Acorn. ‘I find the threat to my family’s secret is a little girl. She has found the Book of Blueblood. A magical book owned by the royal line of the Lapis Lazuli kingdom that cannot be destroyed, get dirty, wet, or have any pages ripped out and can only be opened by a Blueblood.’”
SHADOW
As soon as all the lights were off he leapt from where he crouched onto the balcony where Antoine sat. He quickly covered Antoine’s mouth and rapped his arm around the arms and torso. Then jumped up and nimbly landed on the other balcony and the next and finally landed on the stage.
BALL
“’The kingdom was taken by my magnificent great, great, great grandfather. They were demoted to nobles and hide themselves from the public as much as possible. The book was taken by him and hidden under the throne at least until the brat found this untrue and found the true hiding place. Why did I let her study here in the first place? Any ways, legend has it that he hid the book because it holds the only map of how the countries looked before his conquer of Lapis Lazuli and the only record of how he conquered. I would tell my daughter this but fear of her to search for it, keeps me from doing so.’” When Sonic saw the anger on his uncle’s face and the shock of the nobles he grinned.
CONTROL ROOM
Rouge heard the thud and turned the lights back on. She used some chord to tie up Knuckles, tied her handkerchief on him like a gag, lifted him up and ran out of the control room. She fled down the hall until she reached a closet. Rouge gently set down Knuckles in it and closed the door in only enough so that when he would wake he could push his way out. Then she ran out and got on a carriage in the driver’s seat sending it on a course towards Acorn Castle.
SHADOW
“We are not one, but many. I am the leader of the Silver Daggers. I have only taken captive of Antoine as a gift for Sally,” he said and slit Antoine’s throat and let him fall. The audience gasped. “She has the crown and lost the one she loved. Why would she need him? Money? Anyway, I am here to tell you of the splitting of powers. The Bluebloods are a royal bloodline and that is being proven as we speak. Also I’m sending a message to those of a black heart. If you dare bring poverty or cruelty to the people under your command, the Silver Dagger will be there, with your demise in hand,” he said and ran out the stage exit leaping on to the carriage where Rouge sat.
BALL
“And now I give to you the Book of Blueblood,” Sonic said and held up a blue leather book with golden corners. Sir Charles walked up and turned to the guests. “With this evidence and the last Blueblood to open the book justice will be had. Though I do believe, even if this deed was done by an ancestor, there must be punishment. I say the Acorn family may never again do anything without it being approved by a court and they must always be watched under the eyes of a guard trained to be good of heart, strong, and intelligent. Four shall be chosen by the people and one will be approved by the court,” said Sir Charles. “Hear, hear!” was heard all through the dance hall.

Carriage
Shadow climbed up and sat next to Rouge. “Must you go so fast?” said Shadow. “Must you be so faint of heart?” replied Rouge. “So the flower has thorns,” said Shadow. “Don’t get poetic on me Darling,” said Rouge “I’m worried if someone may catch us and arrest you.” Shadow smiled and said “I have a solution.” “What?” Rouge said. “Only you have to agree to it,” said Shadow. “What is it?!” said Rouge getting impatient. “Will you marry me?” said Shadow. “We’re here, wait, what?!” said Rouge after she hopped down. Shadow got down from the driver’s seat, got out a silver ring with a blue diamond shaped like a star on it, took off his hat and mask, got on one knee and said “Will you marry me?” Rouge looked at him stunned and said “Yes, yes, a million times yes!” Shadow stood up and placed the ring on Rouge’s left ring finger. Rouge grabbed Shadow and kissed him. They kissed each other passionately for 2 minutes than ran inside the castle.
BALL
“How dare you think you can do that to me!” yelled Sally “ME! A princess! I am the ruler of the kingdom not any of you!” She then mumbled something under her breath and the entire castle started shaking. The guests ran out of the room. “You should leave girls,” said Sonic. “O-Okay,” said Ryn “Just be careful. I actually like you.” “I will,” said Sonic. The B.C.S.S then left the castle. Sally turned into green fire making Amy jump back. “What is this?” said Amy. “I don’t know,” said Sonic. Shadow and Rouge ran in and stopped at the spectacle before them. “This is insane!” said Shadow. “Says the man who stalked cruel nobles and killed them without leaving a trace,” said Dark whom nobody noticed was following them until now. “Dark?” said Rouge. “Yes, thank you for noticing,” said Dark. “I don’t care who you are. Do you know how to stop this?” said Sonic. “Have you tried throwing water on her?” said Dark. “This isn’t the Wicked Witch of the West!” said Amy, “Sorry for helping,” said Dark and faded away.
Sonic, Shadow, Rouge, and Amy acted quickly. Amy grabbed the punch bowl and used her hammer to help her up to the chandelier. By now Sally has turned into a medusa looking form. Rouge took flight and gave a strong kick to Sally’s head. This made Sally stumble back to under the chandelier. She was about to send a ball of dark energy at Rouge when Shadow cut the threatening hand off. Sonic and Shadow then rapped a curtain around her and Amy poured the water on Sally. As soon as the water touched her she become alight with flame and before their eyes became nothing but ash. The four walked out of the castle to find all the nobles and servants. “People of the kingdom of Acorn now to be known as the kingdom Lapis Lazuli, I, Rouge Blueblood, as Sonic has proven to you, am a princess and soon to be your queen for I am to marry Shadow to whom I have given a full pardon,” said Rouge and held up her hand to show them the ring. Everyone cheered.
FOUR WEEKS LATER
Rouge was wearing a white dress that hugged her curves and had no sleeves. On top of her head she wore an iron tiara with a single point that had a ruby in the center with a white veil coming down. She held a bouquet of blue roses rapped in white fabric. Standing beside her is Amy wearing a plain black dress with short sleeves. They were facing a tall oak door manned by two knights in shining armor. “You ready?” said Amy. “Yeah,” said Rouge. The knights opened the doors to let them walk into the room filled with nobles in fancy garments sitting on either side of the aisle on black benches with red roses on the side that faced the aisle. A cryptic melody could be heard as she walked to Shadow wearing a black tuxedo with a red rose corsage smiling at her and Sir Charles wearing a red tuxedo and a black cloak.
She reached them and handed Amy the bouquet. Shadow and Rouge joined hands and the music stops. “Today we have Rouge Blueblood and Shadow Armor to be joined together in the ceremony of marriage,” said Charles. Already everyone is confused although Shadow knows and is a bit nervous though willing. “They have proven true love for staying by each other’s side in bad and good and have decided to be bonded to one another. Rouge Blueblood, will you care for Shadow, show him kindness and love?” said Charles. “I will,” said Rouge. “And you Shadow Armor. Will you care for Rouge, show her kindness and love as she will do for you?” said Charles. “I will,” said Shadow.
“To truly join the two together and let them have an easy life Shadow has accepted and given permission as well as I have to let Rouge give him the vampire’s kiss,” said Charles. No one gasped or said anything just watched as Rouge showed her fangs and gently pierced Shadow’s neck. Amy started crying not because it was scary or gory, but because she saw the beauty of it. It truly was their joining. When Rouge pulled away Charles said “You may now kiss the bride.” Shadow kissed Rouge on the lips passionately not caring about the blood.
Everyone cheered for the two lovers. Not only because of the joy they felt for their friends but because they knew they now had a king and queen that will rule with kindness and a firm hand. No one must be afraid anymore.

Somewhere far away on an island made purely of cold granite, surrounded by stormy seas is a tower made of obsidian. At the top is a female hedgehog with yellow quills that hang down and blue eyes. She is chained to the wall by her wrists in iron chains. The hedgehog wears only a tattered black dress. She has not dared to look at anything or has opened her eyes even for 10 years. But now she throws her head back, opens her eyes, and smiles. All she says is one word “Shadow.”




Sign up to rate and review this story