Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Family Reunion

Jaffa & Threstals

by texaswookie 0 reviews

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-11 - Updated: 2012-06-12 - 3675 words - Complete

0Unrated
The author swallows nervously as the figure behind him begins counting in a dark low voice. “One,” A long silver claw erupted on the right side with the sick sound of ripping flesh, “two,” a second claw erupted on the other side, framing the writers head.

“All right!” The author said, and typed out quickly.

“I do not own any of the characters in this story check some of the first chaps for the list of various people that own the various universes that I have borrowed the characters from.”

“Good choice bub.” Wolverine said, as he blew a cloud of smoke at the writer before stalking off.


Cheyenne Mountain




“Incoming wormhole!” the on duty officer called as the alarm klaxons went off. The Finns stood by with their team in case of an attack. The likely hood of that wasn’t very strong since they were dealing with an expected activation, nothing more, but it paid to be ready. They watched warily as the iris slowly opened until everyone could see the blue watery looking like portal. They waited a moment in anticipation before Col. O’Neill finally made his way out. He was followed by several rebel Jaffa that were maneuvering some heavy looking crates. The last two to come out were Teal’c, and an old man that the Finns didn’t know, but had heard about.

“Greetings, Hammond of Texas,” Bra’tac said warmly. “When O’Neill and Teal’c came to me with their requests for arms and explained what it was that they were going to be doing, I decided to bring four of my best warriors who said they would fight alongside Teal’c and the rest of you with great pleasure.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” Hammond replied said, shaking hands with Teal’c’s former teacher. “Allow me to introduce Commander Samantha Finn and her second in command, Riley Finn. They lead the forces that are most familiar with the beings we’re fighting, and have shown us various methods of combating these beings that we recently learned about.”

Bra’tac bowed low, his cloak pooling around his feet. “It is an honor to meet such warriors as you.” The two Finns, long used to warrior cultures, easily returned the bow without hesitation.

“Well, now that everybody’s been introduced, how about we get to that little thing called a debriefing. You know that thing we do where we can ask our usual question of how much longer we’ll be here, and talk about the local gossip from the rebel base of course,” Jack said nodding to Brat’ac. “Shall we?”

The others nodded, agreeing with the colonel. “He’s obviously related to Buffy, no one else is capable of sounding that cheerful talking about business,” Riley commented to his wife as they followed the rest of the group out.

“So what’s the news, sir?” Jack asked once they were all seated in the conference room.

“The Jaffa Master Bra’tac brought are sparring with the regular people, but Finn’s people said that despite the fact that they’re stronger than regular humans, they are not stronger than vampires.”

“Then it will truly be an amazing battle,” Bra’Tac said excitedly as he heard the reports.

“Finn is having about five vampires brought over to test the effectiveness of our weapons, but he made it clear that’s all we’re allowed to do. No other experimenting with them. He said he would rather not have Graveyard Girl kicking his ass around town because of his own stupidity.”

“Understood. Are there any parts of this mission that we’re unclear about people?” Hammond asked, looking at the group around the table.

“Not really, sir, but I do suggest that we have a team ready to retrieve any historical artifacts that may be housed in the area.”

“That will be a secondary objective, Dr. Jackson. Our primary objective will have to be stopping this First being.”

“You mean its troops right? ‘Cause quite frankly, I don’t think we need to worry to much about this First thing,” Jack said. “I mean seriously, sir, it can’t even touch people. So how the hell is it going to hurt us?”

“The First does not appear to be one to take lightly, O’Neill,” Teal’c commented. “It has shown it has an astounding ability to manipulate people.”

“Maybe, but ‘til I see it do something other than change shapes, it’s nothing more than a nifty Asgard hologram,” Jack replied, grinning.

“Beware, O’Neill. I have heard rumors of a Goa’uld like this one; what if it was more than that? What if it is able to call upon the very Goa’uld themselves?” Bra’tac warned.

“Then lets take it down before it make any new friends,” Jack suggested, annoyed. “There are kids being killed over this whole ghost thing, and all we’re doing is sitting on our butts while we pick our noses.” Jack slammed his hand on the table.

“We just want to be prepared, Jack,” Hammond said, trying to calm the other man.

“With all due respect, sir, we already had enough weapons before we went to see Bra’tac. And while it’ll be nice to have reserves and all that, we’re about as ready as we’re going to be. So, do you mind horribly if I ask you what’s really holding us up?”

“I don’t know, but the president is hesitant to send two of his best groups into a potential suicide mission.”

Jack snorted. “And that’s stopped us before, because?” He questioned looking around the room.

“Maybe we should just go ahead and leave,” Carter suggested. “We can just commandeer whatever we need to along the way.”

Riley glared at SG-1’s second in command. “We are not going to break regulations unless we have to.”

Carter nodded, her cool eyes boring right back at the soldier. “I’d rather not have to, but there are times when it’s necessary.”

“You people will fit right in, in Sunnydale,” Riley noted, holding his head between his hands for a moment. “And here I thought I was away from all the crazies,” he muttered, and Jack grinned proudly, the others just made small nods of acknowledgement.

“Give me two more weeks, Jack. After that, if the President doesn’t clear you, I will personally fly down there to see what is going on. For all we know, Kinsey is keeping both of our groups pinned down here for some reason.”

Riley Finn stiffened slightly. “Senator Kinsey?” he questioned.

“Yeah, have you had the rare misfortune of meeting him?” Jack asked, curious.

“You could say that. He was one of the people we reported to during our stint in Sunnydale, and now he has his fingers involved in your program?”

“Well, it appears that Kinsey is just all over the place, isn’t he?” Jack commented sarcastically as he processed that bit of information on the dear old senator.

Hammond nodded in agreement. “Have your teams switch to standby and leave the rest to me.” He got nods, and half salutes, in understanding. “Dismissed.” Everyone nodded and filed out, leaving the general alone before he headed toward his office and the red phone.

“Captain Finn!” Carter called as she rushed to catch up with the two demon hunters.

“Yes, major?”

“After your comment about how we behave, I was wondering if you might have some psychological profiles on the people we’re going to help.”

“Yes, I do, but if you try to use any of that information to hurt them, you’ll regret it,” he told her fiercely. He looked her in the eye for a moment before nodding reluctantly. “I’ll have the files sent to you at once. Don’t make me regret it.” Carter nodded and the three parted so they could continue their duties around the base.

Jack and Daniel caught up with Sam. “Well? Are they gonna let you take a peek?” Jack asked. Daniel looked like he was just as curious, but was letting Jack lead the charge on this. Probably to keep the man distracted, more than anything else.

“Yes, sir. Though we are under orders to follow the commands of your niece.”

“I just want to make sure that she can hack it,” Jack defended. “Leading a small team is a lot different than leading a group as large as we’re going to have down there. So it’d be nice to know if she’s up to the job.”

“From what I have heard of BuffySummers, she is a warrior that learns quickly,” Teal’c stated.

“It’s better to be prepared for any possibility, T,” Jack said.

“I hate to admit it, but Jack might be right on this one,” Daniel agreed as he slid his glasses back up.


Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry



The trio stood outside the last of the carriages, each caught up in their own thoughts as they loaded their trunks inside. The thestrals all appeared more dangerous and foreboding somehow, Harry thought, as they looked toward the castle and the dreaded astronomy tower.

“Well, do we still want to do this?” Hermione asked hesitantly, biting her lip, afraid of how they might answer. The three of them shared a hardened look, a look of people who had seen enough death to last a lifetime.

“Do you really need to ask?” Harry reassured her . “Besides, what’s the worst that can happen?” He gave a weak, crooked smile. “They going to expel us? Course, that is supposed to be a fate worst than death.” The other two shared a grin at the reminder of their first adventure together before they all boarded the carriage. Once the doors were closed, Hermione whipped her wand out and began muttering the long term lightening charm.

“Think of it this way,” Ron said. “We’re definitely going to outdo the twins on impressive exits.”

The other two nodded before Harry slipped out of the carriage and onto the front of it. Harry just hoped that they didn’t get into too much trouble for what they were going to do, but they needed a distraction and this one might do it. “All right there, boy?” Harry asked as he sat in what he guessed would be called the drivers seat. The creature showed no sign of hearing him, but Harry hoped that was just the way it acted. As someone came by checking everyone, Harry donned his cloak and drew his wand. He held back a groan as he saw that it was Moody checking their car. Moody looked up at the drawn wand and nodded to Harry, before returning to whatever his post had been earlier.

“You still there, mate?” Ron asked, sticking his head out, looking concerned, even as the carriages started moving.

“Just fine, Ron. Now get yourself back inside before someone other than Moody figures out what we’re doing.” Ron nodded and quickly ducked back inside. They finally reached the train station and Harry realized that it was now or never.

“Okay, boy, I need a really big favor,” Harry said to the horse. “When I say now, I need you to please take us to Sunnydale, California.” The horse snorted slightly, but nodded, in what Harry hoped was agreement. Smiling slightly, Harry set up a the box that he had told the twins to create for him.

“Now!” Harry shouted. The thestral lunged into the air as Harry set the box of fireworks off. He grinned slightly at the two phoenixes that erupted from the set, and grinned fully as they flew around the words that formed between them:

Dumbledore Forever!

Scrimgeour was probably going to choke when he heard about this! That is if he wasn’t still here. A rising cheer erupted from a crowd that had been silent moments ago as the carriage flew off, the various witches and wizards all cheering the words. They all seemed to find some small piece of comfort from the words. Harry quickly slipped back into the carriage, nodded as he removed the hood of his cloak. Hermione and Ron, working together, cast a powerful invisibility charm on the carriage and the thestral as they flew away.

“So, how big of a howler do you think my mum will send us?” Ron asked as he and the other two watched the display from their seats. The other two shuddered slightly at the thought of that happening.

“I left the records to be delivered to Remus at a certain time,” Harry said. “And a quick about what we were doing. Hopefully they won’t overreact too much.” One look at him and they could see he didn’t count on that.

“Right,” Ron snorted, pulling out his wizard chess set, but surprisingly didn’t start playing, instead he grabbed a DADA book that was under it. The other two stared at him in surprise before grabbing their own books.

Hermione glanced up from her heavy tome about the creation of various demons and their weaknesses. Ron had bought various types of candy, and had left them on the seat between the two boys. Ron was idly sucking on a fizzing whizbee while he read; Harry, on the other hand, was holding a chocolate frog card intently. Hermione bit her lip before she asked Harry if he was all right as she realized there was only one card that would hold his attention like that. Her theory was confirmed when he flipped the card over and read the back of a card he had memorized after his first year at Hogwarts. Hermione looked sadly at the front of the card, and watched as the figure on the card waved jauntily at her; she weakly returned the wave. Harry, calmly as he could, placed the card in his shirt pocket, his eyes glittering in regret.

“I think now would be a good time for a break,” Hermione stammered, the other two nodding in agreement. They had been working for a couple of hours now. The two boys swallowed back their sobs, or whatever, and brought out their chess pieces since Ron had the board out already, and started a half-hearted game of chess. Hermione smiled weakly, for a few minutes they could pretend they were normal, instead of being the Chosen One, the brightest witch in a century, and the youngest male Weasley. Here, they were just a regular witch and wizards, not the infamous golden trio. Hermione stiffened slightly as she thought about how they each had a name of sorts that people called them. The two boys looked at their friend, wondering what was bothering her this time. “Are we doing the right thing?” she asked. “Maybe we should have gotten help before we left, or at least told someone.”

“Hermione,” Harry said softly. “What did you find that has you so worried?”

“Well, I was thinking…”

“Big surprise there,” Ron interrupted, rolling his eyes with a small flicker of mischief.

The three of them shared a weak grin at the familiar joke. “I was just wondering if we might be messing with the balance by going to help.”

“Yin and yang?” Harry questioned quietly, arching an eyebrow. Hermione nodded as Harry, at least, seemed to understand.

“Huh?”

“Hermione, you want to explain?” Harry asked. “I’d do it,” he explained to the redhead. “But I’d rather watch her tear into you about how you got past your O.W.L.’s without understanding that concept.” The redhead swallowed nervously while the bushy haired witch scowled at Harry. He couldn’t resist one final dig, though. “Your eyes get much rounder, mate, and you’ll be giving Dobby a run for his money.”

Ron was about to retort when Hermoine cut him off with a glare. “Well, Ron, or should I say, Won-Won?” she asked sarcastically. “The concept of yin and yang is really quite simple. It’s an easy way of defining light and dark. It was discovered by a pair of Chinese wizards before Hogwarts was even built.” Harry snickered quietly to himself as he picked up a book on defensive charms. He was hoping to find a spell that would make a giant fire shield.

Hermione waved her wand in the air and conjured the image of a yin yang. “Really, Ron! You should already know this,” she reprimanded him. “It’s only 3rd year theory.” Ron scowled slightly as Hermione continued to explain. “The two pieces stand for opposites, you know? Light and Dark, Good and Evil, Male and Female, Love and Hate. For either to survive, the other has to be around.”

Ron snorted. “I doubt that, Hermione. That’s kind of hard to believe.”

Hermione shook her head at her friend. “All right, let’s take Harry for example, since he refuses to explain this to you.” Harry swallowed nervously as he became the study subject. “Harry’s easily one of the wizards most attributed with being on the side of Light, right?” The two nodded. “And Voldemort is his opposite, easily the darkest wizard in the war.”

“So, they’re opposites of each other,” Ron said as he began putting the pieces together.

“Correct,” Hermione said, smiling proudly at Ron.

“Opposite ends of the chess board and all that,” Ron continued, nodding to himself. “Always did wonder why there was a black side and a white side.”

Harry chuckled at this, while Hermione silently fumed at Ron as he simplified her five-minute explanation. “There is a lot more to it than that. Besides the whole part about being opposites, there are the parts that every action from either side has to be balanced by a move from the other, like an equal and opposite reaction.”

“If I say I understand, will you be quiet?” Ron pleaded.

“For now,” Hermione said. “But we will discuss this more, since it may have to do with what were doing later on.” Ron nodded in relief at buying some time away from the lecture.

Harry looked outside at the thestral. “I think we need to give the big guy a rest anyway,” he said. “Even with the lightening charm, this carriage can’t be an easy load to carry.” The other two nodded as Harry ordered the skeletal horse to find a spot to land, preferably near water so they could give it a drink after its long flight. The horse nodded and once they landed the three of them managed to remove the bit from its mouth, so that it could get its drink.

“So, Harry, how long until you send an owl?” Hermione asked.

“Probably when we get to the ocean,” Harry said, shrugging. “Or maybe when we get to the States. It will still take a while to go even that far.” Hermione nodded as she cast incendio at a pile of wood.

Harry sighed after the small meal they had. He still wasn’t sure that he was doing the right thing. And he wasn’t great when it came to making the right choice. He thought he had been doing right when he had confronted Snape. ‘But that turned out to be the wrong decision,’ Harry thought, fingering his cheek where Snape had left a scar. He absently poked a stick at the fire as he thought about everything he had done, and all that was expected of him. He just had to figure out what it was that he had to do; it looked like the other two felt the same. Sure, the occasional visit with Cedric had been a relief to him; he had been able to talk and just be himself, something that Cedric always let him be. The Hufflepuff was a loyal friend, and even after death was a great ally to have. He had encouraged Harry to stay with his war though, and now Harry was stuck at an impasse. On one hand, he was more than willing to help Hermione’s family with this fight; after all, she had shown herself more than willing to do the same for him. The only difference was that she was a great mind that could actually do something. He was just someone who made it up as he went along, screwing things up more often than not. Then there was the fact that he should be headed for the Dursley’s, doing what Dumbledore had asked him to do; instead, he was doing something like this.

Ron looked at his friend and gave small grin. “Hard choice, wasn’t it?” The redhead commented.

Harry nodded as Hermione sat down with them as well. “So we all had our doubts?” she asked hesitantly. The other two nodded. “If the fate of the world wasn’t at stake, I would say we let someone else deal this, but…”

“But we have to do this,” Harry interjected dejectedly. “The rest of the wizarding world will just pretend they’re doing things, or act like nothing’s wrong.” He accepted a butterbeer from Ron, who was handing out drinks to go with the sandwiches they had. Harry sighed. “I just hope we’ll be able to help them, and not be problems.”

“Aw, c’mon ‘arry,” Ron said through a sandwich. “I’s you we’re talking ‘bout.”

Harry looked at the thestral; it was finished eating the ferrets that had been set in front of it and stood waiting for them. “Yeah, whatever,” Harry replied. “Put the fire out, it’s time to go.” As Harry replaced the tack on the creature, the other two nodded and got back into the carriage. Harry looked at the horse. “To the Hellmouth,” he instructed as he swung in after them. The horse nodded and started to gallop before leaping into the air, pulling them along behind it.
Sign up to rate and review this story