Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Family Reunion

Vineyard Warriors

by texaswookie 0 reviews

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-12 - Updated: 2012-06-13 - 6630 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Teaxaswookie groans, as he looks at the figure standing over him. Dean Winchester grins cockily at the writer, as he levels one of his numerous guns at him. “All right man, its really quite simple. Either you go and do the whole I do not own yadda, yadda, yadda, ya. I don’t shoot you in the leg. Seems simple enough don’t you think?”

“You’re such a considerate person.”

“Yeah ain’t I?” The eldest of the Winchester brothers says, as he cocks the gun at the Texan.

“Fine. I do not own any of the universes in this story. If you want a complete list look in my earlier chapter disclaimers. Happy now you gun toting.”

“Hey, watch your mouth you never know who might be reading this stuff.” Dean chastised.

“Get stuffed.”

“Real original there man. You sure this stories any good? Cause your comebacks are pretty weak.”


BTVS/Buffy: Angels Mansion


Buffy's eyes opened, as she noticed the dry smell of the sun coming up. Dawn was here, not the Dawn she wished for, but she would have to content herself with what she had she mused. The Slayer stretched, and heard her joints pop painfully. That's what she got for allowing herself to actually get totally relaxed. All of the piled on stress had been felt, as it partially left her. She wasn't sure why she felt so much calmer about what was going on, maybe because the people here were people that chose to be and weren't people that had been forced to come together like the potentials. She jotted down a quick note to Spike, telling him what it was that she was going to do. She wasn't going to be responsible for the death of the vampire she reasoned, and if he went against Caleb, he would be dust she was sure of that. She opened the blinds on the window about halfway, so that when the sun did come up, the light would be shining right on the door. That should slow the vampire down so he wouldn't try coming after her. She then slipped out the window, and jumped into the bushes that grew along the edges of the mansion. They were starting get a bit out of control after all the years of neglect, she noted she would have to call Angel about that. She crawled out of the bushes, and found herself staring at a pair of booted feet. Looking up in slight embarrassment, she saw that it was Scottie's friend, the guy with the long sideburns and metal claws.

"Slayer." The man grunted softly, as she climbed to her feet.

"Um Wolf right?" She asked hesitantly.

The man rolled his eyes in annoyance at this. "Its Wolverine darlin."

"Oh sorry." She said sheepishly. "I've never been real good with names. Then add the emotional roller coaster that was running in Buffyland last night, I kinda missed more than usual." She admitted to the mutant.

"Fergit it." The man said, waving off the apologies. "At least you admit yer faults unlike two certain cousins of yers I might just happen to be able to mention."

"Ah, that's just them being to proud and hard headed to see anyone else's point of view." She said waving his complaints about her cousins off. "Well I gotta go now, it was nice talking to you."

"I take it yer off ta do that solo mission that ya were talking about earlier." Wolverine asked, as he pulled a cigar from an inside pocket of his jacket. He ignored the disgusted look the small blonde was giving him, as he used one of his claws to cut the end off, then lighted it with a lighter he had found in the house.

"Yeah."

"Want some company?"

"No." She shook her head. "I can't risk you. I have to deal with this particular problem on my own."

"Instead, you'll make me deal with yer cousins for letting ya walk off without any backup of yer own?" The mutant questioned. "In yer dreams kiddo. Sides, if I get hurt I heal pretty fast." He assured her

"You're coming whether I want you to or not aren't you?" Buffy asked, her shoulders slumping slightly

"Yep."

"Fine, but at least let me pretend to be in charge."

"No problem." The two of them walked in silence through the town. They stopped near the vineyard, and watched it across the street, hidden from view by the brush that surrounded the next building.

"See anything?"

"There's a soldiers outpost about 80 yards to the left of us, and the ugly guys are all over that place. Looks like they're really working on guard duty. The place has probably got around a dozen different guards out at a time." The man's arm shot up in the air and scraping of metal on metal was heard as his claws came out slicing through several branches. "There a reason yer hiding in there bub?" The mutant asked, as Teal'c was now visible to them. The tall Jaffa didn't say anything, but did raise an eyebrow in greeting. Wolverine smirked at the blonde Slayer. "Looks like I ain't the only family friend that wants to make sure that you make it back darlin."

"Great." The young woman said as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Is there anyone else out there who decided to join us?" She asked sarcastically, to her surprise and annoyance two more figures stepped out of the shadows.

Master Bra'Tak. Teal'c greeted inkling his head.

"Teal'c." The older man said scowling, his cloak held close to him. "Did you really think that I would not be prepared when O'Neil's kin would try this?"

"I did not." The big man stated calmly. "I trusted you to make your way here on your own."

"How did you know I was going to be here? My solo mission could have been anywhere."

"Honor demanded that you return here and avenge yourself, and your friend who now hides his pain in anger." Teal'c said calmly.

"That and you told us you had a secret mission tah do, so we just all put one and one together." Wolverine said.

"And you?" She asked turning to the last person.

Methos looked at her knowingly. Buffy shivered slightly, the cool way he looked at her made her feel like she was being mentally undressed. Another part of her felt like she was being sized up for the easiest way to kill. She wasn't really sure which of those bothered her more. "Its simple really my dear." The man started, sounding slightly arrogant to her. "While you may not be related to the Highlanders by blood there are certain family traits that you seem to share with them. One of the most notable ones is that you don't want those you care for getting hurt. Your even willing to sacrifice yourself to stop the enemy."

The man's cool eyed gaze hardened. "Are you ready this time?" He asked her.

"I have to be." The Slayer replied returning the stare. "But you guys aren't going in your dealing with the guards that surround the place. If I get thrown through the door or if I'm gone more than fifteen minutes then you come in."

"Buffy Summers, do you not still have the radio that Colonel O'Neil gave you?"

"Yeah I do. What's the point?" She asked, as she pulled the headset out of her jacket pocket.

"Why do you not simply radio for assistance if you are in need?"

"I'll try." The Slayer said nodding, "but there are no promises. Don't suppose you have something that's not supposed to rest on your head."

"Indeed I do." Teal'c said as he pulled his own radio from its shoulder pouch. May I enquire why you do not wish for a headset?" He asked her, as they traded radios.

"I tend to get hit in the head and face a lot." She explained. "And Caleb poked the eye out of the last person that he got his hands on, I'd rather not give him something to stab me with."

"Understood."

"So can you guys deal with all the goons around the area?"

"If they can't, I can Slayer." Wolverine said confidently.

"We shall do our part Buffy Summers." Bra'Tac promised, Teal'c nodded in agreement with his teacher.

"Lets get this over with." Methos said giving the girl one last look over.

"Loser buys brews." Wolverine said. The other men nodded in agreement.

The five shadowy heroes slipped their way across the street to do their parts to deal with the shock troops of the First.


SG1 Base Camp


"Sir." A soldier said saluting, as he turned to look at the Colonel who walked in with the Finns and Major Carter.

"Lieutenant." The man said returning the salute with a half wave. "What have you got for us?"

"Sir. The observation teams report movement at both places.

"What!"

"Yes sir."

"Where are they heading?" Commander Samantha Finn asked.

"As far as we can tell, they're moving towards the mansion that you were at the other night, they'll be there in a matter of minutes."

"So, they're curious about what's going on huh?"

"Yes sir, the team that they sent out is probably made up of the ones that know Commander Summers the best. The team is made up of the watcher, the witch, the sister, and the carpenter. At their current rate they'll reach the mansion where the others are staying at in a matter of minutes."

Riley leaned over the shoulder of the comm. officer. "Radio Buffy, I mean Commander Summers, tell her that she has inbound scoobies."

"How do they know where to look for her anyways? Is that blonde vampire working for them?" Jack asked, wondering how the four people seemed to know exactly where to go to find the Slayer.

Riley sighed. "Much as I wish he wasn't, Spike's far to loyal to Buffy to do something like that. Willow probably decided to use a tracking spell of some kind."

"That, or because of the emotional significance the place holds to Commander Summers they decided to try that place first." Commander Finn speculated.

"Ah that's another bit of news actually sir." The officer said. "It seems Commander Summers left the mansion earlier with a change of tactics in mind."

Riley smirked at this. "How so." The soldier asked.

"She's leading a small team in a new assault on the vineyard

"Who's she got with her, the magic brigade?" O'Neil asked

"No sir. She has Teal'c, Master Bra'Tac and two of the civilians with her."

"Anything else?"

"The other slayer is prepping the potentials to take out that armory they found out about from that Bringer of theirs."

"What do you think? Should we send some babysitters after them just in case?" Jack asked his counterpart. "Cause I'll be damned if I let a bunch of kids die cause they got some really crappy intel."

"Yes." She answered without hesitating. "It would be a good way to not only judge their abilities, but we could get a better lay of the land."

"Sounds like a plan. Scramble an SGC team and a HSTC team to follow them after they leave. Their primary objective is to follow and observe. See if you can't get a couple of the mutants to join in on babysitting duty as well. Then I want you to get two more teams to head for the observation post and reinforce Commander Summers and her team, if they need it. That team will probably be coming out hot." (Hostile Sub Terrestrial Control)

"Yes sir." The man said, as he began contacting the two teams. "Um sirs?"

"Yes?"

"Um, the Finns team is next on the duty roster for HSTC teams. Unless you need me to move on down to the next group."

"No thank you lieutenant. I'd rather do that than twiddle my fingers and wait before I have to debrief Commander Summers." Jack glared at the small of her back, as Samantha Finn walked off to gear up. "Make sure the observation teams have the rest of the Jaffa with them." Jack grumbled. "They'll never let us hear the end of it if Bra'Tac gets hurt and they weren't there."


Angel's Mansion


Giles cursed, as he lay in the brush. Hopefully none of Buffy's family or their friends would notice them. The Watcher pulled out a pair of binoculars, and focused them on the crowd around Angel's old place. He supposed it shouldn't surprise him that his old Slayer had retreated here when they had all turned on her. Though he would have personally preferred it had she chosen a different place like the Bronze, or even that hole that the Initiative had based out of. Spike's crypt would be better than this place though to the Watcher. The number of people that were around the place was disturbing to the old watcher as well. He knew that this group only represented one part of the forces that had come to join his old Slayer. It was disturbing at the amount of people willing to gather up to the banner of family. Buffy had managed to get her hands on an army in the few hours that they had kicked her out, and she now had enough force to challenge and maybe even win against the powers that the First had brought against them.

"This is most disturbing." The Watcher commented, as he watched a young girl who couldn't be more than fifteen slice a ninja katana through the air, as she sparred against what appeared to be some type of demon. If it wasn't for the large metal cross that it wore, and the rosary beads that he had watched him toying around with earlier, he would have sworn that he was looking at some type of hell spawn. The demon matched a number of the physical characteristics of hell spawn demons, but those were the direct descendents of the devil itself. Ruler of the ultimate hell dimension! Surely Buffy wouldn't get aide from the likes of this creature. He turned back to watching the girl and he was uncomfortably aware that this young girl easily surpassed any of the potentials in his care, as he watched the girl moved with fluidity that he'd only seen Buffy exhibit rarely. The watcher turned to see what else it was that had been brought into this war. He saw the Charmed ones, and he thanked whatever guardian Kennedy had that the witch who had held the watcher-trained potential had not killed her. Insulting someone of the Warren line to one of the three charmed ones, could you get any more stupid? Well he supposed you could kick the relative out of their house mere hours before the Charmed ones showed up. The three were talking to the other witches dressed in robes.

"So, what kind of army exactly has Buff got here?" Xander asked, a hint of a smile in his voice. "Cause I gotta say, that a bunch of people in dresses hardly inspires fear in me. Although they may be what makes the bringers so scary, that or it's the whole not having eyes and worshipping evil thing."

"Xan, now's so not the time." Dawn told the carpenter.

"You guys are always spoiling my fun."

"Yes, well that may be, it is also generally a bad idea to anger a large group of combat ready Wizards and Witches. And if you hadn't noticed, they have a part giant with them as well. And with the difficulty Willow is currently having with her magic, insulting them might not be the best of ideas." Giles suddenly began swearing in Greek, Babylonian and Sumerian, as his grip on the binoculars tightened.

"Um eww, and is that even possible?" Dawn asked Giles who continued swearing. "Hey old man, impressionable teenage mind over here remember?"

"Sorry." Giles said reining himself in. "But bloody hell! That's Harry Potter! The Boy who Lived! I believe they were calling him the Chosen One when I was last in England. He's the savior of the European magical world." Giles pointed to a teen with dark hair and glasses about Dawns age. The young man was currently practicing some basic throws with some other teens under the watch of one of the Warren line women and a man with a visor.

"Sorry Giles I've never heard of him before in all of the dusty books that I've read for you. Maybe you can ask for his autograph. How about you Will's? You ever heard of him?" The witch didn't answer, as she pointed with a shaky finger at a figure that had just joined the others. "Old guy kind of reminds me of you Giles." The young man then focused on the new arrival. "Oh." Xander said, as he lowered his binoculars and looked sympathetically at the witch.

"Yeah Oh." The witch agreed weakly with her friend. "When Buffy calls for help she really pulls out all the stops."

Curious, Giles looked down to see what had set the witch and carpenter off, he had to admit he was surprised. There sitting calm as can be, and looking right at them was Oz. The werewolf looked at them with a combination of longing and disappointment.

"We're upwind." Xander noted to the others. "Which means that we can't even kid ourselves into thinking that he doesn't know we're here."

"Yes." Giles said, "I suppose now would be a good time to return. Buffy obviously isn't here, she would either be training with these people or making some kind of plan instead she' nowhere around, so she's obviously not here." The once proud scooby gang scurried back into the shadows of the town they had protected for so many years.

Mad-Eye Moody removed the hood of his invisibility cloak after a few minutes, the two eldest Weasley brothers removed the spells hiding them. The three men silently rolled up the extendable ears that they carried with them. "They seemed a little lost." Charlie noted.

"Aye lad. Evidentaly they didn't expect her to get help beyond the vampire and were content to think of her as a former player. But now she's an even bigger player than before."

"That may be, but who has a better grasp on the situation?" Bill asked, as he scratched his cheek just under the werewolf scars.

"I think they may both be right my boy. Getting kicked out may have woken the Slayer up, as much as all of the people coming to help her woke them up."


Vineyard




Bra’tac


Bra’tac slipped noiselessly behind one of the guards and swung his staff hard. He heard the satisfying crunch as his target fell. Twirling the staff, he thrust it over his shoulder, and slammed it into the face of another that was trying to sneak up on him. Spinning, he slammed the end into the warrior’s throat, cutting off his air supply. These were the best that the First Evil could produce? It was almost embarrassing how easily he was dealing with them.


Wolverine


Wolverine smirked as he looked down below him where three of the blind idiots were standing guard. He let a bit of ash fall from his cigar. The three looked up at him. “You boys looking for something?” he asked, as he jumped down. Unsheathing his claws, he slashed at the two on the edges as he came down. As he landed, he planted his feet in the face of the one in the middle. He felt the man’s -- or what had been a man’s -- face cave in, along with parts of his skull, spine, and maybe one of his legs, as his adamantium-laced bones fell on top of the Bringer. The mutant got up and was interrupted from admiring his work as he felt something strike him in the back. Wolverine hissed, pulling the item out.

Logan turned to look at one of the Bringers, who, incredibly, was still alive and kicking -- though he was bleeding like crazy across his face. The Bringer knelt down and retrieved the knife from the other one the clawed mutant had slashed. “Yer kidding, right?” Wolverine asked, as he held his claws up in the light.

The Bringer didn’t say anything as it began twirling the two blades in its hands, like it was putting on a show. It then ran at Wolverine and slammed both of the blades downward.

Wolverine caught the blades in between his claws. He bared his teeth at the pain; then with a twist of his wrists the blades went flying. Pulling his arms back, he impaled the Bringer through his/its shoulders; then, with another twist and yank he opened the Bringer up in front of him. “Idiot,” Wolverine grumbled, sheathing his claws as his hands and back finished healing up.


Teal’c


A knife flew through the air, and slammed into the chest of a Bringer; the being fell silently as it died.

Teal’c stepped out of the shadows and bent down to pull his knife back out. He never got the chance, as the other Bringer tackled him to the ground. With the ease of over sixty years of practice, Teal’c tossed the sightless being off him. The two scrambled to their feet.

Teal’c was now unarmed, aside from his noisier zat’nik’tel, and a Tau’ri pistol. The large Jaffa narrowed his eyes. His orders from Commander Summers were to do this silently; so, silently it would be. He let the Bringer charge at him, and then let the creature’s arm slide under his own as he stepped smoothly to one side. The former First Prime of Apophis then tightened his grip, and broke the arm holding the weapon. When he heard the knife fall, he slammed his elbow around into the Bringer’s face, stunning it. While it was dazed, he brought his hands onto the Bringer’s head, and with a quick, sharp twist, the Jaffa broke the neck of the unfortunate creature. “May death bring you freedom,” Teal’c said as he lay the dead Bringer down next to his large knife. Teal’c then leant over and retrieved his knife from the chest of the other as he began searching for more Bringers.


Buffy


The Slayer looked from side to side; it looked like her K.I.S.S. plan was actually working this time. The last time, she’d been going in blind; this time, she at least had an idea of what it was that she was facing.

Buffy slammed her foot into the chin of one Bringer, and kicked the other one into the door that led down to the lower level where the wine was stored. She watched with some amusement as the door broke and the Bringer continued falling. Now would have been a good time for Andrew’s camera. Oh well, it was time to face the First and Caleb. ‘Who knows? I might even come out of this alive.’ she thought to herself, as she made sure the radio she was wearing was set to on. Like Spike had said earlier – Showtime!


Methos


The Immortal sliced his sword through the neck of the Bringer. Methos curled his mouth in contempt; he never had understood why the First had these idiots as its foot soldiers. They were nearly useless as fighters; they were only good for the use of ceremonies, really, and just barely at that.

Looking around, Methos entered the building. No girl, despite her connections, told Death how to wage war! He would do the work that had to be done. Slipping past the various doors, he found what he presumed were the resting quarters for the disposables. Pushing the door open, he smirked as he saw that the room was empty of alert beings.

Moving swiftly, he began thrusting his knife into the chest of each of the Bringers that were resting with a cold efficiency that would have rivaled the great Angelus and Spike. Soon, the guards that had just gotten off duty were all lying dead in their bunks. The Immortal frowned as he began counting the number of beds. While some of them now held bodies, there were still far too many places for Bringers to sleep than what was left -- and even with the way they had torn into the things, there should still have been more than what was here. So where were the rest of the sightless scum, if they weren’t here for him to kill?

“Don’t worry, Death; you’ll get your few thousand gallons of blood soon enough,” The First said, as It came and stood beside one of the Four Horsemen.

“Can I help you?” Methos sneered.

“Just thought I’d ask if you had thought about joining the winning side. You don’t honestly think that the little girl is going to win, do you?”

“I owe the Highlander.”

“Forget them, for now, Death,” the blonde figure of Buffy said seductively. “You are a survivor, and a survivor doesn’t make stupid mistakes.” The First smirked. “Perhaps you want to know what would be in it for you?”

Adam replied dryly, “The thought had crossed my mind. By the way, shouldn’t you be watching the girl tear your boy apart?”

A snort of disgust escaped the First’s incorporeal nostrils.

“He decided to handle her without my help, and I have to admit, it’s just as well, considering what a fool she was making out of Caleb. Sometimes I wonder why I picked him for My arm, and when I remember, I didn’t. He was the only one with the strength to hold even the fraction of My power I’ve given him,” The First mused, crinkling the brow of her borrowed appearance.

“So what would be in it for me?”

The First seemed to think for a moment. “A number of the girls currently in the town will, most likely, lose what power they do have, if parts of their group were killed.” It looked coyly at Methos, tilting Its head to one side. “Perhaps there are more than the blonde that interest you? I’m sure we could come up with some kind of arrangement.” The First sighed, and looked downward in annoyance. “I gotta go, seems like My ‘boy’, as you put it, is about to get himself turned into a shish kabob if I don’t reign him in. Think about My offer,” It said as It disappeared.

Methos chuckled. The First must need him badly indeed, to be offering him some of those girls. Usually, the only good Champion was a dead Champion, as far as The First was concerned. Though he had to admit, it had given a very tempting offer; and that was just the first round of negotiations, something to grab his attention.

He slipped back out, and found the others just in time, as the radio the big guy wore came to life.

The voice of the real Buffy Summers crackled through the speaker. “Call for backup, and send them after Faith; she’s in trouble! Some kind of explosion!”

The Slayer had almost sisterly concern for the girl that had taken her place. That was interesting, thought Methos, and may be something that he could use against them later.

“Understood, Buffy Summers,” the big guy said, already reaching for the radio. “Colonel O’Neill, we need you to rescue the other Slayer. Her life is evidently in danger.”

“Thanks for the update, Teal’c, we’ll deal with it,” replied O’Neill.

The group watched a small blur, as it rushed by them.

Blinking, something he rarely seemed to do, Teal’c turned back to the radio. “We will join up with whoever is watching after the other Slayer, as Slayer Commander seems to be heading after her,” he intoned, with classic Jaffa understatement.

“Right. O’Neill out.”

The group took after the small blonde blur, which was trying to get to her fellow Slayer in time.




Outside of Armory


“You heard those orders, people! They need help! Let’s get in there, now!” Commander Samantha Finn directed her two teams of troops, and the group of civilians that had decided to tag along with them.

Nodding, the soldiers started to lead the group toward the entrance, when an explosion from inside sent rubble tumbling down, blocking the entrance to the large building.

The Army commander cursed to herself, as they were now blocked off from the dark haired Slayer and the group of Potentials that she had with her when they went in there. And, of course, her orders were to help them. A nice, supposedly easy recon mission had just up and gone FUBAR on them. The worst part about it, though, was that there was nothing that she could do about it.

“Move your soldiers, Commander,” the chocolate-skinned woman with white hair ordered, interrupting Samantha in her mental berating of herself, and the way she had done things.

Commander Finn nodded. She remembered that this woman was supposed to be an Elemental of some kind. Maybe she could make a fireball or something, to blow the wall in?

“You heard the lady! She snarled at her people. “Pull back!” The soldiers quickly complied with the order. “Now what?” She asked curious what would happen next.

“Havok.”

The younger Summers brother stepped forward. The blonde man clenched his fists, and pointed one of his fists at the rubble that was blocking the entrance, and let loose a beam of yellow and white energy that blew through the rubble and beyond. The soldiers flinched uncomfortably, as the mutant lowered his hand; some of them even fingered their weapons nervously as they eyed the mutant.

“Havok. You and I will remain out here.” Storm told her teammate

The people standing near the entrance were nearly run over by a blonde blur, which was determined to reach her sister Slayer in time. “Go!” Commander Finn told the others. “Are you waiting for Commander Summers to give you all an invite?” She asked before she charged past them. The other soldiers quickly followed after their leaders who were followed by two of Buffy’s team.

Methos and Bra’tac joined the others that had decided to wait outside, both of them huffing and puffing with exertion. “Had I been but 60 years younger I would have been able to keep up with them.” Bra’tac said gasping for breath. “Age is both a terrible and wonderful thing all at once.” The older Jaffa said, as he leaned against his staff weapon tiredly.

The two mutants nodded, as they kept watch for anything that might be going on. “I can not help but feel like we are missing something of importance.” The oldest of the Immortals said, as he finally looked up. “Something that could play a big part in what is to come later on.”

“I to sense that not all is as it seems.” Storm said as she watched the sky as if it could give her the answers to her questions. But then what in all of this mess is what it seems? I have yet to figure out what is wrong yet though. If you do realize it, I hope that you will share it with me.”

“I’ll see what I can do for you.” Methos told the mutant.

“Thank you.”


Inside Armory


The two teams and their allies followed after the trio of heroes, each armed with a weapon that was more or less their symbol. They came to a halt, as they saw that the Slayer was fighting a group of what they could only presume were the super vampires they had been hearing so much about. The things had yellow skin, and bat like ears with deformed faces, that were more grotesque than a normal vampires game face. They looked as powerful as the Master had been, if the physical descriptions they had of the old long dead vampire were correct. These vampires were maybe even stronger than the thousand year old vampire had been.

“Hold your fire!” Commander Finn ordered. Commander Summers was engaging these vampires, and she was moving around to close and fast around the vampires for them to be sure that she would not be hit by accident. The soldiers were forced to watch, as the vampires and Slayer fought it out. They were on one side, the Potentials were on the other, waiting and watching the outcome of this fight. After a few moments, the vampires were gone leaving the blonde Slayer to walk through the dust clouds that were there instead. Samantha Finn shivered slightly at the display of power that had just been used as the Slayer had killed the group of vampires. This woman was truly a legend in the making, and would be talked of long after most of them were gone.

“Lets get them out of here.” The blonde said, as she grabbed onto the other Slayer who was barely conscious. Slinging the taller woman over her shoulders, despite her weak protests she began walking towards the entrance.

“Get to it!” Commander Finn ordered, shaking her head to clear out of her thoughts.

The group took the wounded out, leaving behind only a handful of people. “All right Colossus, do yer thing.” Wolverine ordered as he leaned against the wall and waited. The large Russian teen nodded, as his body began to grow another foot and his skin took on a metallic silver sheen. The young man then charged at the wall of rubble the Potentials had crawled through. The pipes and concrete that had blocked the way were easily pushed aside, as the mutant teen charged through the mess. Moving quickly, the group searched for bodies, and found ten girls. Only two of them were still alive, though they were unconscious and bleeding heavily. A dark skinned man with a baldhead and a gold earring knelt down beside the girls. The man drew his wand, and began muttering something. A beam of light shot out of his wand, and somehow caused the bleeding to stop. Turning to the other potential he repeated the words, and stopped her bleeding as well.

“Good job.” Wolverine complimented both the wizard and the Russian teen. “Colossus take point. I’ll bring up the rear.”

“Da.”

“I’ve got them.” Kingsly assured the mutant, as he conjured a pair of stretchers beneath the two girls. He then levitated them with a swish and flick.

“Good job,” Wolverine said, “let’s go.” He gestured to the exit. The group left, and came up just as several of the wizards popped into view. A woman was forcing foul smelling drinks down a number of the girl’s throats, muttering how none of them should be out here. A red head, which Wolverine recognized was checking the kids for the extent of their damage. The Slayer was sitting beside her replacement, while she waited for the girl to wake up. The mutant sighed after getting banged like she had; the girl would probably be out for a few hours. She waited, as they were each treated despite the protests of some of the girls who obviously had their doubts about trusting them, despite the fact that they had just pulled their fat out of the fire. The others just looked embarrassed or ashamed about kicking their boss out, and were wisely keeping their traps shut.

“And how about you were you injured? The nurse asked, as she looked at the bloodstains on his uniform.

“Sure, I got hacked into a couple of times.” Wolverine said shrugging it off. “But I’ve already healed up.”

“Hmmph I will be the judge of that.” The woman said as several of the girls were given bits of what looked like garbage and disappeared. “Not even a vampire heals as fast as you are describing how you heal.”

“You might want to back off. He can heal from any injury a person gives him.” The Slayer said, after the dark haired girl had been sent away.

“I.”

“Are not qualified to tell him how his powers work.” The Slayer said, as she walked over to them since the last of her charges had disappeared. “Wolverine at best needs to change his clothes after he got blood on them. Now, continue checking on people, but the Immortals the Jaffa and Wolverine are off limits unless I say so.” She added with a steely glare.

“Now see here. I don’t know who you think you are.” The witch said, spluttering in surprise at being questioned, and now ordered not to check on someone.

The blonde smirked at the woman. “I’m the Slayer, and you are in my town, so you play by my rules. If you want we can get you a hospital set, up but that would mean that you would have to be the one that stays at base while the soldiers make a M.A.S.H hospital.”

“A what?” The woman asked in confusion.

“A M.A.S.H hospital.” The girl said. “My mom used to love that show.”

“And what does that stand for? I suppose it’s a Muggle word.”

The young woman scrunched up her nose in thought. “It stands for Mobile Army Surgical Hospital.” Riley said, as he came to stand beside her. “And I hope we don’t need anything that big. Besides, with my luck Spike would be the one to play Hawk Eye.”

“Yeah, then you’d have to play Burns.” The Slayer returned cheekily, her sarcastic mask going up automatically.

“No thanks.” Riley said grinning. “By the way nice new toy you got there.” He said nodding to the scythe she held.

“Yep, I got to play King Arthur with it if you can believe it.” Buffy said, as she looked at the weapon.

“With you I believe it.” The soldier assured her.

“Is everyone where they can get back to base? We have to get me caught up with what we have, and I need to see what we can do.”

“Of course Buffy, we’ll be ready for you at the base.” Riley said he looked at some of the glares he was getting. “Hey it’ll be easier to decide how we’re going to this there than at Angel’s mansion.” He defended.

“I’ll have a leader or someone like that from each group be there to, so that we can do this without having to repeat ourselves a dozen times.”

“Understood, you realize though, that your running off and doing things without help is going to be happening a lot less now that you’re in command.”

“I don’t know, that’s why I already have a great support team already set up. That way when I can’t tell the soldiers what to do people like you can do it.”

“Thanks I think.” Riley muttered, as he hugged his wife who had come over to see her husband talking about t.v shows with the company commander.

“Your welcome.” The Slayer said sweetly, as she went to go and collect the people that she would need for the upcoming meeting. Hey nurse lady get with your boss and you can get them to tell me what I should do and I’ll consider it. The witch just humphed, as she disappeared with a loud crack.
Sign up to rate and review this story