Categories > Original > Fantasy

Spirits

by temarisbob 0 reviews

Family secrets revealed

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-06-15 - Updated: 2012-06-16 - 2551 words

0Unrated
“in another seventeen years she’ll be back. But for now, I must wait”
17 years later…
Elena is a Senior at Gatlinburg High School in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. She is an honors student with a 4.0 GPA. Her parents are Henry and Helen Black. Her mother comes from a British family and was born and raised in the U.K. Her mother was raised catholic. Her father however, is full-blooded Cherokee. His family has lived in the Great Smokey Mountains for centuries and have many stories of evil demons and other beings that haunt their tribe. As well as the animal spirits that intertwine their destinies with certain people over time. While her mother’s family tells stories of fallen angels and demons.
As she gets ready on the morning of her first day of her Senior Year, she feels… different. She doesn't know why, she just does. She runs downstairs to find her mom and dad sitting in the kitchen waiting for her so they can start eating the breakfast her mom made. “Have you guys been waiting on me?” she asks slightly apologetic.
“Yes but its fine sweetheart.” Her dad says smiling a forgiving smiling at her. “Are you excited for the first day of your last year of high school?” He asks inquisitively.
“Only if excited and upset are the same thing.” She says picking up her fork and eating the eggs, sausage, and pancakes on her plate. Her mom always knew what she liked having for breakfast on the first day of a new school year. “I mean this is my last year at Gatlinburg High. Next year I’m going to be in college. I’m going to be leaving everything I know in one year.” She sighs and lays her head on the table.
“Well at least you get to have one more year with all your friends baby girl.” Her mom says as she takes her father’s plate to the sink. “And I am sure you are going to have a wonderful year.” She smiles a reassuring smile that comforts Elena.
She finishes her breakfast then grabs her back pack, purse, and keys, “Bye mamma, bye daddy.” she says as she walks out the door.
“Bye honey” Her parents reply.
As she gets into her lifted GMC Sierra she feels like someone, or something is in watching her from the woods behind her house. She blows it off and turns her truck on and leaves for school. When she gets to school, parks, and gets of her truck she gets attacked by hugs. “ELENA!!!” her best friend Ireland shouts, “I’ve missed you!!!”
“I’ve missed you too!” she says while hugging her best friend. All of the sudden another person is hugging her tightly. “Hey there you,” laughs Elena’s childhood friend Fang. Fang and Elena have been friends since kindergarten. There dad’s are best friends and are part of the same Cherokee Tribe.
“Fang!!!” Elena hugs him as tight as she can. She didn't get to see him all summer cause he was out at the Cherokee reservation all summer. He goes every summer and winter break. He’s been doing it since 7th grade. Elena has no idea why Fang goes to the reservation all the time, mostly because he never talks about what he does when he’s there.
“How was your summer Elena?” Fang asks as he gets his books out of his truck. Which is coincidentally the same make, model, and color as Elena’s, just lifted higher.
“Boring, I missed you all summer, as usual. What were you doing out at the reservation again?” She asks curiously.
“Oh nothing, fishing and hanging out with our grandpas.”
Elena can tell that he is either flat out lying or just not telling the entire truth. But, she decides to just let it go and wait until he comes over tonight-like he does every night of the first day of a new school year– to address it again. So she just grabs her books and walks with Fang and Ireland into the school. As they’re walking they are comparing their school schedules and notice that, for the 4th year in a row, they have every class together. “I wonder why for all of high school we have had the same classes every year.” Says Elena as they arrive the their first period class.
“Yeah I know its weird. What do you think Fang?”, asks Ireland.
“I have no idea. Maybe they realized in freshman year when we first got all our classes together that they couldn't split us up at all.” Laughs Fang as he pulls out Ireland and Elena’s seats for them before sitting down himself.”
“Maybe we should ask the guidance counselor one day,” comments Elena, “I mean the worst they can do is say that they cant tell us right?”
“True.” Replies Ireland.
As the day goes on Elena can’t help but think about that feeling she got this morning. The feeling that someone was watching her from the woods behind her house. “Maybe I’ll ask Fang to walk back there with me tonight.” she thought to herself. She just couldn't wait for this day to be over. She was ready to get home and relax.
When the day was over Elena and her two best friends walked to the student parking lot and got ready to leave. “I’ll see you in a couple hours Elena.” Fang said as he got into his truck.
“Can’t wait” she said smiling. She loved when she got to hang out with Fang and it was just the two of them. He was her best friend in the whole world. She could talk to him about absolutely anything and not be worried about being judged. She has always secretly loved him but she would never show it.
Knock Knock “Its open” Elena yells while she is in her bathroom taking off the little bit of make up she wears.
“Hey beautiful” says Fang as he leans against the door frame.
“Hey!” She hug tackles him onto the bed and they both start laughing. “How’d you get into the house? Mom and Dad are still gone.”
“They gave me a key back in 7th grade remember?” He chuckles as her face gets red from embarrassment.
“Oh yeah,” she turns away and tries not to let him see that she is getting redder. But, despite her efforts, he notices and wraps his arms around her
“Soooo… what are we going to do tonight?”
She didn't know what to say or do. She just loved the feeling of his arms around her. Anytime they were around each other she felt safe. Now she feels safer than ever. “Umm… I don't know. Want to just hang up here and watch a movie in the media room?” Truth is, all she wanted to do was kiss him. She couldn't think of anything more appealing at this moment. “Oh, Wait!!!” she just remembered what she wanted him to do, “can you walk in the woods with me? I felt like someone was watching me this morning.”
“Of course girl.” He replied smiling and it made she felt a sudden rush of warmth go through her body. She couldn't believe how just that little gesture made her feel that way. When Fang went downstairs she went to get changed. When she came down Fang was sitting on the stairs waiting patiently. “You ready Elena?” he asked very politely.
“Yep. Lets go” She smiled a fun and happy smile. Little did she know that the same feeling she got when he smiled at her, he got when she smiled at him.
As they start walking she admires Fang’s features. His broad shoulders, defined muscles, chiseled jaw and his lips. However, the one thing she has always loved most of all were his ice blue eyes. They were the same blue as a huskies. Fang turned his head and she immediately turned hers away and they both got red. Elena notices Fang getting more and more tense the deeper they get into the woods. Finally she looks at him, “Fang?”
“Yeah?” he replies confused.
“I have to tell you something…” she looks down at her feet. But then she feels her chin lifting with the help of Fang. He smiles and she just melts on the inside. “I have been in love with you since the 8th grade when you beat the crap out of the guy who tried to get me to sleep with him. You mean the world to me and if you ever left my life I’d be absolutely devastated.”
She closes her eyes and tries to hold back tears because she feels like an idiot for telling him this. But then, she feels his lips touch softly to hers. When they pull away he looks at her and says “I have been in love with you since the 7th grade. We’ve grown up together, and I can’t think of anyone who means more to me than you do.”

Elena hugs him tightly and smiles. Then she looks at him seriously, “Will you tell me what you actually do when you go to the reservation?” she asks curiously.
“I…. Watch out!!!” Fang grabs Elena and jumps to the ground as a huge boulder comes flying towards them. “Stay here!” he commands as he stands up and turns around.
“Its been three years Silver Fang!” shouts a large grim figure from a distance. “I don't believe you’ve introduced me to this deliciously beautiful girl!” shouts the figure.
“Leave her out of this Incubus!” screams a very angry Fang.
“Silver Fang? Three years since what?” a confused Elena thinks to herself. Then she notices Fang start to change. His shoulders start to get broader, he starts getting taller, and bigger. He starts growing claws, long sharp fangs, and long extraordinary silver hair. “Oh my God, this is his secret…” thinks a very confused Elena.
“Now it’s time to have fun, BRING IT!!!” Incubus rushes towards Elena. She screams in terror, but a very thick Fang stops Incubus from getting anywhere near her.
“STAY AWAY FROM HER!!!” screams Fang as he throws Incubus into a clearing. Fang charges towards him and, before Incubus can get up, has him pinned to the ground. Then he throws him against a large hardwood tree.
As the fight continues, Elena sits in both awe and terror. She never thought that anything she was seeing in front of her was ever real. Let alone that it would be involving her long time childhood friend, and love of her life. Did her dad know what Fang was? Has he been like this since his whole life? She had so many questions. She wanted nothing more than to just take Fang’s hand and walk back to her house and ask her dad and Fang all these questions, but right now Fang was slightly occupied.
“This isn't over Silver Fang.” says a very exhausted and injured Incubus. After he shimmers away, Fang turns back into his normal self and runs over to Elena to see if she is okay,
“Sweetheart are you okay?” H says in a very worried tone. He takes her in his arms and keeps repeating, “I’m so sorry.”
She kisses him softly and smiles “I’m fine Fang. Are you okay though?” She notices him wincing a small bit when he moves his left arm too much.
“Yeah babe, I’m fine. Its not my first rodeo.” He says smirking.
She giggles and looks into his eyes. Then she smacks his chest playfully. “Don’t scare me like that again!” She shouts then starts giggling again. She keeps trying to process exactly what just happened but still can’t completely comprehend it. She takes Fang’s hand as he lifts her up off the ground. She looks into his eyes and thinks to herself “That’s why his eyes are that color.” This was going to be a lot to take it, but when they got back to the house she’d have to ask Fang and her dad what was going on.
As they arrive at the house Elena notices that both her mom and dad are home. Also, she notices that her grandfather is here as well. “I wonder why my grandpa is over.” She looks at Fang “Do you know why?”

He shakes his head and sighs, “No, but it can’t be good if he came off the reservation.” Fang was right. Elena’s grandfather never left the reservation unless it was something of great importance.
When they walk inside everyone in the living room looks at them. “Hi grandpa.” Elena says as she walks over and gives him a hug.
“Hi sweetie” her grandfather replies as he gives her a big hug. He looks at Fang with a serious look. “Is he back?”
Fang nods, “Yes. He is back and he is definitely out for revenge. Its not safe for her to stay here without a spirit warrior to protect her.” He looks at Elena, who at this point is looking at everyone confused.
“What do you mean? Its not safe for who?”
Elena’s father looks at her very serious. “Baby girl, I think its time you knew why everyone in the family finds you so special.” He looks at everyone then continues speaking to Elena. “You’re spirit is intertwine with the spirit of the female silver wolf. You have past lives, and everyone of them was killed when they were fourteen. After they are killed the wolf spirit waits seven years until its human partner is born again.”
Elena looks at her father, then Fang, then back to her father. “Is this why my eyes are as blue as the are?” Her father nods. “What about Fang? Is he…”
Her father cuts her off, “His spirit is intertwine with the spirit of the male silver wolf. Therefore, he is a spirit warrior. His whole purpose is to protect you because of your spirit.”
“Wait a minute, I’m seventeen though.” She points out, as if no one was keeping track of her age.
“Well, Fang is stronger than the past spirit warriors. His love for you is stronger than that of the past spirit warriors. For every time the female spirit dies, the warrior dies. Not only are your souls intertwine with the silver wolf spirits, but they are also intertwine with each other. Your destinies as one in the same. And the silver wolf spirits are the leaders of the spirit animal world. And you two are the ones who have been blessed with the spirits. So all of the demons that haunt our tribes will stop at nothing to get rid of both of you.”
Elena couldn't believe what she was being told. She was part of the much bigger picture than just a normal high school student. She would have to watch her back whenever she was away from Fang. But she knew that if he had his way, they would never be apart. From now on, everything in her life will take on a whole new meaning.
Sign up to rate and review this story