Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > The Real You

Cruel to be Kind

by SoulSushi 0 reviews

Grimmjow's taken back to his school days...and the first time he met Ulquiorra...

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ichimaru Gin - Published: 2012-06-18 - Updated: 2012-06-18 - 1164 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 10
Cruel To Be Kind

I found myself walking through a playground. There were lots of kids running around, but none of them could see me.
I knew how Ebenezer Scrooge felt out of ‘A Christmas Carol.’ by Charles Dickens now.
It’s a really weird feeling. You find yourself thinking ‘Am I the ghost here, or is it them?’, but I knew the answer as soon as I spotted a red bouncy ball.
This was a memory. Of me, when I was younger. At primary school.
I suddenly spotted a small boy with shoulder-length blonde hair, holding the hand of a small, brunette boy.
He was tiny. He must have been in nursery. But the blonde looked year 5.
Then I realised.
They were both in year five. How did I know that?
The blonde was little Ilforte.
The brunette was me.
I watched them, scurrying along the playground. Ilforte stopped near one of the older boys.
“Do you know where Szayel is?” He nodded.
Wait...Szayel must have only been in year five at the time too! God, that was years ago. Eons.
“I think he’s in the lab re-doing his science test. He didn’t get full marks, so he asked to do it again.” I smirked.
Szayel, even at a young age, had been a perfectionist.
Ilforte cursed under his breath, but nodded. He dragged me off again.
How comes I didn’t remember this?
He took me away from the other children.
“Listen here Grimmy.” He sighed. “Mr Kuchiki can’t help you. The big boys are too nasty. You have to learn to fight. Fast. If not, shout at them. Here they come.”
Some boys, most likely in the older year walked up to us.
“Hey, look guys; it’s the cry baby, and the gay geek’s bro!”
I nearly smashed their heads in there and then.
“Don’t you dare insult me, brother!” Ilforte growled. I cowered behind him.
“I could beat you anyday!”
“Oh, is that so?” The ginger haired boy laughed.
“Renji, why don’t you test this little brat out?” The redhead grinned.
“Sure thing, Ichigo.” He suddenly ran towards Ilforte, who ran in the opposite direction. I looked at the floor, as the ginger one stared at me.
“All alone. Whatcha gonna do now?” There was no one else in sight. He grabbed me by the collar, laughing.
“You’re so little! You weigh hardly anything!” I was squirming, and then I spoke.
I couldn’t believe how much like a girl I sounded back then.
“Lemme go! This ain’t funny! Stupid ginger kid!” He dropped me, and I fell on my knees, holding back tears.
There was a flash of white, and a boy appeared, about my age at the time. He was dressed in white, and had shoulder length black hair.
He also had huge green eyes.
The ginger stared at him.
“Who the hell are you kid? What are you doing here? And why are you dressed like that?” The smaller boy walked up to him, with no emotion on his face, and jabbed him in the leg, quickly uttering one word.
“Poke.”
The ginger suddenly had a very painful look on his face, and he fell to his knees. The pale boy turned to me.
“Are you okay?” He asked me. I stared at him and nodded.
“Are you an angel?” I had asked him. That made me smile.
The boy shook his head.
“I am afraid not, but I am here to help you.” He gave me a hand to help me stand up, and touched my knees.
All grazes and scratches disappeared.
“Boy, what is your name?” He asked me.
“...G-Grimmjow. Grimmjow Jaeggerjacques.” I stopped.
That’s how he had known my name when I had left the games store!
He nodded.
“Well Grimmjow, I have a feeling we will meet at some point in the future, but only if you do something.” I nodded, following the boy with my eyes.
“What is it?”
“I need you to get stronger. I need you to stand up to your enemies. Can you do that?” I nodded.
“I will be watching you, Grimmjow.” He disappeared in another flash of white.
The ginger kid stood up.
“Who the hell was that kid? One of your friends?” I shook my head.
“I don’t know.” The ginger picked me up again.
“That hurt you little brat.” I then did something that made me grin, and then fall into hysterics.
Me, being the little brat I was, spat in his face.
“Put me down now, son of a bitch, or I’ll bite your crotch!” The ginger froze at that. I was snarling at him.
He put me down slowly and stared at me.
I crunched my teeth together and he legged it across the playground.
As I walked around the corner again, I met up with Ilforte.
“Are you okay, Grimmy?” He asked me, a look of pure concern on his face. I grinned at him.
“Let’s just say he won’t be coming near me for a while.” The memory faded, and I was back in the corridor.
Except this was a different corridor. This corridor was extremely long and narrow, with a single door at the end.
The attic?
It was the only door around, so I started walking towards it.
I know I’m strong. I’m practically fearless.
Do I really have Ulquiorra to thank for that?
I must have forgotten it, passed it off as a childish daydream or something along those lines.
I had known Ulquiorra then. He must have spent all his time since that day preparing this world for me.
Testing me.
I felt slightly flattered by it. He could have chosen anyone to dedicate his life to, and he chose me.
That beautiful, pale child that turned into the amazing, porcelain man I now know chose me over everyone else in the world.
That was when I stopped myself.
I was walking to the attic now. Soon, this whole thing would be over, and life would return to normal.
No feeling special. No feeling loved.
No Ulquiorra.
I didn’t want to think about it like that, but I had to. In about ten minutes, we would be out of here, and I would never see that perfect face, or kiss those perfect lips again.
I repeat, why oh why oh why oh why did he have to be the bad guy?
I stood at the door. This was it. My final crowning moment.
I don’t know why it felt like that. I suppose it must be something to do with managing to get us all out safely. I was going to be a hero amongst the group after tonight, even if I didn’t want to be.
I booted open my last door of the evening with a huge slam, one that said...
“Honey, I’m home!”
Sign up to rate and review this story