Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > Unreasonable Persistence

Giving Up

by Silverone 0 reviews

Tatsuha finally pushes things to far and something has to give.

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Tatsuha, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-07 - Updated: 2006-07-07 - 2472 words

0Unrated
Chapter10

Title: Giving up
Author/Artist:
Pairing: TatsuhaxTaki
Fandom: Gravitation
Theme: #29 The sound of waves
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters or this series and I don't profit from this work.
Warning: A minor OC appears in this chapter, but only because she was necessary to the plot.

"A date?" Taki stared at the dark haired woman in front of him, narrowing his eyes. Shizuru Okayasu was a great publicist, but she was also a major pain in the ass. A thirty something woman who liked to prey on much younger men, she flirted with anyone younger than her, regardless of the danger to her job. Ma-kun had alluded to some heavy make out session and Ken couldn't exactly look her in the eye. But, she'd lately been focusing her attention completely on Taki and it was getting on his nerves. She'd finally ended up calling Taki out to the studio's lounge, knowing that he wouldn't want to make a scene. Despite how rash he was, Taki didn't like embarrassing himself in front of others, especially people he worked with.

"Yes. You do know what a date is, don't you Tachi?" Taki gritted his teeth, close to smacking the woman, but resisted, least things escalate. Shizuru may have been his publicist, but she had made it perfectly clear what would happen if she was displeased in any way and Taki wasn't a fan of his indiscretions being made public save for when it suited him.

It looked like he didn't have much of a choice, so he decided to just grin and bear it. "Yes, I do know what a date is. So where do you want to go?" This wouldn't be the first time he'd gone out on a date with someone he disliked, though he normally had more control over the situation than this.

"I know this great little cafe.."
________________________________________________________________________

Tatsuha had decided to wait a few days before paying Taki another visit. Absence would make the heart grow fonder. Besides, he had to feeling that Taki couldn't take too much being thrown at him, so it would be better if the older man had sometime to relax, before he reached the breaking point. Plus, he wouldn't come off looking like the obsessed freak Taki thought he was.

When it was finally time to pay him a visit again, Tatsuha spent a few minutes waiting outside the apartment, trying to figure out what his approach would be this time. Just as he had finished formulating his plan, he saw Taki come out of the apartment, looking annoyed and dressed to kill, a look which suited him. Tatsuha watched as Taki got into his car and pulled out of the driveway, making no move to stop him.

Instead, Tatsuha revved his motorcycle and followed him. He ended up following the car all the way to Tokyo Bay. Taki eventually ended up parking by a small cafe in an upscale neighborhood and entering. Tatsuha waited a few minutes before going in, finding a seat that was in a spot where he could watch Taki without being seen by him, picking up an abandoned newspaper that had been left sitting nearby, so that he could hide his face. As a waitress came to take his order, a woman entered and headed towards where Taki was sitting, taking a seat across from him.

The woman was about thirty, with long dark hair, and a body that wouldn't quit, if Tatsuha was able to judge by the way her Versace dress accentuated her figure. His type if ever there was such a thing. Apparently Taki's type as well, though, by the set of his shoulders, he could tell Taki was not in a good mood. Once he got his coffee, Tatsuha made sure to change seats, finding one that was a close enough so that he could hear what they were talking about.

"You don't need to be so shy, you know." The woman had a sultry purr to her voice, the type that Tatsuha was all too familiar with, despite his how young he was. It was the same voice his girlfriends used on him whenever they were trying to be forceful.

The teenager liked it personally, though it appeared that Taki wasn't a fan of seductive voices, as her tone only seemed to set him more on edge. "I'm not being shy." Tatsuha had the feeling that if Taki could have, he would have committed some act of violence.

The woman pouted, looking really cutesy, despite her age, like a high school girl. "Oh come on Tachi. What do you have against me? Really?"

"Nothing personal. Man-eaters like you are alright in my book. It's the fact that you keep flirting with me that's the problem." Taki seemed to have relaxed a little, as if he dealt with pushy women all the time, though he still looked like he was being put out.

"I thought you liked flirting, you egotistical boy." Tatsuha resisted the urge to laugh, knowing it to be true, despite how Taki acted.

"Yes, but I'm not interested in old hags." The remark was incredibly cutting and tactless, but delivered authoritatively. It made him think of something Eiri would say, except his brother usually chose not to insult a woman to her face, unless it was Mika.

Tatsuha could make out the sudden twitch on the woman's face, though she was covering it up with a smile. "Tachi, you know I could break you if I wanted to."

"You do know that sexual harassment is a crime?" Tatsuha personally wouldn't' have minded if he got sexually harassed by a woman like her, but he guessed some people were picky.

"A young man like you, who's all alone though..." She leveled him with a predatory gaze. "Taki, I'm doing you a favor." She was fingering the rim of her coffee mug, tapping it with a painted nail occasionally. "Now, if you were taken, it'd be a different matter entirely. I don't like being involved in affairs. Too messy."

"You don't say." It was obvious that Taki didn't believe her and normally Tatsuha wouldn't' have except, you could never tell with the older, richer ones.

"Either that or you're gay. Which ever one it is, I'm okay with." The moment she said it an idea started to form in Tatsuha's head, a reckless one, but one that was also too good to pass up. Tatsuha decided to hold back though and wait until the moment was perfect.

There was a clang of silverware and one could sense just how angry Taki really was. "I am not gay!"

The woman now seemed to have a bored expression on her face. "Not gay, not dating anyone, so what's the hold up?"

Tatsuha had to admit that he liked the lady's style. And what was more, he liked the opportunity that she was providing him with. Tatsuha got up and ambled on over there, mentally preparing himself for the role he'd have to play.

"Taki! What are you doing here?" Tatsuha feigned shock perfectly. "And with a woman!"

The woman and Taki were both just as stunned. Well, Taki looked more like he'd just been shot between the eyes. "Aizawa-san, who is this?" The woman had a demanding tone to her voice and she didn't look amused at all.

"That's..." Taki seemed to have trouble getting his mouth to work, which was understandable considering the circumstances. Tatsuha decided to add even more fuel to the fire.

Putting a hand to his brow as if he were a heartbroken school girl, Tatsuha made sure to sound chocked up. "You're so cruel, Taki. Going on a date with a woman when you have me." Tatsuha felt that he deserved an award for the performance he was giving. It certainly seemed to be working on the woman.

"So you really are gay?" She didn't seem amused at all, her lips pursed together in a thin, red, angry line.

Taki's face was almost the same shade of red as he lip stick actually. "No I'm not! He's lying! He's just some creepy stalker!"

Tatsuha began to rub his eyes, making a slight hiccupping noise. Besides being a great actor, he was also well versed in the art of crying. "This is just because I'm a guy and because I'm too young and..." He now made as if to blubber uncontrollably. It was easy really, you just had to imagine a really strong onion.

The older woman's anger was now replaced with a mortified look. "No, really it was just a business meeting. I wasn't trying to take your boyfriend." She got up from her seat and bowed, then glared at Taki. "Aizawa-san, I'll let this slide, since it is rather scandalous and I can understand why you'd hide it, but next time, I'd appreciate it if you were a little blunter."

Tatsuha managed not to laugh and instead mustered a weak smile, as if what the woman had said meant the world to him. "You're a really nice lady. I hope you find a nice boyfriend."

Through his tears, Tatsuha could see an enchanted look on the woman's face, the type women got when looked at newborn babies or kittens and puppies. "You're a real sweet heart. If that guy ever dumps you and you decide you're not gay anymore, just give me a ring." Shizuru grabbed her purse, slinging it over her shoulder. "I'll leave you guys to make up. Try not to be hard on him, okay?" She gave Tatsuha a wink, before heading off.

Taki just watched her go as Tatsuha sat down in her now vacated seat. "Man, chicks are too easy. They see a guy cry and they begin to think that he's all sensitive and shit and that they better take him seriously." Taki was now glaring at him, his hands clenching the table.

"You little..."

"What? You looked like you were in a tight spot, so I decided to help you." Taki got up abruptly and started heading for the door with out another word. "Hey wait!" Tatsuha hurried after him, but Taki was already out the door.
________________________________________________________________________

The rage that was now gripping him had only left Taki enough sense to realize that he probably shouldn't be driving, so he'd just walked right past his car, heading towards the nearby beach. The loud crash of waves was almost enough to drown out his thoughts, along with the overwhelming smell of salt. The beach it's self was private property apparently, thus it was empty of people, for which Taki was thankful.

"Hey I said wait up!" Hearing Tatsuha call out only caused Taki to speed up. "Stop it now!" Taki felt a hand clasp onto his shoulder and stopped moving. They were standing just out of reach of the waves at that moment. "What the fuck is your problem?"

"My problem? What's my problem is?" Taki turned around, pushing Tatsuha's hand away. "You don't get it, do you? Do you know what your little stunt made me look like?"

Tatsuha shrugged, sliding his hands into his pockets. "So, one lady thinks you're queer. So what?"

"Do you know what it'd do to my career if that ever got out!? You want to turn me into a fucking laughing stalk? Or worse, get me arrested because everyone thinks I'm screwing around with a minor?" Not to mention what Seguchi and Eiri Yuki would do to him.

"Then give me what I want!" Tatsuha grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him. "If you'd just tell me what I want to know, I wouldn't bug you anymore!"

"I'm not telling you a fucking thing!" Taki tried to get out of his grasp, only to find that Tatsuha was gripping him too hard. "Get your hands off me!" Taki pry Tatsuha's finger's off without much luck.

"Not until you give me something!" Taki tried to shove him away again, which caused Tatsuha to tighten his grip ever more, to the point of nearly bruising him. Taki resorted to kicking the boy in the shin as hard as possible, causing Tatsuha to let go. Just as he turned to run though, Taki felt a hand grip the back of his shirt, causing him to stumble and fall face down, dragging Tatsuha down with him.

"Get off!" Tatsuha had managed to fall right on top of him and was purposely making it so that he couldn't get up

"Just chill!" Emphasizing his point, Tatsuha shoved Taki's face down into the sand. It was few minutes before Taki stopped struggling and finally went limp. "There, that's better. Now if I get off of you and let you up, you won't run away or make a scene, will you?"

Taki nodded, his face muffled by the sand. Tatsuha eased off him and Taki sat up on his knees and brushed the sand off his face. "I hate you." Tatsuha stared at him for a few minutes, then leaned forward and kissed him. Taki stared at him like he was some sort of idiot. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"You looked kinda cute like that, that's all." Taki wasn't sure if he wanted smack Tatsuha for trying to sweet talk him or not. After a few minutes, he decided that no, he didn't want to start another fight. Because he was suddenly felt exhausted, like he'd been fighting some long battle and couldn't take another step.

"You're unbelievable." Taki got up, shaking his head. "And what are you going to do about Okayasu?" Taki didn't want to think about Shizuru winking at him, being secretly supportive of his "gay relationship."

"What do you mean? That's your problem, not mine." Tatsuha grabbed a box of cigarettes from his pocket and tapped one out, lighting it. "Besides, I thought you wanted her out of your hair?"

Taki once again felt the urge to kill him, but managed to fight it. It just wasn't worth it. "Not like that. She's going to be impossible to work with from now on."

"Nothing I can do about that. Though maybe I'll send her some pictures." Tatsuha had thoughtful look on his face. 'She looks like the kind of chick into that stuff."

Taki groaned, then shrugged, deciding that he didn't want to know what kind of pictures those would be. "Hey, you want some coffee or something? I mean since you're here and I'm here." He said, noticing the gleam in Tatsuha's eyes.

"That's cool. Can I have whatever I want?" Taki shrugged, not wanting to answer verbally. If he did, it'd be like entering into some dangerous contract. Though as they'd headed back to the cafe, he had a sense that the contract he'd entered into already was just as dangerous.
Sign up to rate and review this story