Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Tell Me Why

Chapter 2

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

Charlotte goes on her way to Uncle Ringo's house.

Category: Beatles - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Characters: Ringo Starr - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-07-01 - Updated: 2012-07-01 - 930 words - Complete

0Unrated
I couldn't believe they didn't tell me before... I had wanted to know about my parents since I was young! And now they choose to tell me that they had been my parents the whole time? Didn't they love me?

I grabbed my bag and started to pack a few things; clothes, a few books, some money, and anything else I figured I would need. I looked at a picture of the three of us before I dropped it angrily and left it on the floor.

By now it was late at night. I walked out of my door, quietly shutting it behind me. I carefully went down the creaky stairs, hoping no one could hear me. Once downstairs, I went to the kitchen to the back door. Before I turned the knob, I looked around the old, familiar room and sighed. I went out the door, leaving everything I had in that house behind.


~~~


I knew where I was going. We had walked all the way to the house many times before, and I had memorized it over the years. I found my way to the front door with the light of the sun beginning to shine on my way. I hesitated, then rose my hand to ring the doorbell. After a few minutes of waiting, the door opened.

"Charlotte?" the owner of the house said, surprised I was there at such an early hour.

"Hi, Uncle Ringo...," I said with a soft smile.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. "It's so early... what's that bag for?"

"Could I come in?" I asked. "I'm sorry to bother you, but... well... it's a long story..."

"Oh, sure, come in! Come in!" He led me inside his house with a smile. "What's troubling you, dear?"

I sighed. "Uncle Ringo?"

"Yes?" he answered. "Would you like some coffee or something?"

"Not now," I said. "Would it be alright if I stayed the night?"

He smiled again. "Alright. You know where the guest room is, so make yourself comfortable."

We both went to our rooms, tired and ready to go back to bed.


~~~


The next morning, I woke up to the smell of pancakes in the kitchen. I hopped out of bed and went downstairs.

"Hello, Charlotte," Uncle Ringo greeted as he flipped another pancake.

"Hi, Uncle Ringo. Is there anything I can help you with?" I asked.

"You could help by setting the table for me," he said.

I did as he said and grabbed some forks and knives for us to use, as well as some syrup, napkins, and whatever else we needed. He came over with a stack of pancakes and gave me a hug. "Thank you, sweetheart," he said, kissing my forehead. We sat down and started eating. "Now," he said, "what brought you over?"

I swallowed a bite of pancake slowly and set my fork down. "Well-"

"Would you like some coffee?" he asked. "I didn't mean to interrupt, but I was just wondering..."

"Coffee would be nice," I said. "Thank you."

He got up and went to a cabinet to gets some mugs. "You were saying?"

"Uncle Ringo... how long have you known Uncle John and Uncle George?"

"Hmm..." He thought as he walked to the coffee maker. "I'd say... about a year after you were born or so... why?"

"Oh," I said. "Then I guess you don't know..."

"Don't know what?"

"That... Uncle John and Uncle George... are my real parents..." I looked at him, waiting for a response. He stopped what he was doing, his back facing me.

"So they finally told you..." he said quietly.

"Wait... you knew too?" I asked, somewhat surprised. They were able to tell friends and family but not me?

"I did, sweetie," he said, turning to face me. "I know what you're thinking... They didn't tell you cos they weren't sure how you'd react..."

"What a nice system there..." I said sarcastically.

"Charlotte-"

"If they cared about me, they would have told me before!"

"Charlotte, listen." Uncle Ringo's tone was serious, so I shut up. "They wanted to wait until sometime after you had learned about the birds and the bees. And you remember what was going on around then, don't you? You were already teased for being raised by two men who seemed to be in love with each other. They didn't want to trouble you even more. Time went by, and now we're here. And believe me, they care about you a hell more than you think they do. If they didn't care for you, they would have given up on you when you were in a coma."

I was speechless and confused. I felt thoughtless of my actions. But what was he talking about, my being in a coma? When was this? "I'm sorry, Uncle Ringo... I... I never realized..."

He sighed. "It's alright... I didn't mean to snap at you... You just need to think before you act and say..."

I nodded and bit my lip. "Uncle Ringo?" I asked.

"Yes?" he replied.

"Did you say... I was in a coma?"

He looked at me. "I guess there's more they haven't told you... I'll explain after breakfast."

We ate the rest of the pancakes silently before he set me down to tell me about the day Uncle George and Uncle George told Uncle Ringo about me.


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

If you have not read "Little Child", I would STRONGLY SUGGEST you do cos otherwise you most likely will not get the rest of the story. That is all.

Little Child link: http://ficwad.com/story/170414
Sign up to rate and review this story