Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Aftermath Trilogy: To Ask and Be Answered

A New Ally?

by Slades_Downfall 0 reviews

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Beast Boy,Cyborg,Raven,Robin - Published: 2012-07-02 - Updated: 2012-07-06 - 1560 words - Complete

0Unrated
The next day the alarms blared at Titans Tower, signaling danger. Nightwing used his communicator to call the others to action.

Garfield Logan was quietly waking up early that morning. The sun shone brightly for the time he was up and he frowned. He looked at his beautiful wife Angel, his Raven as she slept somewhat fitfully beside him. Reaching down quietly he began to stroke her hair, thinking about her and the beautiful son she carried inside her. He hoped beyond all doubt that he would be a great father. He didn't want his son to suffer the loss of being orphaned at a young age, like he did. He wanted his son to have a full, complete life and be happy.

Suddenly, Angel shot up, startling him out of his reverie. Looking around, she breathed a sigh of relief as she saw that she was in her own room in her own house. Her nightmare had been horrible.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "Are you alright my Angel?" he stroked her hair gently taking her in his arms.

"I'm fine, Gar...It was just a dream," Angel replied gratefully leaning in on his shoulder.

"What happened in your dream, Love?" he asked. worried about her.

"My dream was horrible...I dreamed that someone kidnapped me...and they tried to get me to tell them where you were." Her voice shook slightly, still nervous about the dream. "They beat me, they threatened to hurt me and the baby...I couldn't use my powers for some reason. They were going to kill me. They just kept beating me...and that's when I woke up."

"Oh Angel, my Raven I won't let anything like that happen to you." He pulled her closer. "It's just a dream. Dreams pass in time."

"I hope you're right...it seemed so real." Her voice was just above a whisper.

"A lot of things seem real, but they aren't Love." Gar smiled slyly. "But I do know one thing that is real...And that's that I love you, and I'd never let anything happen to you." He gently pressed his lips to hers in soothing, comforting kisses. She warmly accepted his embraces, wrapping her arms about his body. Holding him tightly, their kisses became more demanding, filled with longing.

Gently, their lips parted as Gar gently trailed kisses down to her swollen belly, he gently lavished her clothed stomach with sweet, loving kisses. "I love you," he whispered quietly.

"I know," she replied, smiling at him. Just then the Titans Communicator began beeping, signaling trouble.

"I have to go," Beast Boy said quietly.

"Alright," Angel replied. "Keep yourself safe."

"I will," he kissed her forehead softly. "I just need you to stay here, rest, and take care of our son."

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." Garfield Logan took off out the door leaving his wife to rest.

The call began blaring, signaling the need for help from Jump City's defender."Another break in at the hardware store," Nightwing explained. Soon, they were all there, ready for Acton. "Titans, go!" They took off in the direction of the hardware store.

Arriving, they spotted a small group of teenagers waving guns around at the cashier demanding money. The Titans burst in the door, headed by Nightwing, who shouted, "So you people didn't think we'd come to join this party?"

They turned and opened fire; the Titans immediately sprang into action. Nightwing twirled his Bo-staff easily blocking blows of the one who seemed to be an apparent leader. The leader smashed him in the face with his fist, leaving a bruise. Nightwing accepted the blow and smashed his staff into his attacker's face, sending hams sprawling.

Cyborg took out one of his opponents easily with a sweep of his large, mechanical arm. Leaping forward he smashed one of the teens in the face while another raised his gun to fire. He would have appreciated Raven being there to help, but she was five months pregnant and they couldn't risk the safety of her unborn child.

Starfire saw the teen raise his gun, and before he had a chance to fire a shot, she fired first sending the gun skittering away from the boy's grasp. Beast Boy morphed into a tiger and charged in. Some other teens raised their guns to fire on him, but he moved so fast they didn't know what hit them until they were pinned down with an angry tiger staring them in the face, fangs bared.

Nightwing was having some trouble handling four of the teenagers as they began to gang up on him. Having the most experience as a fighter was his advantage, but still, it was getting difficult. While they weren't as skilled in the art of fighting, they were determined to destroy him. He was beginning to be forced to back up into a corner. Flipping over one, he smashed his Bo staff into the face of one, while whirling around to kick another. There were only two facing him, but he didn't see one teen step from the shadows and raise his gun, aiming for his head.

Starfire managed to see it too late and shouted, "Nightwing, look out!" Just as the gun fired, a human shape flew out of nowhere, smashing the would be assailant, sending him sprawling to the floor, the gun flying far away. Nightwing stared at the stranger in surprise, it was Red X! But he'd been gone for 10 years now, why would he come back? The Titans gathered up the rest of the gang members and the police put them away.

Nightwing stood quietly, staring at Red X with his piercing gaze. He wasn't sure what to think. The Titans too gathered around, and stared at Red X, they obviously hadn't expected to see him either.

"Red X, it's been a long time," Nightwing finally broke the silence.

"Indeed it has," Red X surveyed the Titans silently.

"Why did you help us?" Nightwing demanded.

"Because you needed it."

"I thought you wanted to be number one. That's what you told me, remember?"

"Perhaps I've changed since then."

Nightwing looked at Red X, thoughtful. It was at these times he wished Raven was there. He could use her ability to read people's thoughts right then. "So what do you want Red X?" he asked.

"I wish to join the Titans," he replied. The others were surprised. Nightwing turned to his friends.

"What do you say guys?"

Cyborg pulled him aside. "I don't know man, it's weird he shows up and helps us, then he claims he's not a thief anymore. Why should we trust him?"

"I don't trust him, but I have a feeling he might know what's going on around here."

"Beast Boy, Starfire, what do you both think?"

"I am not sure, but if he joins us we should watch him," Starfire said quietly.

"Let him join us," Beast Boy said, "who knows what'll happen if we turn him down."

"Alright, but we won't make the same mistake we did when Terra betrayed us," Nightwing said. Turning back around, he looked at Red X. "Red X, you've proven yourself to us...so we have decided to make you a Titan."

"Thank you, I'm honored. But he was really thinking, You're more stupid than I thought. Destroying you will be easy.

"Consider yourself a Titan," Nightwing extended his hand. I don't trust you, Red X, and I'm gonna watch you like a hawk. "Hey, go tell Raven what's going on."

"Alright," Beast Boy said, morphing into a bird he flew home.

"So what happened today?" Angel asked.

"It's the weirdest thing, Red X showed up and helped us stop a robbery."

"Fascinating. Especially since that was once his chosen profession."

"I agree. I don't trust him, he's acting way too much like Terra."

"So what happened?"

"Will Nightwing let him join us."

"Beast Boy, watch him like a hawk."

"I will," Beast Boy replied.

"We both will."

Red X stepped inside the Tower. Nightwing showed him a room where he would stay and left him alone. Ryan Stuart smiled to himself. This would be too easy. He would destroy them before they knew what was coming. They would all fall heavily, and their destruction would be complete. There would be no one standing in his way. No one, not even the Iron Fist.

Nightwing was standing on the roof, thinking. He was thinking about Red X when Starfire came up behind him. "Are you alright, Dick?"

"Yes, I'm fine," he replied. "You saved my life you know." He smiled.

"No I did not. Red X saved your life. Not I," Starfire looked at him quietly.

"You're the one who told me to look out. If you hadn't said anything, with or without Red X, I would have been a goner."

"You flatter me, Nightwing," Starfire smiled. Nightwing quietly wrapped his arms around her waist.

"No I don't Star, I mean every word of it." He leaned in close, and kissed her sweetly. She gently wrapped her arms around him, content to be close to him. Nightwing gently ran his fingers through her hair, she quietly stroked his face and smiled. Life was good to her, Starfire sighed quietly, she was completely happy. But as Angel had said five months ago, happiness is for a moment...
Sign up to rate and review this story