Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece

Simple

by Slades_Downfall 0 reviews

Luffy keeps his life simple, go on an adventure, become to King of the Pirates, eat lots and lots of meat. But sometimes he does think of what it would be like to be more serious.

Category: One Piece - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-07-02 - Updated: 2012-07-03 - 1723 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Seven: Eve of Destruction

That evening the stars shone brightly illuminating the night sky as the Titans leisurely walked home after their confrontation with Skull and his Iron Fist thugs. Nightwing was deep in thought over the sudden blatant appearance of Skull, or John Thomson as Beast Boy, Garfield Logan called him. It seemed strange that the Iron Fist dared make themselves known after just a year of being defeated by the Titans, especially Raven who had gone into their headquarters, slaughtering them all to avenge Beast Boy's 'death'.

Little did she know that Beast Boy was actually the leader of the Iron Fist. Having changed his name to Changeling, Beast Boy had made his name as a villain, blatantly defying the reunited Titans as they attempted to rid Jump City of its feared Ruler of the Underground.

They had successfully defeated Changeling, Beast Boy's alter ego after he separated himself from Garfield Logan, who Beast Boy was when he was not Changeling. Raven, known as Angel Anderson at the time, had fallen in love with his handsome normal self. When they discovered the truth about each other, she'd brought him back to the Titans, and Changeling and the Iron Fist was finally defeated. They'd been broken and scattered. Now it seemed they had reformed led one of Beast Boy's minions. And though they were not as efficient as Beast Boy's gang when he was known as Changeling, they were still a force to be reckoned with.

Still, the Titans were sure that they could defeat them. Nightwing knew that they were not invincible. With Red X aiding them he was sure that it would be only a matter of time before the Iron Fist would fall, and this time permanently.

Red X. Nightwing said he trusted him; indeed he did, to a point. Red X had proven himself a Titan, saving his life and helping them take down the Iron Fist. He was starting to earn his trust. Though Nightwing never fully trusted anyone, except his five friends who knew everything about him; he trusted Starfire most of all, because he loved her enough to give her his complete trust.

Arriving at the Tower, Nightwing turned to the rest of the Titans. "Well guys, we did ourselves good tonight. If you want to go home now that's fine."

Raven and Beast Boy bid Nightwing, Cyborg, Red X and Starfire goodbye and flew off towards their house. Red X went into the computer room, claiming he needed to do some research on the Iron Fist. Cyborg went into his room to sleep and recharge his battery for the next day.

Nightwing and Starfire were alone in the living room, sitting on the couch, talking. "Are you alright, Star? You fought hard out there."

"I am fine, Nightwing. But I worry about you," she gave him a smile.

"Worry? Why would you worry about me?" Nightwing looked at her concerned.

"I think, sometimes, you push yourself too hard."

"Do I?" he asked. Something was worrying her and he wanted to know what it was. "Star, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just I'm worried about you," Star looked at him, her emerald eyes filled with worry and care. Nightwing gave her a smile.

"Well, you don't need to worry about me. I'll be fine, Star. I promise." He gently pulled her close. Starfire gave Nightwing an inviting smile. Accepting the invitation, he wrapped his arms around her body, pressing his lips to hers in a sweet, smothering kiss that stole her breath away.

"I love you."

"I know." Starfire quietly entwined her fingers in Nightwing's dark hair. He gave her a smile. Kissing again, they quietly pulled each other close, never wanting it to end. Gently, wrapped his arms around her waist. Starfire embraced him, contently leaning in close.

"Dick, you are so wonderful," she murmured in his ear. Responding to this compliment, he trailed kisses down her neck. She moaned a little. Dick Grayson chuckled, he loved her so much. He loved seeing her so happy. He ran his fingers through her hair. She stroked his face. Dick Grayson smiled. Letting her go, she pulled away content.

"Go on. Get some sleep." Nightwing helped her to her feet. "Tomorrow will come before we know it." He watched Starfire walk out of the room. Sighing, he too went to his old bedroom. He needed some sleep.

Red X watched them from across the hall in a dark corner, gritting his teeth in jealousy. The time was coming. Tomorrow he would strike. It was earlier than he'd originally planned but he didn't care. He pulled out a communicator. Not the Titans one they had given him, but a different one. "Skull, start tomorrow. I've lost my patience."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, the time is now." Red X said intensely. "You will kidnap Angel Logan and take her to your place."

"What about Nightwing and Changeling? I want him alive!"

"I will handle them. You have nothing to worry about. I will bring him to you."

"And Cyborg and Starfire?"

"They will be busy handling their own problems. Perhaps, I can convince her to join us."

You can do that?" Skull asked skeptical.

"I have my ways."

The next day was cloudy and foreboding. Angel Anderson Logan frowned at the weather, staring up at the sky from her window. Garfield had already gone to Titans Tower. They were having a meeting. Angel said she had to go to work and she would join him later. Quietly she began to make her way to the Brewers Cafe, climbing in the car, she drove quickly, strangely worried about something.

Unlocking the door, she walking inside, she began her day. Serving and waiting tables, she smiled and chatted with the costumers. She was popular and well liked by all. A few of them remembered her as Raven, but they all knew her as Angel.

It was shortly after lunch, Angel had just gotten off her break. Walking down the hall, she prepared to return to her work. Something told her something was wrong just as a strong pair of arms grabbed her. A hand was on her mouth before she could say anything as a cloth was placed on her mouth, causing drowsiness to fill her senses. Overwhelmed, she tried to stay awake, but collapsed into the arms of her attacker. John Thomson smiled. Soon he would have his revenge. Quietly, he dragged her off to a nearby car. Shoving her limp body into the car, he climbed in.

"Drive," he told the driver. They drove off to the Iron Fist warehouse. He stared down at the unconscious woman beside him. "You will prove very useful." He chuckled quietly. Revenge was so close he could practically taste it. But he wouldn't be satisfied until Changeling, his wife and his pathetic friends the Titans were all dead.

The alarms rang at Titans Tower, signaling trouble. "What is it?" Beast Boy, Garfield Logan asked.

"You won't like the news," Nightwing said quietly. "It's Raven."

"Raven?" he asked, immediately. He was worried, not only for her, but for his son, who had yet to come into the world. "What happened?"

"I don't know. Come on guys, we have to go." Nightwing sighed. This was the worst thing that had happened in weeks. He was frustrated. Things were getting worse and he didn't know what he was supposed to do. "Red X, comes on. I'll need your help. Hopefully, we can track her."

Red X smiled quietly beneath his mask. Things were going exactly as planned. Now all he would need to do is steal Starfire away. She was one to trust too easily. And if she objected, it would be no trouble stealing her away. Now getting Nightwing away from his friends, that would prove difficult.

"I say we should split up, it'd be easier to track her," he suggested. Red X looked at Nightwing, who appeared to be seriously considering considering the idea. "You go with Cyborg and Beast Boy, I'll take Starfire with me."

Nightwing gave him a sharp look. He definitely did not approve of this idea. The idea of Red X alone with Starfire disturbed him greatly. "I need to talk to Starfire in private." Gesturing to her, she joined him.

Lowering her voice, Starfire asked, "What is wrong, Dick?"

"I don't like you going anywhere near him."

"I thought you trusted him."

"I trust him. But I don't trust him with you."

"Don't worry about me, Nightwing. I am stronger than I look. I can take care of myself."

Nightwing pulled her close. "If anything were to happen to you-"

"I will be fine, Nightwing, I can take care of myself." She kissed him deeply, embracing him. He responded to her affection with his own. Sighing, he pulled away. "Take care of yourself."

"I will."

Turning, they walked out to join the others. "Titans, Go." They ran flew to the Brewers Cafe. Starfire took a hold of Nightwing. Beast Boy had a hold of Red X. Arriving at the cafe, they began to look around. Beast Boy spotted his wife's communicator.

"John Thomson. Skull, he's stolen her away from me."

"Does he know she's your wife?" Nightwing asked.

"I don't know."

"We'll find her," Cyborg said.

"We will not rest until she is safe," Starfire reassured him.

"Let's split up. We have a lot of work to do."

Angel Anderson awoke with a grunt of pain. Looking around, she took in her surroundings. She was chained to a wall in a dimly lit room. At first, she didn't know where she was. Then it hit her, she had been there before. This was Changeling's old hideout. Now she was the prisoner of...whoever had taken over this place.

"You're awake," a voice said in the darkness. Angel strained to see who it was.

"Who are you?" she demanded.

"Hello Angel," the voice said to her.

Angel started. That voice! She knew that voice. Give me your money if you wanna live! Those words echoed in her worst nightmares, and she knew exactly who it was. "John Thomson." She breathed. He chuckled. She was now a prisoner of her friend's murderer, the one she had never found. And she had no idea what he planned to do to her.
Sign up to rate and review this story