Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > From Secrets And A Scarlet Sky...

Flames In The Vein

by BleedingValentine 7 reviews

Flickering enchantements and magical tunnel descents.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-07-05 - Updated: 2012-07-05 - 1532 words - Complete

5Exciting
Here goes it. Chapter 12, ladies and gents. We're getting right into the thick of the plot. Do you guys like it? YOU LAIIIIKE? Ahem. I dunno what the fuck that was. But here you go. I just have to mention... I feel really guilty about what I did to Mikey. I made it all better, but... I don't know why I'm doing this, I'm so sorry. But it gets better.

UPDATE; I wrote this. This is pretty much my diary, so be nice. You know what? It really happened. Like, really really. http://www.ficwad.com/story/195861. I'm so happy :')

Chapter 12; Flames In The Vein

“Where was he, Anna?” asked Ray as he, Anna and Abbie made their way down the stone tunnel, Jenna staying behind to tend to Jasmine.

“Down here... but Ray, be careful, I nearly screamed...” whispered Anna. Ray nodded and gripped her hand tighter.

“Holy shit!” said Abbie, clasping her hand over her mouth.”

“What...” Ray felt sick when he saw what awaited them.

Mikey was there. Oh yes, he was there, he was awake and watched as they walked down the corridor. But... all three felt nauseated. Mikey smiled weakly at them.

“Hey, guys.”

Ray and Abbie could only stare, open-mouthed. Anna bowed her head, a tear tickling down her cheek.

“Mikey...”

Mikey was sitting on the floor. But he was only sitting because he looked unable to stand. He couldn’t stand, or lift his arm above his head. Every inch of his visible skin flickered with an orange light, a flame, including his face... and the light ate into his flesh.

His face itself looked relatively okay, expect for where the flames crept up in lines across his neck and caused deep grooves to appear, grooves that kept appearing, then healing, then carving themselves again in a new pattern. The same was happening on his arms and torso where his shirt was hanging off him in rags, but instead of thin grooves, whole sections of flesh scarred over, then healed, then dug into itself again.

“Mikey... what on earth?” asked Abbie, crouching down beside him.

“Jasmine’s powerful, isn’t she?” said Mikey. His breathing was labored, and he winced every time the flames on his body flashed and a new scar was carved.

“Mikes...” Ray was at a loss for words, he just knelt down beside Mikey and gently placed his hand on his shoulder. “Does it hurt?”

“Not as much any more,” said Mikey. “It was awful... before. It’s sort of... gotten used to it. If you know what I mean?”

“No, Mikey... Holy crap...” Ray couldn’t speak anymore, but just sat and stared at Mikey. Anna was still standing, her eyes firmly closed. Abbie was dumbfounded.

“Holy shit...” They all turned, to see Jenna standing in the tunnel, staring at Mikey. Jasmine stood behind her, looking incredibly scruffy, disheveled, and ashamed. Her face was blotched red with tears.

“Jasmine, what the fuck did you do?” asked Abbie, narrowing her brows. They all expected her to slump and break down, but Jasmine just turned her gaze to Mikey and stood up taller.

“I didn’t. There were voices in my head. I didn’t know what to do, and... I did this to him, didn’t I?” she asked sorrowfully.

“Yes. You did,” said Mikey. “It’s okay. I forgive you.” Jasmine said nothing, but knelt down next to him and closed her eyes, placing her hand on his shoulder.

“What are you...”

“Shh,” said Anna. As they watched, the fire caressing Mikey’s body receded. The scars had healed over before the flames could carve more, and his body was left unblemished.

“Better?” asked Jasmine opening her eyes as the fire disappeared. Mikey smiled, and sighed in relief.

“Thank you, thank you so much,” he said.

“It’s all I can do. I’m so sorry, Mikey. I truly didn’t mean to.”

“I believe you.”
____________________

“Down there? Are you absolutely nuts?!” said Frank, standing at the rim of the crater in the volcano.

“I’m not nuts,” said Linnea. “I’m thinking of the easiest way around.”

“Jumping into a fucking giant hole in the top of a mountain is the easiest way around?” asked Dana.

“Right down your street, eh Dana?” said Gerard. Dana scowled.

“Look, if you...”

“Oh, save it, you two!” shouted Tay. “I’m getting sick and tired of your bickering! When are you both gonna grow the fuck up?!” Dana and Gerard both looked at the blue-and-black haired girl in surprise.

“She’s right, guys. I’m tired of you two always getting at each other,” said Frank. Dana just continued to scowl, but Gerard nodded.

“Good.”

“Tay?”

“Fine.”

“Alright. So, how are we going to get down?” asked Gerard, looking down. “Besides jumping and breaking our necks, I mean.”

“Easy,” said Linnea. She waved her hand and time seemed to slow; the wind lessened on their cheeks, the clouds in the sky slowed and the rushing of the waterfall filling the river quietened. The group then floated up and across the edge of the crater, slowly moving down towards the centre.

“What the heck?” said Tay, looking around. Frank grinned.

“It’s cool isn’t it? Just never let Jasmine take you.”

“Provided we find her, and that her mind’s returned to normal,” said Linnea.

“I hope we find them quickly,” said Gerard quietly. Frank nodded and rubbed his shoulder comfortingly.

“I’m sure Mikey’s fine, Gee,” he said.

“I hope so. I really hope so,” said Gerard as they touched down, time returning to normal.


“Now what?” asked Dana, looking around.

“This way,” said Linnea, pointing underneath an overhang of the crater edge.

“How do you know?” asked Tay. Linnea just raised an eyebrow.

“I’ve taught Jasmine for nearly I year. People leave traces, and Jasmine’s is quite distinct. They’re down here. A long, long way, but they are down there.”

“Okay. Let’s go.”
____________________

“Gerard and Frank knew this would happen,” said Mikey, as they all around a fire. “I heard them talking about it the other day. Gerard was really scared.”

“Why didn’t they tell us about this?” asked Abbie.

“Maybe they didn’t want to frighten us.”

“We would have at least been prepared.”

“It would have made it worse,” said Jasmine.

“How so?”

“If they’d told you that I was about to destroy the island, get you guys caught down here and kill everyone else, you’d have locked me up so I didn’t do anything. Hell, I’d have locked myself up,” said Jasmine.

“I guess so... hang on,” said Ray, grinning.

“What?”

“Tay, Frank and Dana aren’t here, are they?”

“No...”

“So that must mean that they’re back up on the surface. I mean, whoopee, Frank’s with Gee and all... but that means they have to cope with Dana,” said Ray, almost beaming. Mikey and Abbie laughed.

“Oh, dear. It is gonna be chaos with her and Gee. Is there any way we can watch them?” asked Abbie, looking at Jasmine, who shrugged.

“I could set a visual on them, but it takes concentration. And I don’t want to use too much magic. I don’t want to loose control, again,” she said.

“I guess so. Do we try and find our way to the surface?” asked Ray. Jasmine shook her head.

“If we did try and make out way out, we’d end up lost. I trust Li-li to come and find us safely. If we tried to make our way out, we’d just end up in a massive chase around the middle of... wherever we are,” she said.

“I suppose so. What do we do, then? Camp out here until they find us?”

“I don’t think we should,” said Anna.

“Why not?”

“Because I’m worried about Jasmine,” she said. Everyone else looked confused but Jasmine smiled.

“There are up sides to being quiet, aren’t there? Anna’s the most observant of you lot. If we stay here, there’s a chance that the voices return,” she said. “The voices that made this happen in the first place.”

Not for the first time, everyone was wondering exactly how Jasmine could remain so calm. Especially seeing as they were trapped underground, the island was in ruins, and that she could become possessed at any time...

“Why aren’t you scared?”

“Because I know Li-li’s coming to get us.”

By the way... the entire fucking story's chapters are green. All of them. I mean, all of them. Holymotherfuckingshitithinkiminlovewithyouguys. Anyway, let's keep this up. Please Rate and Review, I love you. And alkfdasdfghjk, this is amazing. Have you noticed how I update quicker the more reviews I get?

That sounded so rude xD Anyhoo... like I said, I don't know why I'm putting Mikey through so much shit. I'm sorry. But it hasn't finished, this story, by no means. By now it may seem like the 'oh they get rescued and all ends happily soon' bit, but don't fret. I still have a few tricks up my sleeves.

BleedingValentine xx
Sign up to rate and review this story